mods abuse

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: mods abuse

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Noobert wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:So your statement would indicate you think you are above and beyond everyone else.. Perhaps this sentiment is shared and thus a root cause. Count how many spam posts are in this thread...oh, I forgot spam is in the eye of the beholder and thus not spam as would be deemed by the committee.. :-k

In logical, and reasonable terms - I am stationed above you as a Moderator.

In egotistical terms, no. I am as equal as everyone else on this forum.

I would never give any form of power to this community for this very reason. People whine, but never try to fix the forum in a respectable matter. They always try to change it or change the people who help run it because they think they were wronged by a certain individual or individuals.

As I said before, and many times before that in a RoKeT thread. If you wish to change this forum, and you wish to help benefit it you know how to. You have had many chances to do so, and that is usually why whining goes ignored.

Which do you think would be taken more into account to changing this forum between these two posts?

Post #1:
MOMMY! HE TOOK MY TOY! GET HIM TO GIVE IT BACK OR I'LL CRY!

Post #2:
He stole from me, and I would like to have my item returned as soon as possible. Thank you.

Well, a few things I have noticed that mods commonly do to reflect the onous away from themselves..is what you just did..

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread Hypocrisy. You have spammed as well. And mods are users too. When we aren't posting as a mod (i.e in our mod colour), we are just the same as everyone else. We are susceptible to the same punishment for breaking rules as anyone else is.

2- use "whining" in a sentence Yes some people do whine. Noobert says this because he is hoping that someone, instead of just whining about a problem, would just try proposing a solution. Although what relevance whining has to being a mod, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've seen whining mentioned from both mods and users.

3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**. Good luck trying to find a way to fix this. If we have no grey area, we'd either get complaints of either being too strict, or not strict enough.

With the "grey area", it is left to the mod to decide whether there is a rule breach, and if so, what punishment (if any) to give (based on common sense and the users previous warning history). If a user believes a mod has been wrong in their decision, they can always follow the protocol to appeal this (1: Section Leader. 2: Ombudsman/Admins).

My response in green.

So in all of this, instead of making a genuine effort to address the thread starters issue, problem or disagreement you have done nothing but argue and spam your asses off... :-" and try to justify your lack of ability and or desire to fulfill your duty as mod. :-k

I don't see any lack of ability or desire, nor any need to justify it. And in case you hadn't noticed, every post of mine in this thread has been in response to rob3rt, and to all other replies in this thread that is on topic. Not to mention my verbal warning to stop spamming within the thread. I have yet to spam in here.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

[BoT] Jack wrote:By declaring something as spam and responding to it, you yourself are indeed spamming. Pot, kettle, black? :-k

Im not a forum cop, I am having a yard sale this weekend and have those items, are you in need there?

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

And there is the real issue, JT thinks it's ok for him trip spam, but no one else.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

[BoT] Jack wrote:And there is the real issue, JT thinks it's ok for him trip spam, but no one else.

Insinuation to detract from the real subject at hand is yet another ploy for you so called mods to justify the negative manner in which you conduct yourself.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well, a few things I have noticed that mods commonly do to reflect the onous away from themselves..is what you just did..

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread
2- use "whining" in a sentence
3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**.

The greatest ideas in the history of mankind in regards to good forum mechanics can be brought forth and those 3 things will happen led by you mods. Yes your **Filtered** stinks, and your phraseology stinks, and your spam is spam whether its gray, green, black, blue or some imaginary color not discovered yet.

JT. You know I have enormous respect for you but what you just wrote is an utter load of **Filtered**. I would love to draw the L in **Filtered** out longer to make an emphasis but I see no point.

My post makes perfect sense, and you are saying phraseology stinks? I offered you a choice, and you chose to speak of spam.

This is not Spam, nor was my previous post. You want to talk about Spam or what provokes spam? The beginning of this thread, with no more information then a few words which leaves us to interpret "wut?" or cause us to make a joke.

As I said before, you want things taken seriously? Make a serious post that doesn't make you look like a child, and it will be addressed because otherwise you will continue to be treated as a child by most of this forum staff.

Do not forget that this thread is not for Moderator's spamming either, but Moderator Abuse..
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Well, a few things I have noticed that mods commonly do to reflect the onous away from themselves..is what you just did..

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread
2- use "whining" in a sentence
3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**.

The greatest ideas in the history of mankind in regards to good forum mechanics can be brought forth and those 3 things will happen led by you mods. Yes your **Filtered** stinks, and your phraseology stinks, and your spam is spam whether its gray, green, black, blue or some imaginary color not discovered yet.

JT. You know I have enormous respect for you but what you just wrote is an utter load of **Filtered**. I would love to draw the L in **Filtered** out longer to make an emphasis but I see no point.

My post makes perfect sense, and you are saying phraseology stinks? I offered you a choice, and you chose to speak of spam.

This is not Spam, nor was my previous post. You want to talk about Spam or what provokes spam? The beginning of this thread, with no more information then a few words which leaves us to interpret "wut?" or cause us to make a joke.

As I said before, you want things taken seriously? Make a serious post that doesn't make you look like a child, and it will be addressed because otherwise you will continue to be treated as a child by most of this forum staff.

Do not forget that this thread is not for Moderator's spamming either, but Moderator Abuse..

Well last I checked and in forums the staff is in place to serve the general users, but by what you just posted it is flipped in your mind..sorry m8 there are too many threads about where they were derailed by mods themselves..I say again, mods did not even try anything except spam and joking at the onset of this thread. POINT again. Your actions cannot be justified based on your..well actions.

Deni
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

The thread itself is spam. A single ambiguous line about some vague issue...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well last I checked and in forums the staff is in place to serve the general users, but by what you just posted it is flipped in your mind..sorry m8 there are too many threads about where they were derailed by mods themselves..I say again, mods did not even try anything except spam and joking at the onset of this thread. POINT again. Your actions cannot be justified based on your..well actions.

What the hell are you talking about?

We are in place to serve this FORUM, and you want to know the best part? We enforce the rules, and literally clean up after all the crap you leave behind in the Market when there's a thread that blatantly says "Please put a closed sign when you are done trading, so we may remove the thread." Instead of helping the Moderators, you can't be bothered once you've done your trade to help.

The beginning of this thread was probably a joke all together, but turned into something larger because certain individuals love to cry about **Filtered** they have no reason to cry about.

My actions? They are completely justifiable. Show me where I have warned an individual for spamming in a thread full of spam, and not warned another. Just the other day, I said to a Mod who works under me that he would have to warn every single individual for spamming a Market thread and not just the one person.

It doesn't matter what I say anymore though, you are set in what you think so it's up to you to believe what I say or not.
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

I've been reading every post , I find it rather...

Intresting

The problem with this , is not the "spam" , "abuse" or any other isseu's.

The problem why people react and being upset on mods being "based"

Moderators , posting like users ... like a discussion here "Saying oppinions"
to users , compete in war threads.

While people think moderators should have no opinnion other than the rules and checking
the forums , warning people , helping people out , give them direction .

What you just have sed noobert I kinda dissagree upon that , user shouldn't change the title to
"Please close this thread" However muttual respect is better than one-sided so I would change the title.

to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

And use their Mod account for what the purpose is ment for

And this might solve it all .
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Ercury wrote:I've been reading every post , I find it rather...

Intresting

The problem with this , is not the "spam" , "abuse" or any other isseu's.

The problem why people react and being upset on mods being "based"

Moderators , posting like users ... like a discussion here "Saying oppinions"
to users , compete in war threads.

While people think moderators should have no opinnion other than the rules and checking
the forums , warning people , helping people out , give them direction .

What you just have sed noobert I kinda dissagree upon that , user shouldn't change the title to
"Please close this thread" However muttual respect is better than one-sided so I would change the title.

to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

And use their Mod account for what the purpose is ment for

And this might solve it all .

This was tried already, you should remember about it. They were named General Mod # and Market Mod #. However it didn't work out very well...maybe nowadays it would? Who knows...
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Bad idea. Conceived poorly back then, implemented in a poor fashion, and ultimately abandoned since everyone knew who was who anyway.
Only way you could make this work is by firing and rehiring the entire team. There's nowhere near enough experience outside the team to fill a new team, so you'd end up with the same people; maybe in different positions, but the same nonetheless.
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Juliette wrote:Bad idea. Conceived poorly back then, implemented in a poor fashion, and ultimately abandoned since everyone knew who was who anyway.
Only way you could make this work is by firing and rehiring the entire team. There's nowhere near enough experience outside the team to fill a new team, so you'd end up with the same people; maybe in different positions, but the same nonetheless.

Yes , well readed both posts.

It's been tryed ok.

But critism will never dissapear when mods can say what they want when they want.
On every subject while the purpose is modding and helping.

I mean , you don't have to run a forum to understand the line above.

Cus even when you did lock this discussion it will remade in weeks.

So maybe we can think of something constructive and go from their ? :)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

The truth of the matter is that someone will always be unhappy. Most of the people whining bias are simply upset because they got in trouble for breaking the rules and are simply spoiled little brats that think they should be permitted to do as they please and everyone else should serve them.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Ercury wrote:So maybe we can think of something constructive and go from their ? :)

Right there bud :) so ideas though instead of criticism, the one sentence that was provided at the start of this topic was nothing but gibberish, if you want help seriously come up with ideas, I'd love to save the forums and i'm all down for whatever y'all think we need to do but getting attacked all the time doesn't help either sorry if this doesn't help but I do care and want to help and would love ideas thrown in :)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

[BoT] Jack wrote:The truth of the matter is that someone will always be unhappy. Most of the people whining bias are simply upset because they got in trouble for breaking the rules and are simply spoiled little brats that think they should be permitted to do as they please and everyone else should serve them.

Well Jack

Their is always something yes.
Will that change no the problem is not with the mods , but both users and mods.
cus , I can assure the readers.

No mod ever came and slap me on the wrist since 2006.

Basically , if I did be a diplomat a good relation between mods/users now

I did give 20/100 instead of a good solid 80/100 cus it's importaint a majority of a community likes the way a forum runs.

And not how a mod needs to feel how a forum is runned.

Cus if a moderator do what he likes to do , well the forum will go down in a spiraal.

It's the community that needs to favour the rules , maybe mods should let the communitie chose it's rules althougt the rules made by the community should be serieus.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”