Offensive Names (Users, Race, Titles, Motherships & Planets)

Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

Re: Offensive Names (Users, Race, Titles, Motherships & Planets)

ive lived in a very indigenous community, and almost all of them thought that saying "im black" or "youre black" was extremely racist
if someone says "im white" then i find that racist, as they are actually Caucasian (to be politically correct)
if any of the members of that alliance are of darker skin colour, they should find a way to better express that
there are plenty of other things they could call themselves WITHOUT offending anyone
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
Doc
Fledgling Forumer

TT:
Baxter, your an uptight **Filtered**. Nuff said.
Saying im black, isn't racist.
Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. and GTHO
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Baxter wrote:Allianceid 16294

"i m black"

thats extremely racist, especially here in australia

Whaaat? :shock: "Extremly racist"??? Toon_PDT_10 Toon_PDT_06 :smt104 :smt108 :smt107

It's the "n" word which is racial slur.
"I'm black" isn't racist neither is "I'm white".. #-o
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]What if the black one said "i'm black" on that TV show... would you be ringing to make a complaint?

You know what's funny, celebrating my 30th the other night I was having a jack daniels and coke.... with very little coke. The black barmen actually said to me "you're drinking like a black man". I laughed. Did I consider his comment racist? no.

How the hell can you call someone racist or offensive for saying "i'm black" when they are black for crying out loud. Get over yourself dude, there is nothing offensive about it. Stop wasting Admins time. [-(
Image ImageImageImage
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

Clarkey wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]What if the black one said "i'm black" on that TV show... would you be ringing to make a complaint?

You know what's funny, celebrating my 30th the other night I was having a jack daniels and coke.... with very little coke. The black barmen actually said to me "you're drinking like a black man". I laughed. Did I consider his comment racist? no.

How the hell can you call someone racist or offensive for saying "i'm black" when they are black for crying out loud. Get over yourself dude, there is nothing offensive about it. Stop wasting Admins time. [-(

hey clarkey, did you know that they had to take the black power ranger off the show because of people calling up because his colour was racist???
just because YOU dont consider something to be racist, doesnt mean it isnt
how do you know whether he is "black" or not?

EDIT:
no offence everyone, but i think that it should be up to admins to decide to change it or not
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
Doc
Fledgling Forumer

TT:
Baxter wrote:
Clarkey wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]What if the black one said "i'm black" on that TV show... would you be ringing to make a complaint?

hey clarkey, did you know that they had to take the black power ranger off the show because of people calling up because his colour was racist???

I think your racist. You said the word black.
Now..GTHO
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Baxter wrote:ive lived in a very indigenous community, and almost all of them thought that saying "im black" or "youre black" was extremely racist
if someone says "im white" then i find that racist, as they are actually Caucasian (to be politically correct)
if any of the members of that alliance are of darker skin colour, they should find a way to better express that
there are plenty of other things they could call themselves WITHOUT offending anyone

what about if I called you an aussy?

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Baxter wrote:

EDIT:
no offence everyone, but i think that it should be up to admins to decide to change it or not

Well then people are stupid because they are creating issues that don't need to be created. Bloody hell the colour of most black people isn't even black, it's brown. Why the hell would people complain about the black power ranger because his suit is black? ](*,)

Baxter..... you have your race title as Australian..... YOU are pointing out the fact that YOU are Asutralian.... why is that any different to someone pointing out they are Black?

Oh sod this, this is n't the place to discuss it... i'm taking it to vendetta corner..... as soon as I sorted out this stupid house issue.
Image ImageImageImage
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

the worlds gone mad im white and if someone said to me ur white id laugh and say i no and someone saying their black isnt racist comon people lets stop picking little things out. people are over sensitivelike the the baabaa black sheep poem i dont understand why they changed that cause their are black sheep
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

"Australian" is neither a race nor an ethny, it's a mix of Aborigenes, people of british descent back from conquest, and people from Asia, Indian and Pacific oceans.

So before acting all shocked about something which isn't (I'm black), make sure to get your facts straight, Baxter.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Offensive name
id=1920021
Fancy a @%^
is a loaded connotation.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mohamed
FU_king Machine :P [ «SK» Emperors™ - Member]
Living God of the ORI

http://gatewars.com/stats.php?id=65323
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Lore wrote:Mohamed
Living God of the ORI

What part of this is offensive ?

Surely not the 'FU' part since everyone knows what 'FUALL' stands for and has been allowed.

Maybe Mohamed ? But then maybe thats his real name, there are a great many people called Mohamed in RL.

Confused.com

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

MEZZANINE wrote:
Lore wrote:Mohamed
Living God of the ORI

What part of this is offensive ?

Surely not the 'FU' part since everyone knows what 'FUALL' stands for and has been allowed.

Maybe Mohamed ? But then maybe thats his real name, there are a great many people called Mohamed in RL.

Confused.com
Presented in this manner it is masking. :-) Don't argue in this thread. The decision on these is up to admin and his aides.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “For Admin Archives”