ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: So what is the problem?

sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

I would like to see ascended accounts that aren't linked to a main removed, not fair they can hit/decend ppl with no fear for their main based account..

btw what is this new update ppl are going on about?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

renegadze wrote:
Tekki wrote:
renegadze wrote:
I heard one of your suggestions would be to start over with ascended...i.e a reset.

Where did I say this? Please do not put words into my mouth, I find that disrespectful.

I disagree on the catching up though. In the past when DD dominated the server it was impossible to catch up, so changes were made and viola it was possible again. This is a similar situation. I am NOT suggesting that it should be easy, just that it should be possible. There simply is not enough DMU out in the game and the relative costs of the levels make it YEARS before anyone gets to catch up. Now I don't mean get someone to a good account, I mean catch up to the top account. If you are catching up, then you should aim for the best.

That IS NOT POSSIBLE and even if you get a 'good' account, with the current mechanics (which maybe have changed) then you still can't do diddly against them.

How is that in any way conducive to making an active server? It's not. If you know it can't be done then you won't do it and right now it can't be done and catch up to a good account takes 2 yearish of flat out farming. Sorry not likely to happen.

I am not yet even 1 year in TL

I had a CER of 187
a TOC of 281 mil
and personals of 520

I worked on it..a LOT........I improved.

If you can't cut it....go play another game!

with fools like you about it looks like thats what most people have been doing ;) personally this wont bother me$$ but it is definately a game killer..watch and learn people..watch and learn.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Tekki
Forum Addict

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

I would like to see ascended accounts that aren't linked to a main removed, not fair they can hit/decend ppl with no fear for their main based account..

So Femme, you have the following stats, or something close to it:

2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

If the answer is no, then you ain't caught up.

I honestly do not think most of the people here realize how big some of the big accounts are. Don't think that an account with 1.3b TOC is a decent one. It's NOT.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Borek
Forum Addict

it's true you can get "OK" in 6 months, i did it myself, but since the changes came in and people have been playing/farming a bit more it has been noticeably harder to do. Also worth noting that "OK" is not "Good" nor is it even close to Good.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Tekki wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

I honestly do not think most of the people here realize how big some of the big accounts are. Don't think that an account with 1.3b TOC is a decent one. It's NOT.

i have two of the 3 above (bar defence as I dnt have it often get more turns) and I got them in 4 months

My CER is 900 million per day half of what you said almost it only gets expensive round 700 k fleets n i think 700-800 physical. BUT i dont know if its a trend starting or if its just because people are logging in to ascended more but theres not much to farm this past day or so

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Finally some debates... I like the activity in here :)

I personally have some ideas in mind, but, as lacking the time now, I won't post them until this evening.

On another note: I would strongly advise all of you to keep the bullcrap about cash spending 'n' stuff like that out of this place. This is still the Suggestions for Ascended Subforum.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the downside of this update is being descended while u cant play withing 24-48 hrs

ppl sleep and work so thats a base of 16 hrs offline , in that time u can be descended for good.

this makes the game not friendly at all cuz to play u need to live and so go at work and sleep otherwise. if its different then pls put a warning that this game is for ppl that dont work+sleep.
Last edited by Lithium on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
EbilCC
Forum Addict

ok how about this I was talking to tekki last nite I gave her a headache #-o

Point 1
Up the newbie protection time to 3 months

point 2
Make a decending rank thing like the 130 attack so big players cant decend little ones IF (i dont no if its possible to do) they are active IE it can be checked they actually play ascended then big players cant hit them only smaller players either in size or TOC or both. If they dont login big players can hit them and decend them

if not just have a calulator of some sort for decending to?

Point 3
A guide to ascended for ure

Point 4
fixing costs to balance TOC ones and decendables

point 5
adjust 1/5 power rule for newbies so grow faster (although its cheap get up to 500 k fleets relatively speaking)
Last edited by EbilCC on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Borek wrote:it's true you can get "OK" in 6 months, i did it myself, but since the changes came in and people have been playing/farming a bit more it has been noticeably harder to do. Also worth noting that "OK" is not "Good" nor is it even close to Good.

So whats your point Borek?
Are you seriously suggesting that players who put little into their accounts should get great results?
It's still considerably easier to build a good or great account in ascended than it is in main.

The changes have finally made it possible to descend inactive accounts.
Active accounts still can't be be descended - All you have to do is log in to transfer life force.

Lithium wrote:the downside of this update is being descended while u cant play withing 24-48 hrs
ppl sleep and work so thats a base of 16 hrs offline , in that time u can be descended for good.
this makes the game not friendly at all cuz to pay u need to live and so go at work and sleep otherwise. if its different then pls put a warning that this game is for ppl that dont work+sleep.
I agree. No one should be able to be descended in under 12 hours, if not more.
Last edited by Robe on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

CCexy wrote:ok how about this I was talking to tekki last nite I gave her a headache #-o

Point 1

point 2
Make a decending rank thing like the 130 attack so big players cant decend little ones IF (i dont no if its possible to do) they are active IE it can be checked they actually play ascended then big players cant hit them only smaller players either in size or TOC or both. If they dont login big players can hit them and decend them

if not just have a calulator of some sort for decending to?

Point 3
A guide to ascended for ure

Point 4
fixing costs to balance TOC ones and decendables

wha

in ascended rank doesnt mean u are stronger or not, army aswell . also u can have a lil account there and huge one in main or vice versa , so pint 2 cant work that way.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Tekki wrote:Okay, one thing that does need to be fixed is that a descension hit SHOULD eat into your reserves.

At the moment it doesn't. It takes your life force, but it doesn't touch the reserves. If 400billion is reflected back this should take all the life force and start on the reserves.

That's when you hit someone of course, not the other way around.

It actually does already. Happened to me yesterday.

Tekki wrote:Therefore the first change I'd really advocate is the EXTENSION of time on how long it takes to descend someone. 7.5 hours is too fast. It NEEDED to be faster with the bigger defences but now that that has been taken away, it's too fast. I'd put it back to the 3 hours between hits or maybe even 4 hours.

I agree. More time between hits is needed so people can sleep/eat/work/have lives.

CCexy wrote:ok how about this I was talking to tekki last nite I gave her a headache #-o

Point 1

Good idea, but the main problem for newbies is that they can't farm for DMU due to this stupid 1/5th rule. Increasing the protection time, whilst good in that it'd mean they dont have to worry about desension for 3 months; unless the 1/5th rule is removed or altered so that people with under 1b planets can hit freely up to say 5b armies, then 3 months isn't long enough to even hope to build up. Once you have the planets, you can build very quickly. Thats where the underlying problem comes from.

Also a suggestion of my own - hunt assassins is incorrectly balanced compared to the assassin abilities. You can DM and DI 95% of someone's account with only a few turns, but the kill ratio for hunting is so low that you use all your turns and people phase before you kill enough imo.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Currently you can be descended in 7.5 hours. I believe this to be too short. The average work day is 8 hours not including time it takes to get to work and back home, so say 9 to 10 hours and the average person sleeps 6 to 8 hours. I'd say increase the minimum amount of time it takes to descend someone to 12 hours. That would give most people enough leeway to log in and save their reserves. Also, that's only if you are dealing the full 2/5ths max damage you could cause someone. For a 12 hour minimum descension would require the time between hits raised to 4 hours.

00:00 -- First hit
04:00 -- Second hit
08:00 -- Third hit
12:00 -- Fourth hit

Currently when you first ascend you have 60 days protection against being descended. As I and many others have expressed, the rank modifier should be removed. If it was removed a new player could literally farm enough dmu to make it to the 600 personal levels, 1000 military levels, and 300k fleets within the first week or two. Thus giving them ample room to advance and possibly catch up with others. And when I say catch up to others I mean seriously, if you have the high military levels or the high toc or the high cer then you realize the cost of it. I've taught people the ascended realm what to do and what not to do and quite frankly most of them passed me. lol

Turns. There are a limited amount of turns gain in ascended while also being capped at 2k. Currently right now the lower in rank you sit the more turns you generate allowing for more farming, massing, DMing, etc The downside is that the planets you have trained as "super" planets ie the untrainable ones can be completely destroyed at no cost to the attacker.

Rough scale of turn generation based on rank:
900 gives 3
1600 gives 5
2300 gives 7
3000 gives 9
3800 gives 11
4000 + gives 13
5000 + gives 15

Exact ranges I do not know. My guess is as good as anyone's guess on that.

Anyways, the whole point of that was to give new players who are ranked low more turns to play until they increased in rank and experience. Right now a good portion of the active players sit in the low ranks to generate more turns to play with. Call it sniping; call it whatever you will. The more turns people generate the more they can play.

This is just a suggestion as it just clicked and I'm too tired to put to much thought into it so if its ridiculous then just ignore me. What if after a certain amount of time say the 60 days of protection or 3 months or whatever the turn generation is reversed? Meaning the higher ranked you are the more turns you generate. If people wanted to play hard they would require stats so those that wanted to sit with nothing ie snipers, would generate the minimum turns.

I honestly don't know if that would work or not... I'm just throwing it out there.

There's a development server for ascended. Call it a beta ascended. Anyways, I would suggest Admin Jason using it instead of implementing updates directly into ascended. Have players test them out and provide input so said updates could be balanced before going live.

I'm tired. Goodnight everyone, I'm off.

Edit. Could you add commas to the recons? I dont know how many times I've hit someone for dmu when I thought there was more there then what it said. lol

Tekki wrote:2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

Hell, I only have one of those.

Norbe wrote:Also a suggestion of my own - hunt assassins is incorrectly balanced compared to the assassin abilities. You can DM and DI 95% of someone's account with only a few turns, but the kill ratio for hunting is so low that you use all your turns and people phase before you kill enough imo.

~Norbe~

Agreed.

Also DM/DI may be to powerful as well. I mean you can flat out destroy all the enemies planets in 30 hits (270 turns for DM / 450 turns for DI). Your phased after 30 hits.

Image Image Image
EbilCC
Forum Addict

i meant rank for decending as in based on there decendable levels and activity not rank

and im sorry if ur active then the rank would mean it takes to get you and reward you if its possible to code it

the problem is people dont work on there accounts get 5 hours protection as you can be killed in 3 hits not 4 :smt017

and really if you say people need 10 hours protection no1 would be decendable if u login once a day no its to long

and point 5 from earlier post
adjust the 1/5 power rule

ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Tekki wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

So Femme, you have the following stats, or something close to it:

2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

no its not near the top range yet but my account is highly undecendable (according to the hungarian cal)... and that's my main concern.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon

I agree that if you log on every 12 hours you should be able to save yourself from descension.

The descension should be able to get inactive players, not active players even if they are weaker.

Also 14 days without ascended powers are imo to long, you are dead in the water if you get descended and then massed on main.

Make it one week and the descended person can get back after a week to fight.
The way it is now, you descend someone in a war and he/she is out. can't make anything real happen with out burning his/hers account.

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go

Return to “Suggestions”