Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Regardless to whether this is a witch hunt or not, both Mezz and LD have resolved the issue between themselves, lets not drag this out anymore than it needs to be. The whole issue upset LD enough and he doesn't need anymore.
Image ImageImageImage
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

[BoT] Jack wrote:He did not tell anyone to do anything. He reported his experience dealing with said trader.

Which carries more weight because of the uniform he wears than it would a normal user, this is what you all (mods) need to understand when you post here you are always in uniform wether you post in your mod colour or not. ;)
Psyko
The Irresistible

~Thamuz~ wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:
Juliette wrote:How do you go from two people overreacting at each other (LD & Mezz) to a witch hunt against the mod team? :?
Makes no sense.

It is a legitimate concern when phrased properly. And yes, the misconception that this is the fault of mods is an easy bandwagon to jump on to..

A witch hunt on the part of Mezz. I'm not just taking into account this one thread, but his words in the others as well.

And no, this is not a valid concern. We are users first, mods second. As a user, LD had a positive experience in trading with Harch, then reported that experience as a user. His post was short and concise. Not once did he attempt to use his moderator status to help boast Harch's reputation, he did not post as a mod, he did not say anything like "Harch is the most trustworthy trader of all time, take my word for it, I'm a mod and would never lie."

As for there being "three on going cases involving Harch scamming"... I'm pretty sure there was a time when someone thought I was a scammer and tried to report me as such. Should all mods have been barred from reinforcing my reputation as a trustworthy trader?

But the coloured name that marks you as out as a mod changes everything. its always there wether your posting as a mod or posting as a normal user, call it your uniform if you will, i'd take more notice of someone in a police uniform on his way home after a work telling me to do or not to do something then i would the same person out of that uniform telling me excactly the same thing. ;)
And for the Record i don't think LD should lose his position, just to be more careful in the future.

Ya know, something I find really funny is that all of my posts from before I became a mod have my blue name sitting right next to them, as do every other Mod/GM/Admin's posts. Just because their name is blue now, doesn't mean it was blue when the post was made. I know that isn't the case here, but unless the person is posting in their modding color, I don't think it should be taken so seriously. That's like someone bringing up one of my past posts in a current debate and saying, "You see what kind of Mod she is?!" when I wasn't even a Mod during that time. Just because our name is blue, green, or whatever doesn't mean that we are posting as mods in every post.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Clarkey wrote:Regardless to whether this is a witch hunt or not, both Mezz and LD have resolved the issue between themselves, lets not drag this out anymore than it needs to be. The whole issue upset LD enough and he doesn't need anymore.
That is really not relevant. The issue escalated from a personal spat to a discussion about the principle. This does not concern anyone personally, but practically everyone technically.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I agree with Jules. The discussion has evolved.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

@ Psyko, no I dont think LD should be sacked for this. As I said already I do believe the post in question was a error in judgment, one made with good intentions that has now been removed. I pursued the issue in the wrong way, an overly aggressive way which made LD respond in kind. In the heat things were said by me and LD without proper consideration.

I like the Police analogy Thamuz made, as I said people in a position of authority & trust have to be more careful than people who are not. In this forum the mods are in that position and accepting a position as a Mod means your errors can have more serious consequences than the errors the rest of us make.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

While I agree with this "just to be more careful in the future."
~Thamuz~ wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:He did not tell anyone to do anything. He reported his experience dealing with said trader.

Which carries more weight because of the uniform he wears than it would a normal user, this is what you all (mods) need to understand when you post here you are always in uniform wether you post in your mod colour or not. ;)

How do you wish this to end think about this mods dont get anything for this I am probably one of the quietest mods here I have gone out of my way to not have to give a warning to people and help anyone whom I can help. I am a market mod I have no influence or power to do anything to anyone, I am human and have had a bad few days which is my business so does this mean if I say anything I am an authority when I am just a quiet mod in which I so the best I can. As for Mezz yeah I did explode a little as did he I see no use in continuously dragging on with this thread Mezz has asked for a resolution even in this thread I have done exactly what was warranted and asked all this is, is an attack on mods and your dislike for how things get done. It comes down to how far you want to take this and where does it end? In addition I dont get paid for this stress or attack on my character this is my time in which I believe I have grown into the SGW community and I believe I help or assist other players, I dont take the attitude of a dominant mod I have always taken an attitude in which I am and working with people not commanding people.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

lone dragon wrote:While I agree with this "just to be more careful in the future."
~Thamuz~ wrote:

How do you wish this to end think about this mods dont get anything for this I am probably one of the quietest mods here I have gone out of my way to not have to give a warning to people and help anyone whom I can help. I am a market mod I have no influence or power to do anything to anyone, I am human and have had a bad few days which is my business so does this mean if I say anything I am an authority when I am just a quiet mod in which I so the best I can. As for Mezz yeah I did explode a little as did he I see no use in continuously dragging on with this thread Mezz has asked for a resolution even in this thread I have done exactly what was warranted and asked all this is, is an attack on mods and your dislike for how things get done. It comes down to how far you want to take this and where does it end? In addition I dont get paid for this stress or attack on my character this is my time in which I believe I have grown into the SGW community and I believe I help or assist other players, I dont take the attitude of a dominant mod I have always taken an attitude in which I am and working with people not commanding people.

if it helps i lub you :smt060
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Still going Jeeeeeeeeeezeeee :smt047
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

This^

You can't except Mods to not be able to do things, like post good trades, just because they're Mods. It's quite unfair. LD had a good experience, and he posted such. He wasn't doing it refute Harch is a scammer, which he is, and that can't even be reasonably inferred.

So, in all fairness, there is no problem.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

E.M.P. wrote:
This^

You can't except Mods to not be able to do things, like post good trades, just because they're Mods. It's quite unfair. LD had a good experience, and he posted such. He wasn't doing it refute Harch is a scammer, which he is, and that can't even be reasonably inferred.

So, in all fairness, there is no problem.

Put simply:

Posting as a mod.

Posting as a user.

Mods are users too.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

the police analogy is complete nonsense. irrelevant. if you really want to equate this to a member of the police force, then do it right.

An off duty police officer goes into a supermarket he doesn't regularly visit on the way home from his shift. he's pleasantly surprised at their low prices and their customer service. Nothing looks suspicious or anything of the sort. He goes home and tells his friends later about the place, according to his experience. in no way has he instructed anyone to go there. in no way has he given the place an official recommendation or an all clear from a business ethics comittee.

There was nothing wrong with LD's post. There was no need for him to remove it.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Solus wrote:the police analogy is complete nonsense. irrelevant. if you really want to equate this to a member of the police force, then do it right.

An off duty police officer goes into a supermarket he doesn't regularly visit on the way home from his shift. he's pleasantly surprised at their low prices and their customer service. Nothing looks suspicious or anything of the sort. He goes home and tells his friends later about the place, according to his experience. in no way has he instructed anyone to go there. in no way has he given the place an official recommendation or an all clear from a business ethics comittee.

~soul

Did i say anything about friends? Its a bit different telling your friends about something when your in uniform to telling a complete stranger which the majority of us are on these forums. Post smart is all thats being asked is that such a biggie? :smt017
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

~Thamuz~ wrote:
Solus wrote:the police analogy is complete nonsense. irrelevant. if you really want to equate this to a member of the police force, then do it right.

~soul

Did i say anything about friends? Its a bit different telling your friends about something when your in uniform to telling a complete stranger which the majority of us are on these forums. Post smart is all thats being asked is that such a biggie? :smt017

Read smart. Someone saying "good trade" doesn't mean "hey guys, he isn't a scammer, you can trust him completely". It means "The trade was good".
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

The Doctor wrote:
~Thamuz~ wrote:

~soul

Read smart. Someone saying "good trade" doesn't mean "hey guys, he isn't a scammer, you can trust him completely". It means "The trade was good".

Post it in the correct section then, maybe trade feedback, not in a thread about buying resources for £/$ that was made straight after his name was added to the scammers list, As i said post smart. :roll:

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”