a realisation...

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Re: a realisation...

lol why not just give me the power to destroy a account no matter how big they are with 1 shot then all this is solved??

On a more serouse note:

No i agrea what i hate the most is if someone comes in with a strike just better than mine or alot better he looses nothing i still loose the same ammount.

If it is a small guy who has not that big strike but enough to hurt me he loose a little i loose the same no matter what.

Then why have a defense?? I loose much more attacked than the attacker does no matter how much bigger or lesser def i have than him my losses are the same so is my weapon damage it arent fair.
hidden
Lord of Chickens
ID: 0

Nimras wrote:lol why not just give me the power to destroy a account no matter how big they are with 1 shot then all this is solved??

On a more serouse note:

No i agrea what i hate the most is if someone comes in with a strike just better than mine or alot better he looses nothing i still loose the same ammount.

If it is a small guy who has not that big strike but enough to hurt me he loose a little i loose the same no matter what.

Then why have a defense?? I loose much more attacked than the attacker does no matter how much bigger or lesser def i have than him my losses are the same so is my weapon damage it arent fair.

MOD ABUSE MOD ABUSE CALL THE INQUISITION AND WHERES THAT BRIGADE :lol: :lol: :lol:

now on my own more serious note yup my idea fixes all(pretty good considering it just came to me)

if you have more defence then they have attack their weapons should take A LOT more damage and they should lose A LOT more troops
and of course you should take A LOT less damage and take A LOT less losses

but if your defence if lower then their strike it should work the other way(but not as severe)should be they take less damage and less losses and you take more(but neither should be over the top it should be a reasonable bonus to have a larger attack as well)

so if your defence is low the enemy can destroy you easily and not take to much damage in return but if your defence is higher it should cost thousands and thousands of turns and a hell of a lot of troops and naq

and thats my idea to make defence important and someone else should work out the specifics because that will be better then me saying a lot all the time
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

Attackers Strike Action = Defenders Strike Action ; Both Lose The Same Amount

Attackers Strike Action < Defenders Defense Action ; Attacker Loses X Units Plus The Percent Difference Of Strike Action/Defense Action. So If Attackers Strike Action Is 75% Defenders Defense Action, Attacker Loses X amount + 25% of Original Forces That He Attacked With. EXAMPLE: Attacker Attacks with 75 Billion strike against 100 billion defence. (75/100) *100% = 75%. 100-75 = 25% So Attacker loses X + 25% of original strike action. where x is equal to amount that defender lost.

Attackers Strike Action > Defenders Defense Action Defender Loses X amount Plus an amount equal to the percent difference of his X units lost. So If Attacker Attacks With 150 billion Strike against 100 billion defence, (100B/150B) *100% = 67% 100% - 67% =33%. So Defender Loses X + 33% of X. where x is amount that attacker lost.

This May Sound Confusing. If It Is, Tell Me and I'll Clarify, But this gives a huge advantage to defence without removing the ability to mass. but it could make it very costly. then race bonuses, and technology upgrades can play a part in this as well. but that would no doubt add much more math to the equation.
Last edited by HairyMehoff on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

~Phoenix~ wrote:
Apophis The Great wrote:No game is perfect you'll ALWAYS find problems EVEN console games rated 20/20 by console mags have bad things if you see closer and not necessarly look at 5 years old games from old consoles.

Becuase they are loking for perfection.

A lot people struggle to find a reason to play this game most would quit if it wasnt for friends playing.

I agree..afterall this game has no graphics so only meeting people thru this is nteresting...well maybe game in itself too...but not as much.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Nimras
Forum Addict

HairyMehoff wrote:Attackers Strike Action = Defenders Strike Action ; Both Lose The Same Amount

Attackers Strike Action < Defenders Defense Action ; Attacker Loses X Units Plus The Percent Difference Of Strike Action/Defense Action. So If Attackers Strike Action Is 75% Defenders Defense Action, Attacker Loses X amount + 25% of Original Forces That He Attacked With. EXAMPLE: Attacker Attacks with 75 Billion strike against 100 billion defence. (75/100) *100% = 75%. 100-75 = 25% So Attacker loses X + 25% of original strike action. where x is equal to amount that defender lost.
Attackers Strike Action > Defenders Defense Action Defender Loses X amount Plus an amount equal to the percent difference of his X units lost. So If Attacker Attacks With 150 billion Strike against 100 billion defence, (100B/150B) *100% = 67% 100% - 67% =33%. So Defender Loses X + 33% of X. where x is amount that attacker lost.
This May Sound Confusing. If It Is, Tell Me and I'll Clarify, But this gives a huge advantage to defence without removing the ability to mass. but it could make it very costly. then race bonuses, and technology upgrades can play a part in this as well. but that would no doubt add much more math to the equation.

Just so no one start arcusing me for using my mod powers would you plz change the blue color i cant read your examble what so ever :???
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

HairyMehoff wrote:Attackers Strike Action = Defenders Strike Action ; Both Lose The Same Amount

fixed
Asami Ayano
Forum Irregular

absolutely not.

Imagine a 150bil attack attacking a 10 billion defense. This way, the 10 billion defense person is liable to lose more than his or her combined army through just 1 attack.

You have to factor in the fact that some people in this game are waay stronger than others.

Currently, the attack system is through %, with a cap on the amount of supers you can lose based on %. This way, a 100k army guy can't lose half his army in one hit.
BELISKNER wrote: You sound like a cheap fortune cookie.
What do expensive ones sound like? :?
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

i suppose. i expected there would be flaws in that idea. lol
Nimras
Forum Addict

I have one the big players loose 50% of their mercs, supers, normal units and weapont when they strike you must have a army size over 100mill to be considered big player lol. that way we small players stand a chance??

Hmm dont know how you could do it so it was more fair for the poor def guys to fight out there and not get sloughtered like they where nothing but something should be done.
Asami Ayano
Forum Irregular

:? .... then what is the point of having a big army...

we already have plague and other restrictions.
Everyone has the chance to be big, why hinder that?
With effort, even you Nimras, can have over 100mil army.

Anyways, 100mil is smallish now :P
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

make "classes" based on size. that way players wit certain size ranges compete against people who are similar to them? kind of like college athletics
Asami Ayano
Forum Irregular

we already have them. You can find the classes right around your UP area.

seriously, but the good raid farms are all low ranked, you really shouldn't take that away.

Also, people with small army sizes have been able to make a big impact. It all depends on what you do with your army.
HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

rly? i haven't noticed that. the only thing i knew of was you cant raid below 10X ur rank. which rly isnt such a big deal
hidden
Lord of Chickens

well the 10+ below your rank just means untrain spys for 10 seconds until turn change then train then again and 30 minutes of raiding mayhem mayhem mayhem

now Asami Ayano you make a good point

so HairyMehoff you should make a few adjustments make it so when a larger attack hits a smaller defence the smaller defence doesn't take anymore losses or weapon damage then they currently do but the main point should be so the larger attack takes less losses and less weapon damage then they normally would

because larger players should be more privileged you shouldn't penalize them for having a better account that way they wont take unimaginable losses when attacking smaller players

and don't forget to add in weapon damage cause thats important and can be extremely costly

now about your defence>attack i think the attack losses should be less because like i said dont hurt the big people now remember larger then it is now but not as large as you made it(accidental hits shouldn't cost that much) but dont forget to also up the weapon damage the attacker takes it should be more then it is currently

but the main part is that the defender should take less losses when the attacker is smaller they should take less losses AND less weapon damage so it becomes harder to mass them and remember the way the attacker gets hurt this way is that if they accidentally hit a larger defence they will take more losses but not unimaginable ones but their losses will come from how much they loss by massing because it will take far far longer and the amount of attacks they have to do is why they will loss so much

tell me if you cant understand my rambling and ill try again

but if you do understand can you fix it up and put it in suggestions because it really is a good idea
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Sailinsun
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 96579

Brdavs wrote:There are some valid points there, but he`s a bit on the dramatic side heh...

hmmm..

Return to “StarGateWars General”