Ascended biting the bullet

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

Mathlord wrote:Yes there are people who have spent a ton of money in dmu trades. We all know who they are ;)

But for many people, ascended is the last vestige of a place where, as a non-$$ spender, they can compete on the same level as the big dogs.

Some of the suggestions still allow that (which is what I DO want to conserve, given it was the same reason that drove me away from main to ascended). Some of the suggestions do not though (which this thread exists for the discussion of).
Some things like +1 to +3 extra turns per turn, still requires the player to farm (or can be used in war etc.) so it won't devalue ascended. 1.2 x dmu yeah that probably would and such won't go through :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Any other worries?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:Any other worries?

Climate change, Swine Flu, and others.

I still don't see the difference in feeding your main with $$$ then turning it into APP and flat out allowing cash purchases on ASC.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Or using $$$ to buy main naq with which to trade to users for DMU... There's no escaping it. The almighty dollar will always prevail.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:

I still don't see the difference in feeding your main with $$$ then turning it into APP and flat out allowing cash purchases on ASC.

Can't really stop that, if I make APP useless quite a few - non $$ spenders - would throw up there arms. Doesn't mean the flames should be fanned anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

dont do it . no need for it
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:dont do it . no need for it

Lol, there was no need for me to code for ascended but I did. Main would have got along just fine.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:

Can't really stop that, if I make APP useless quite a few - non $$ spenders - would throw up there arms. Doesn't mean the flames should be fanned anyway.
$$ spandex throwing up their arms kind of makes for all of that drama to appear comical to me. ;)
Guild
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:

Lol, there was no need for me to code for ascended but I did. Main would have got along just fine.

and so far you have done a good job with ascended , why spoil that now ?
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:

Guild.. you deserve a *hug*, you magnificent bastard. *grin*
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:

Looking at the quads on naq on main barely ever selling at that hideous price is flawed logic to assume that quints of DMU will be flying off the shelves faster than Merchant Sol can restock them.

Can't you see Merchant Sol wearing his little smock or is that considered an apron? You walk in the door and he greets you with a smile and sells you some DMU.

If someone wants to pay way, way, waaaaaay too much for ASC stuff etc. I say let them we get a better game in the end. In theory.

I know this and other ideas have been smacked down for fear of some Bill Gates wealthy type coming in and building a 1 quint CS but with that type of paranoia any ASC $$$ idea will get shot down rapidly. That leaves no room for suggestions on this subject.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:
Sol wrote:

Looking at the quads on naq on main barely ever selling at that hideous price is flawed logic to assume that quints of DMU will be flying off the shelves faster than Merchant Sol can restock them.

Can't you see Merchant Sol wearing his little smock or is that considered an apron? You walk in the door and he greets you with a smile and sells you some DMU.

If someone wants to pay way, way, waaaaaay too much for ASC stuff etc. I say let them we get a better game in the end. In theory.

I know this and other ideas have been smacked down for fear of some Bill Gates wealthy type coming in and building a 1 quint CS but with that type of paranoia any ASC $$$ idea will get shot down rapidly. That leaves no room for suggestions on this subject.
Posting that was a waste of time.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:Posting that was a waste of time.

I mostly like the idea of Sol wearing a smock or apron thingy. Not really sure what it would be considered.
Guild
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:
Sol wrote:

Why though :S there is nothing wrong with ascended that should give any need for $$ to play any part in its future, its going to piss of a lot of people the moment someone who doesnt want to put the effrt in buys their way to the top and starts beating people who have put the time in. and then kill of activity and then guess what ...noone plays ascended anymore

Juliette wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:

Guild.. you deserve a *hug*, you magnificent bastard. *grin*

im happy with the hug jules but im not so sure on that grin you got going on behind my back...
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:

Why do you think it will be spoiled? You're purely basing it off of what happened to main.

Guild wrote: its going to piss of a lot of people the moment someone who doesnt want to put the effrt in buys their way to the top and starts beating people who have put the time in. and then kill of activity and then guess what ...noone plays ascended anymore

People will still have to put in the effort to get anywhere. Buying their way to the top in this case isn't really a good basis for arguments...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended General”