Changes to Pergatory

Caladon
Forum Regular
Race: Chaos Marine
ID: 40983

Re: Changes to Pergatory

SlimD wrote:whatever the final outcome.

Admin - Please kick everyone from PERG - when the update kicks in (give them 24hrs of PPT if they complain).

1. Then active players will make their choice to go back or not - and (new/revised) limits can be applied

2. All those inactives can actually be raided by active players - or you can delete some and thin the herd of inactive accounts at the same time. Not saying 4997-5000 is inactive.. perhaps when the last login wasnt for months :)

Cheers and good luck with whatever is chosen.
SlimD

I think that this is a great idea.
If I have traded with you, please give feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=132155
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Sabin le Rose wrote:Also, before I forget.

Raise the AT's needed to leave perg.
Make it five days again. It was never adjusted after we got four turns instead of three.

Very good point.

urogard wrote:well bit of input, i think gr points should be aquireable in perg, but only for accounts who are unascended.

I might could agree with this.

Yogi Bear wrote:Overall i think perg is good as it is, the only thing that needs changing is the limit, i shouldn't be able to stay in perg with 47 mill army and nor should the people with 60 mill.

Then you obviously are not the victim of the abuses that come from it. Having a player be able to mass you, steal a planet, and run where you can not follow on a regular basis for weks or months on end is abuse. Period.

Yogi Bear wrote:To be honest all these constant changes wreck sgw, i feel big changes should be made to everything at once then just leave it alone

Well putting in half thought out ideas, and not fixing the bugs or exploits will do far more damage then constant change. The game changes constantly, or always has since I started in early 06.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Caladon
Forum Regular
Race: Chaos Marine
ID: 40983

Lore wrote:Well putting in half thought out ideas, and not fixing the bugs or exploits will do far more damage then constant change. The game changes constantly, or always has since I started in early 06.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think that it is true for any RPG. Once it is in the hands of dynamic players, there are bound to be loopholes, exploits, whatever you will that need to be address to keep the game fun and competitive for all.

The proposed changes clearly indicate what the purpose of perg is. I think the updates are sound enough. I do think G & R should be gained . . . I'm not to certain if it should only be to those that are unascended or not. Growth, and army size, would be incredibly muted in perg. Does it matter if someone is ascended then? Perhaps if combined with disallowing the purchase of AT with MT?
If I have traded with you, please give feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=132155
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

Dizzy wrote:
3) 24hour 'no attack' before being able to enter.

Great idea - but IMO needs to be taken further..... ala Clarkey. No attack, no PPT..... same as going on vac mode "You need a clear conscience to be able to enter that realm"

Oi, that was my idea...:P but I'm glad to see that others (such as clarkey) have agreed with me...
:lol:
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???
ID: 0

This game was just right a few years ago when the first put it to 3 attack turns per turn, that sped the game up enough and made it good, all this create a planet etc crap has just made it way to easy, ascension is now virtually free.... the average UP now for active people is around 150k and back not even 2 years ago that would have been good. I agree that half thought out changes are a bad thing but so are constant changes because of people whinging they got screwed over.... MAN UP!!!, easiest solution is delete perg completely and change the game back to when it was hard to have stats, i think we need to back date the game a few years so it goes back to being a bit more fair... This game changes something every week it seems.
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: none atm
Race: replicator

yes it is most certainly always changing.

and so just put the entry size down nice and low and walla all big people will be like oo **** i cant come back

u got some nice ideas yogi :-D
~Ancient~
Fledgling Forumer

I personally dont think perg players should be ranked, if they cant take the heat or pace on the main battlefield then there not worthy! when i see perg players ranked 20 or there abouts i spit at my monitor!

~Massey~
Shadowarrior
Forum Newbie

I have thought long and hard about this i see two main points of intrest (so please read all of it beforing posting on it)
1. Stopping the ability to mass
2. Allowing growth for new players

my soloution

Thanks to the implementation of the milatarty experance upgrade we have a "tried and true" method of judging battle damage.

Your Achievements (war points per in brakets)
Attack Mercs Killed (1)
Defence Mercs Killed (20)
Attack Soldiers Killed(2.5)
Defence Soldiers Killed(50)
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(15)
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(300)
Spies Killed(100)
Spy Killers Killed(5)
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300)
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300)
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200)
Planet Defences Destroyed(300)
Planets Taken(5000)
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001)
Untrained Kidnapped(100)
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.1)
Attack Turns Used(1)

As you can see we already have a system of measuring how many mercs/def/ soldiers are killed plus of course wepons being killed so my soloution is to simply put a daily cap on how much stat damage can be done by one player in one day i feel this suggeston solves both of our problems....
as for the actual cap i leave that up to those who are more learned in the ways of battle then I...
feel free to expand and mutaute this idea into something more tangeable.

(i am firm affirmation of changes 123 its just 4 that doesnt make sense.)
Mc. Random says:
If I had to compare you with anyone in history shadow, It would be general patton.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

739182465 wrote:and so just put the entry size down nice and low and walla all big people will be like oo **** i cant come back

Though it would certainly help for a while, I doubt if that's going to do the trick. Ppl would just sell of a bit more before entering perg, and will continue using it as a sniper's hide-out.

Imagine - I mass you and take a planet once a week, then disappear. You can't follow me because you have more LIFERS than the perg cap, you can't mass me, you can't do anything. Imagine I then manage to rank #1, and you can't do anything to me because I'm untouchable, invulnerable, safe...
Sabin le Rose
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Wyverning
Race: System Lord
ID: 1925678

Tacet wrote:
739182465 wrote:and so just put the entry size down nice and low and walla all big people will be like oo **** i cant come back

Though it would certainly help for a while, I doubt if that's going to do the trick. Ppl would just sell of a bit more before entering perg, and will continue using it as a sniper's hide-out.

Imagine - I mass you and take a planet once a week, then disappear. You can't follow me because you have more LIFERS than the perg cap, you can't mass me, you can't do anything. Imagine I then manage to rank #1, and you can't do anything to me because I'm untouchable, invulnerable, safe...

Not true.
Lifers can go and blow up anti covert still.
Stargater580 wrote:Sabin, my favorite System Lord....
= System Lord Talk
David Bliss
Forum Expert
Race: God

I like the updates.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sabin le Rose wrote:
Tacet wrote:

Not true.
Lifers can go and blow up anti covert still.

Why would I kill 100 mill Lifers to go into purg to punish a guy with a 10 mill army size? concsidering he sells his intentionally for resources and to never have income.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

^^I agree!

Killing off enough lifers to get into perg would be madness. That would simply increase the sniper's success against you. Do you really want the sniper to force you to adopt his playing style? And remember, even after you've killed your lifers you won't be able to mass him because of update (4).
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Thats one of my biggest pet peeves. To see someone screaming about how "unfair" the gap is, and then go to market and see them selling UU on a regular basis. Jason moves t protect small/new accounts and I can appriciate that, but when small/new accounts refuse to grow simple to get the "benifits" is nothing but abuse.
Reason, youll get dead.
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer

Lore wrote:Thats one of my biggest pet peeves. To see someone screaming about how "unfair" the gap is, and then go to market and see them selling UU on a regular basis. Jason moves t protect small/new accounts and I can appriciate that, but when small/new accounts refuse to grow simple to get the "benifits" is nothing but abuse.

well said

Return to “Suggestions Archive”