StarGate Universe Season 2

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Re: StarGate Universe Season 2

I'm not that fond of SGU.

I miss the mcguyver stylish way of solving problems. (ad hoc, none conventional)

Sheppard did it in atlantis, as Oneil did for SG1.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

have enjoyed the latest few eposodes just a shame the main plat hasnt been focused upon more but that is due to the wrighters thinking they had 5 years/seasons

was glad eli maneged to find a partner in the end of eposode 18 felt sorry for the guy

also why cant the destiny catch up with the ships from novus i didnt get that ??as they should be able to work out ther path and scan fot the ships
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

finding them would be possible, but it would require a lot of luck... One of the issues depends upon whether they are mere ships, or if they are sleeper ships... if they are the latter, then communication would have to go through the ship's computer, which may not be easy...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I kinda gave up with Universe at the mid-season break. But I just watched the last 8 episodes back to back on youtube. Wasn't intending to, but holy crap that was some awesome tv.

Story plots ranging from the automated space drones, to the human civilisation story arc, to the Lucian Alliance, to the "diplomatic mission" to supply Destiny, to the end episode....I gotta say, I'm extremely sad that its been cancelled.

First season killed it. My dad stopped watching it then. I've only half watched it since. But the second season showed so much potential.

[spoiler]As for the ships that left Novus - surely Destiny's long range sensors should be able to detect them? It was 11 days travel at FTL. Now surely all those drone ships they plotted, with all the stargates were further away than that. Of course, you'd need something to detect...a specific engine output or something, but surely they'd have the specs of the ships from their database.[/spoiler]

I really enjoyed the second half of season 2 - some awesome episodes, some great space battles, and some touching moments. It even had a bit of humour in there with Mckay. :D

Did anyone else think the last episode was very similar to Unending and the sendoff for SG1? Had the same kind of nostalgic feel to me.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

I'm also in the same boat Repli.. stopped watching most of the second season and caught up with Netflix/On Demand. Its almost a different show, its that much improved from season 1. Lots of places it could have gone.. now we'll never know. :(

I'd rather have another SGU season than the crap Ori storyline and crap SG1 movies they made..
Death is the Road to Awe

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I completely agree with everything you two just said... In the same boat, I gave up, but then got caught up watching episodes online, and watch the last couple episodes when they premiered on Syfy... and I'm really sad that the show is cancelled now. It got very very good at the end, WANT MORE.

I also felt like the finale was like Unending of SG1, I caught myself drawing comparisons and such more than a few times. I thought it was really much better though... God I want more though. Wanna know what happens.

Novus story arc was awesome, I loved it, I loved the whole second half of Season 2. First Season was pure trash in comparison.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I also really like how Eli was stepping out from Rush's shadow more - especially after he saw the kino footage of the alternate him founding the school. Would have loved to see how that relationship developed - Rush probably getting more marginalised and frustrated till he did something precipitous.

I'm kinda curious why the automatic drones didn't destroy Novus? Surely that much tech in the area would have called them up after 2,000 years? But either way, I loved that whole story arc - normally in time travel episodes they somehow "restore" the "original timeline" like in Moebius in SG1, but it was great to see both timelines running along simultaneously. Especially loved Brody's rant :P

Now the second half of season 2 was probably some of the best sci fi I've ever watched...but it had lost too many viewers by the time they aired and pretty much been cancelled by then. I've been rewatching SG1 - in the first two seasons there were some great eps, but also some really bad ones (Bane, Spirits, etc) - pity SGU couldn't get the balance right earlier on.

So much potential....thought the last ep was great - it could serve as a great sendoff with everyone saying goodbye and having their last supper - but its also got the potential for future eps/movie should the demand ever be there :D
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I pray that someway, somehow, they give this show another chance. As many people have said, the beginning of the series was set in place to develop the show so you could understand it. It has a combination of both SG1, and BSG feel to it where you are stranded, fighting for your life, etc (at least to me it does). It's a sad ending to a show with such great potential. I will hope that we will see the end of the journey from Destiny and her crew. :P
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

BSG except some actions was a total crap and sgu 75% was crap aswell
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

SG1 > SGU > Atlantis

In my mind Atlantis was copying SG1 but just off-world. SGU however went on it's own course and that's what I liked about it.

I just watched the final episode. yeah I know, i'm behind a tad bit.

I thought the last few episodes were awesome, and the ending of the last episode also awesome. And Eli happened to be my favourite character in the show, in fact when I met him this year he said I was his favourite twin. :-D

The ending has left we wanting more, definitely. However, if it turns out that SGU will never be resolved, then I can happily say that I am happy with the way it ended, unlike SG1 that should have ended after season 8.
Image ImageImageImage
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I do not wish to necro a topic, however, I found this today and wanted to share..

Who remembers it?

I was surfing around the internet tonight as well, and it turns out that the producers of Stargate have a large surprise for us in store if they can overcome a "minor" hurdle. I got giddy reading that, however if this is true or if they can accomplish that is yet to be seen..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Oh yes, that. :-D
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Interesting hurdle, it is. but if they do overcome it, things could be great.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “The TV room”