SGW is DEAD.

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: SGW is DEAD.

Mathlord wrote:
Jim wrote:
Kikaz wrote:So much Pony.
Those were the days.
No they weren't.

:-D

Look I can pull up old sigs too!!

Omg!!!1!!!!11!!!ONE!!!!
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Bonus: Jack banned me.
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

lol noobert

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Aisar Saqib wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:I wonder whether this game will still be alive by January the 1st...2020.
lol whats going to happen that day and hey its been a long time
Nothing particular will happen at that date, more symbolic than anything else. Or well, I should have rather said 1st February 2020, will be 16th year of the game.

Yes I lowered my activity here (as the activity in general decreased) and never completed the move to Skype when MSN disappeared.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:I wonder whether this game will still be alive by January the 1st...2020.
lol whats going to happen that day and hey its been a long time
Nothing particular will happen at that date, more symbolic than anything else. Or well, I should have rather said 1st February 2020, will be 16th year of the game.

Yes I lowered my activity here (as the activity in general decreased) and never completed the move to Skype when MSN disappeared.
Man.. I forgot MSN was a thing.
Death is the Road to Awe

~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

I still miss msn, haven't had a sgw skype since 2013. Don't find I really need it in RL

I wonder how much deader the game would be if most didn't also seem to have multi accounts.
Logging into game there never seems to be more than 150 online at a time,
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

Dunno if this has been said before, but has anyone ever thought about why the game is dying out?
Players getting bored

Players getting farmed, so can't build something

Players, getting tired of endless wars

isn't there an official way to set alliances to war with each other? If not, why not, then a period could be set, whoever got most power at the end of the period, won!

Players not communicating with their alliance mates, so they become lone wolfs and an alliance dies out that way, no team play

there are allot of things, maybe the SG-1/Atlantis/SG:U show(s) ending had something to do with it, or the next generation is playing more WoW/LofLegends/PS4/XBox etc.
Who knows... :-k
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Wolverine_nl wrote:Dunno if this has been said before, but has anyone ever thought about why the game is dying out?

isn't there an official way to set alliances to war with each other? If not, why not, then a period could be set, whoever got most power at the end of the period, won!
well there is similar mechanic in the game called bloodwar :D but noone wants to participate in it as its only 24h period lots of things limited and mainly its very hard to make it happen as it requires two sides and once one side only sits there playing dead and not doing much and just hitting someone once in a blue moon to make its sniper run then its hard to push the limiter above 100% and still even if u do that and win that bloodwar nothing major happens in game and u can still war. And as its only 24h then they complain that one side wasnt prepared or other various **Filtered** of excuses :D And i would say the calculation of who killed more is wrong there as it encourages sniping and just jumping from ppt when u see good time and killing as much as u can before dying yourself. Imo it should be more like capture the flag with minus points or like domination with taking teritories from the enemy. Like Both alliances count their army potential and strength of it, but it only counts if its not on ppt, ie its in a battlefield, And if one alliance is having more power in the battlefield then that means the other alliance counter is going down every minute by some number (maybe dependant on the difference between powers) from lets say 1000 and once they will reach 0 they will lose the war. Its like the stronger enemies are pushing their forces and makes them to retreat and take their land (or space) and then they have to react, and they can try massing enemies and lowering their power or need to get some support and take other accounts from ppt to battlefield :) to equalize the power or maybe overpower them and make a counter attack ;)

also as it is now the punishment for that war is kinda lame as it takes like 10% of loser alliance bank or something like that, i would make it that the loser has to pay reparations for the winners and lets say they cant attack each other for two weeks, but every member of winning alliance can hit anyone in loser alliance daily for like 3 times max and take some naq or uu as their war loot. and the losers cant do anything about it.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

D3ath wrote:
Wolverine_nl wrote:Dunno if this has been said before, but has anyone ever thought about why the game is dying out?

well there is similar mechanic in the game called bloodwar :D but noone wants to participate in it as its only 24h period lots of things limited and mainly its very hard to make it happen as it requires two sides and once one side only sits there playing dead and not doing much and just hitting someone once in a blue moon to make its sniper run then its hard to push the limiter above 100% and still even if u do that and win that bloodwar nothing major happens in game and u can still war. And as its only 24h then they complain that one side wasnt prepared or other various **Filtered** of excuses :D And i would say the calculation of who killed more is wrong there as it encourages sniping and just jumping from ppt when u see good time and killing as much as u can before dying yourself. Imo it should be more like capture the flag with minus points or like domination with taking teritories from the enemy. Like Both alliances count their army potential and strength of it, but it only counts if its not on ppt, ie its in a battlefield, And if one alliance is having more power in the battlefield then that means the other alliance counter is going down every minute by some number (maybe dependant on the difference between powers) from lets say 1000 and once they will reach 0 they will lose the war. Its like the stronger enemies are pushing their forces and makes them to retreat and take their land (or space) and then they have to react, and they can try massing enemies and lowering their power or need to get some support and take other accounts from ppt to battlefield :) to equalize the power or maybe overpower them and make a counter attack ;)

also as it is now the punishment for that war is kinda lame as it takes like 10% of loser alliance bank or something like that, i would make it that the loser has to pay reparations for the winners and lets say they cant attack each other for two weeks, but every member of winning alliance can hit anyone in loser alliance daily for like 3 times max and take some naq or uu as their war loot. and the losers cant do anything about it.
Yes the bloodwar is limited and pretty lame (sorry admins ;) )

I like the CTF idea :D
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

the 3Es
Endless Wars
Empires
Egoists
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Mathlord wrote:And pay for us all to go and yell at eachother
I would enjoy putting some faces to ingame names, Im sure a few rounds of drinks could make SH%T get real, real quick
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert

I stopped playing for 5 years, and thought about SGW often, and one day BAM, i had such the urge to come back I spent 5 days trying to recover my old account, just to sell it and buy a new better one LOL

But a lot has changed since I left and activity is defiantly one thing.

App would be a good idea. I would be online even more

But also a system to help players just starting out, teach these new player how to grow and ascended.

Cause without the guidance of DDE i would have quit a long time ago after being massed time and time again while trying to grow
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert

I do like the WAR idea, cause man they can be drawn out.

Look at DDE VS TAF, There are a handful of member on either side that actually attack other. Its a dead war, and both side will not surrender, so it will keep going on this way
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

An app on IOS and android would massively boost members /income to game...
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

app idea was given ages ago and were there even some framework being created which could have been used in app but was only for ascended
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “StarGateWars General”