re: turns/turn ; superweapon bidding ; ascended attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Misz
Forum Newbie

Lorien wrote:
Misz wrote:Sounds like a great update. Finally something that will make the gap smaller between new and old players.

Think again, it'll make it impossible for you to get and keep the top rank, the closer that you get the more difficult it gets to do anything while the enemies you made while trying to get there find it easier and easier to kill off your army.

Today its impossible to catch up with the top ranked players. I didnt say that people will be able to catch up with the top accounts with this update but the gaps will be smaller since the higher ranked people wont gain resources to grow as fast as they used to.
Misz
Forum Newbie

Profitteroles wrote:Yeah that’s the way to do it punish the people that work hard and help the ppl that was lazy and didn’t think it through, its cost me over 60 million uu and 9 ascensions to get to where I am and now your going to put a handicap on me because I worked hard and give a helping hand to those that only ascended for the main bonus,

Hell this is such a good idea maybe the should introduce it in to other things like F1 racing hmmmm michael schumacher has been doing a little to good lately lets give him a fiat panda engine in his car and give the other drivers an extra 200 BHP or Chelsea football club how about we only let them play with 7 men and let everyone else play with 15.

The people that are at the top are there for a reason they didn’t get there by accident, chance or fluke they got there by hard work and sacrifice so why punish us?

There should be one way to get to the top and thats hard work and time spent not shortcuts and admin updates.

You will still grow, just not as fast as you are used to. The "punishment" will affect all players.

And fyi there is already punishment in car racing. In the touring car series rwd and awd cars get extra weight.

The top people are in the top cause they started early. They will still be in the top but the gap will be smaller.
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Nice update.

Yes, I know various people have worked exceedingly hard pooling resources to give people massive ascensions but I've also known people in ascension who have spent their AP points on anything BUT charisma because getting bigger simply means becoming a bigger farm for CoP. There is literally NO incentive for people to bother be bigger and maybe this will help them want to play ascended more.

Not sure about the ascended attacking thing since I understood it was meant to be difficult to descend someone and anything that keeps it difficult is to be applauded.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Profitteroles
Forum Regular

Misz wrote:Today its impossible to catch up with the top ranked players. I didnt say that people will be able to catch up with the top accounts with this update but the gaps will be smaller since the higher ranked people wont gain resources to grow as fast as they used to.

Look everybody started on a level playing field same account with 3 men and no ss how you play for there is all up to you there will be 3 reasons why ppl are not at the top

1. Dont spend as much time playing as the guys at the top in which case you shouldn't be able to compete with the top guys

2. Stratagies if your playing stratagies or choices were not as smart as the top guys the same applies as b4 you shouldn't be able to compete

3. Started late well this one is pretty obvious if someone has a years playing time over you its pretty clear they have a headstart over you which means you have to work twice as hard as they are just to start catching them.

But to me it seams people dont like the challenge or the thrill of the chase they would just rather wait for admin updates and whine and moan on the forums about how unfair it is that players that ascended with 10 million ascention points are beating players that ascended with 100k ascention points.

Misz wrote:And fyi there is already punishment in car racing. In the touring car series rwd and awd cars get extra weight.

We are not talking about an uneven playing field we are talking about a fair one where everybody has the same to start with like they do in this game. So now put weights in half of the AWD cars and tell me if thats still fair
Last edited by Profitteroles on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profitteroles
Forum Regular

Misz wrote:The top people are in the top cause they started early. They will still be in the top but the gap will be smaller.

Dont talk utter crap go check my ascention id then tell me im at the top coz i started early
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Sleipnir wrote:
smooshable wrote:We've had dedicated ascension programs where large numbers of us have pumped trillions of main naq into our friends accounts to achieve big ascensions. We've worked long and hard so that if descension ever was brought into the game then we'd have an advantage over those who quick ascended 5 times and have logged in 3 times since.

Perhaps that's part of the problem? How many people do you think can muster the resources to pump in trillions of main naq? The reason you're the top ascended accounts is not because you put so much work into playing ascension. It's because you were already the biggest in main. Now I'll admit, working on good ascensions should give you a bonus. However, what you want is basically the same as you've got in main. To be untouchable. No offense, but if that's allowed, that would be a real reason for the rest of ascension to say "We quit".

Has anyone even got the turn ratios? Do you even know how this update will turn out? Have you given it a chance? Have you even considered the fact that by the time one of those lower accounts has spent all those extra turns to catch up to you, they will gain no more turns than yourself? Why do people always think that updates like these are targeted specifically at themselves and will not affect anyone else in the game?

Mate I have allways respected your opinion but this is BS. The top ascended people didn't get there because they were the biggest in main or because they helped each other. I agree, that helped but not in the way you suggested. I had for a long time the [second] best non-GA[CoP] ascended account (Chunky sold it) ... and I did that with skill .... I didn't had tril of naq put into it, I admit I put alot more then others did but I got where I am because I figured out the formulas and I was able to THINK and do some MATH.

So it can be done and it still can be done if someone will dedicate enough time to it.

As the current war has proved no one is untouchable in main. The superweapon was introduced here in order to make anyone vulnerable, but it's stupid that someone who hasn't worked on his ascended account to have the chance to use it against someone who worked his ass off. If the superweapon is mentained then his usage should be prohibited to 10 ranks around you .... so if you want to hit Mojo or Sinister get into top 10 and then I agree you have earned the right to use it against them ...... I would even put the rank based only on influence not the general one or just no of planets ..... just think of it that in order to use the weapon you have to drawn energy from all your planets and even if you can drawn for a short time more energy to use against those with more influence(planets) you are limited into how much extra you can get.

Limiting the turns is another thing to limit descending people, if there aren't enough obstacles already. Considering that CoP has the vast majority of top accounts raiding doesn't really provide us with enough benefits (of course if we are at the 2k limit we will atack or raid but not becasue we really need that - the maximum we can raid is maximum 1-2 days of UP and for the very best is less then 30%). The only thing that is really very expensive turns wise is descending ..... 99 turns is already 5% of the max and you need to hit them more then once.

This black hole eating turns wont help lower players .... even if they have the turns they can't scratch the top defenses ... they will just beat each other and then the best ones will get raided by top accounts.

I dont like just to critisize, I know it's very easy, so here are a few suggestions :

1. NO SW or one with very limited action (as I said 10 ranks around you).

2. Give people more LF for each APP ... this is something it was done in the very beginning but then abbandoned and I don't understand why. Also make this ration based also on the number of APP you are getting ... for exemple : ascending with 1800 - 5000 APP will return 35 LF; ascensing with 5001-1000 will return 37 ... and so on until a limit. There should also be a modifier based on no of ascensions allrady done and on the ascended ID ..... the higher the ID the bigger the multiplier cause if a newer player. This will make people invest more into their ascensions and make the server more balanced.

The multipliers MUST be known ..... it's pointless now to hide ascensions facts from non-ascended people ... so that people can CLEARLY see what benefits they get if they invest more into their ascensions.

3. Change how the current overall ranks all calculated so that people can't abuse the "selling weapons - dropping rank - raiding with better modifier" thing. For exemple no of planets hsaould count for 40% of the overall rank, income should count as well ... etc. This way the ranking would be more realistic and people won't complain as much about it. This will also assure that if the SW will be kept it can only be used around our own rank.
Misz
Forum Newbie

Profitteroles wrote:
Misz wrote:The top people are in the top cause they started early. They will still be in the top but the gap will be smaller.

Dont talk utter crap go check my ascention id then tell me im at the top coz i started early

4 out of the 29 on page 1 has a id over 500.
16 out of the 29 on page has a id under 200.

Well, i guess i talk utter crap... If you dont see any connection with starting early and top rank i feel sorry for you.
Misz
Forum Newbie

Profitteroles wrote:3. Started late well this one is pretty obvious if someone has a years playing time over you its pretty clear they have a headstart over you which means you have to work twice as hard as they are just to start catching them.

Last time i checked we didnt have limitless ascentions or turns.
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer

Misz wrote:
Profitteroles wrote:

Well, i guess i talk utter crap... If you dont see any connection with starting early and top rank i feel sorry for you.

He clearly said it IS a connection ..... if someone deposited 100$ in the bank 10 years before you he's gonna get more money then you, this is LIFE.

What he pointed out is the fact that even with a high ID you can get there ... of course is not easy and it wasn't suposed to be; that's why there are more people with a lower ID at the top.

Just think before you talk or write ... it will serve you well in RL.
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Misz wrote:
Profitteroles wrote:

my ascended ID is 167 and my rank is 615..... just because you started ascension early doesn't mean you have top rank.

And, I'm gonna chime in too, this update is crap. As a person who has done 3 quick ascensions and until descension came out, logged in only a few times a year, I think it's highly unfair to those who actually put in the time and effort to play the server. I don't think they should be penalized.

And as for Sleip's arguement, while it's true that by the time they catch up they'll have the same issues, it's much easier for them to catch up now.

however, I like the update on the ascended vs ascended attacks.

Just my two cents.
Rienna
Last edited by Rienna on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profitteroles
Forum Regular

Misz wrote:
Profitteroles wrote:

Well, i guess i talk utter crap... If you dont see any connection with
starting early and top rank i feel sorry for you.

yes you do

I usually sit at rank 6-8 in ascention if i rebuy my strike

my Influence Power ***,232,642,624 Ranked 10 my id is 1171

Rank 11 influence is almost identical to mine his Id is is under 20

Catching the top guys CAN!!! be done
Misz
Forum Newbie

Rienna wrote:
my ascended ID is 167 and my rank is 615..... just because you started ascension early doesn't mean you have top rank.

As a person who has done 3 quick ascensions and until descension came out, logged in only a few times a year

I never said that you only need to have a low id. Ofcourse you need to play activly.
Misz
Forum Newbie

Profitteroles wrote:yes you do

I guess you never got any good dmu and raid targets from your high ranked friends ;-)

Grats on the catchup!
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer

Misz wrote:

I guess you never got any good dmu and raid targets from your high ranked friends ;-)

Grats on the catchup!

I didn't had and I'm on first page.

As for you not able to make friends it's YOUR problem.
Profitteroles
Forum Regular

Misz wrote:

Grats on the catchup!

Nope i did it all myself. Since i did my first ascention less 10 months ago all i have done is in main is raid and spend all of my income on raw up to do big ascentions. But i'm sure you will try to find some reason why im doing better than you up there other than hard work and smart choices

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”