mods sticking to one name

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): jix

Re: mods sticking to one name

fair point ifirit but i would also liketo point out the numbrer off posts made by mods/admins maybe off putting to normal forum users hence why wedont have an opendebate except for me and yo right now.
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Connor MacManus wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Connor MacManus wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:why not accommodate all users with clear communication? If you are indeed out to help users then what is the problem with helping maintain clear communication, rather then assume because you perceive something one way everyone else should? Clearly some see the flaw in constant changing of names, and some do not. Is it really something that is that hard to compromise? Rather then be stubborn to what you are use to?

This thread has been here for over three years and is updated when need be.

And what a helpful thread it is :) I want to note thought that it has a low amount of views :-k
personally It doesn't effect me, but does effect others. I personally don't see anything wrong with either perspective, I just like to point out perspectives, a devil's advocate if you will. I'm just here to help :-D even though I'm probably being a pain in you're ass :P

The low view count is not my fault/problem or concern if people do not wish to be informed about things. It is there, has been and is updated pretty frequently. I'll admit sometimes a mod is forgotten/left on for a little bit because, I/we're all human ^^

oh this I am aware of eary, I was merely making an observation, it could be for any various reason(s), many of which I am sure we could speculate for countless hours.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

The Joker wrote:Your Argument: Chain of Command isn't clear enough.
Counter: It's quite clear. Based on color, which is described at the bottom of the index page and has a link to each group.

Your Argument: It's confusing and you can't find a specific mod.
Counter: If you need to talk to a specific mod, there is a post/pm/warning that shows you who to talk to. The name acts as a link that updates whenever the name is changed, allowing you to talk to whoever you wanted to no matter what.

Your Argument: It's confusing and I can't find any admins/global mods/section mods.
Counter: If you need to talk to a specific mod position, you can use the links at the bottom of the index page to find one to pm.

Your Argument: Someone in a position of power shouldn't change their name because it can confuse people.
Counter: The position of power is implied by the color of their name and their group memberships. The name does nothing to imply that someone is a mod, nor does changing a name do anything.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Mods and admins have been changing their names frequently for over six years. It's not going to change now because a single user whines about the possibility he might get confused.

Get over it.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): jix

[BoT] Jack wrote:Mods and admins have been changing their names frequently for over six years. It's not going to change now because a single user whines about the possibility he might get confused.

Get over it.

so your word is final?
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

7 pages of trolling, il read after i post if i can be bothered.

As for the topic title... they can change their names liike all other members can, or they can make 3 accounts like all other members can if they so please.
Most mods have a signature, or some other sort of identifying piece of information in their details on the side. get used to it.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

You've given reasons why Mods should not be allowed to change their names, which would be taking right away that is given to all Forum Users. It's possible it could be changed, but it will not be changed lightly, and on a whim. Your reasons have been responded to and in my opinion disproved by The Joker. You can choose to continue the argument and post a rebuttal, or you can choose to reply but really respond, which you have already done.

Your tyrannical view of the Administrators and Moderators of these boards is an ill-conceived viewpoint, and has no base in fact or evidence. You choose to continue this argument because it you think us always having the same name is much easier for you, and it probably is. We're not here to make life heaven for you and hell for us, we're here to make it enjoyable for all users, which includes Administrators and Moderators. Any problem you have by a Staff Member changing their name can be quickly remedied with a few clicks of your mouse, but you don't want to make those clicks, you want take a right away from us, the Staff, instead.

All feedback is considered, none is ignored. Yours has been considered, and it would seem as of right now the consensus of the Staff is that your suggested improvement is not that at all, but an unnecessary change. I hope life on these boards looks up for you soon, and you can have a more open mind.

~Empy

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

oh hai, an average forum user has arrived :smt047

i dont see the problem, most mods have their normal / ingame name in their sigs, wouldnt take much effort for all of them to do it

its beyond me why this needed 7 pages of **Filtered** over names....SO FAR

chill out, simple compromise up above ^^
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

I could maybe understand forcing mods and admin to stick with one name if it were say, a paid position. But seeing as it is a volunteer job with no compensation other then the constant ridicule from the uneducated masses is it really so important to take away all there user rights? Sounds like a solid way to keep the volunteers a comin.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

SuperSaiyan wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:what is HVE policy on its forum names and why does it have that?

first of all, let me point out, as eary said... this is not the HVE forums, this is not HVE and if you have a question about HVE's policies, you know where to find me.
Second, I'll humor the question, cause I can...
HVE has that policy because on our Empire forums, the in-game identity of members matters, it is so that people know who everyone is both in-game and on our forum.
Wait.. what? :neutral: That just totally went over my head, there.

Anyway.. ANOTHER regular user.. mods can do whatever the **Filtered** they want, unless Earendil, Deni or Zeratul (oranges) disagree with it. Or their superiors (apples), if they are regular mods. :smt021
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Connor MacManus wrote:[spoiler2=]
Iƒrit wrote:
Connor MacManus wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Connor MacManus wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:why not accommodate all users with clear communication? If you are indeed out to help users then what is the problem with helping maintain clear communication, rather then assume because you perceive something one way everyone else should? Clearly some see the flaw in constant changing of names, and some do not. Is it really something that is that hard to compromise? Rather then be stubborn to what you are use to?

This thread has been here for over three years and is updated when need be.

And what a helpful thread it is :) I want to note thought that it has a low amount of views :-k
personally It doesn't effect me, but does effect others. I personally don't see anything wrong with either perspective, I just like to point out perspectives, a devil's advocate if you will. I'm just here to help :-D even though I'm probably being a pain in you're ass :P

The low view count is not my fault/problem or concern if people do not wish to be informed about things. It is there, has been and is updated pretty frequently. I'll admit sometimes a mod is forgotten/left on for a little bit because, I/we're all human ^^

oh this I am aware of eary, I was merely making an observation, it could be for any various reason(s), many of which I am sure we could speculate for countless hours.
[/spoiler2]

:o How did you know it was me?
because I am your stalker :shock: :smt060 :smt047

I don't think its really worth continuing this thread, both sides have had their say its basically a stalemate since there is many ways in which you can find a clear line of communication and chain of command, or have I missed something?
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

It's more like side A has proven the other wrong multiple times yet the side B continues to ignore the reasons by side A simply because they are on side A. :roll: Side B needs to come up with some reasons that actually are valid besides user ignorance.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Why would you need to address one specific mod on this whole entire forum if most issues if actually forum related can be sorted by following the links in the section of the forum where the problem occurred....Personally you're just a fool and should get off your high horse, if you need to get a specific mod chances are its about a warning and you my good sir can just click the reply button
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

All mods can change their names except Empy who must be now known as Poopyface Tomatonose
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

muffafuffin wrote:I could maybe understand forcing mods and admin to stick with one name if it were say, a paid position. But seeing as it is a volunteer job with no compensation other then the constant ridicule from the uneducated masses is it really so important to take away all there user rights? Sounds like a solid way to keep the volunteers a comin.

This was one of the most logical posts in this entire thread, so it comes as no great surprise to me that it was completely ignored amidst all of the flaming and petty oneupmanship.

A few things have happened over the last few years. Firstly, the usage of the word 'bias' became a lot more frequent; thrown around most often by people who have precious little understanding of either its meaning or its practical application. Secondly, we've had fun hoovers like Clarkey on the mod team. In the time since I first became a moderator and the present day, the following measures have been proposed:

- That we should strive to only select 'neutral' moderators who weren't part of either FUALL or TJP (the two main factions in the game at that time).
- That moderators who had accounts involved in wars be exempted from posting, in any capacity whatsoever, in those war threads
- That moderators be banned from making humorous postings in one another's user notes
- That moderators be banned from jokingly banning one another
- That moderators be banned from moderating any kind of incident in which a known friend or enemy of theirs is involved
- That moderators refrain from using 'sarcastic' language which could be misinterpreted by the users

I considered each one of these proposals to be ludicrous. I fought, with varying degrees of success, against every single one. In an environment where moderators are volunteers, as well as players, the continued search for 'neutral', 'generic' and 'inoffensive' persons is extremely flawed and has had a number of negative consequences for both the staff and the forum as a whole. See here for more details.

Moderators are people, and as if that wasn't bad enough, most of them are players as well. Unless some of you are willing to spend some cash on a team of ergonomically engineered robots instead of that next spy level, you should stop trying your best to stop them being both and accept that their sole purpose in life isn't the pursuit of a glorious fourth reich on these forums.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”