~~~~JACKS POST~~~~~~

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

Remove Jack from being a Mod?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 50
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Re: ~~~~JACKS POST~~~~~~

you should get warnings and once you have 3 you will get a ban.

I dont care what people say calling someone an idiot is an insult.

id·i·ot (d-t)
n.
1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

to call someone that you are insulting their intelligence and as such insulting them...

but to be honest Jack has been promoting the removal of lots of things from the word filter... why you may ask?

Isn't it obvious? its so when he writes a post he doesn't have 2-3 filtered out words in them...
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Smoosh, you pathetic excuse for an admin.

you say we should cut some slack to Jack while you removed two of the most dedicated mods for disagreeing and me for being emotional (=being human being).

You favour your friends above decent mods.

You make decisions as dictator when they fit you.

You removed Therook because he dared to challenge you.

Jack played victim (wasn't it him who accussed ME of playing victim, when things weren't my way? Isn't he now doing the same?)

I hope nobody will cut you and your underlings ANY more slacks. Because you deserve none and you deserve to be kicked out of this mod team, so someone FAIR and RESPECTFUL, and UNBIASED may give this forum AND community the care it needs.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:Smoosh, you pathetic excuse for an admin.

you say we should cut some slack to Jack while you removed two of the most dedicated mods for disagreeing and me for being emotional (=being human being).

You favour your friends above decent mods.

You make decisions as dictator when they fit you.

You removed Therook because he dared to challenge you.

Jack played victim (wasn't it him who accussed ME of playing victim, when things weren't my way? Isn't he now doing the same?)

I hope nobody will cut you and your underlings ANY more slacks. Because you deserve none and you deserve to be kicked out of this mod team, so someone FAIR and RESPECTFUL, and UNBIASED may give this forum AND community the care it needs.

Teal'auc

I agree, the decission is bias, like I said it would be cutting slack if jack made this kind of mistake once possibly twice, but he has done this several times, as user, obmudsman and as a super mod.
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Smoosh is an idiot...

:shock:

Spoiler
TheRook
Forum Addict

dastupy wrote:Smoosh is an *****...

Even if I dont agree with the guy you shouldn't insult people.

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

TheRook wrote:
dastupy wrote:Smoosh is an *****...

Even if I dont agree with the guy you shouldn't insult people.

TheRook

I just want to show Smoosh and Jack how it feels to be called an idiot.
and sorry TheRook

Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

TheRook wrote:you should get warnings and once you have 3 you will get a ban.

id·i·ot (d-t)
n.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

to call someone that you are insulting their intelligence and as such insulting them...

but to be honest Jack has been promoting the removal of lots of things from the word filter... why you may ask?

Isn't it obvious? its so when he writes a post he doesn't have 2-3 filtered out words in them...

To me, saying to someone who did racial slur, the first definition of being an idiot we see here, is 100% accurate.
But I guess I'm the only one to have a "scale" of rudeness words/actions to differenciate racial slur and telling the racist he's an idiot (first definition). :?
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds
ID: 0

jack called aga an idiot omg omg some1 might die call the cops i mean he didnt impersonate any1 like dadigi did y arent we trying to get them removed isnt impersonating bigger then calling some1 an idiot how about trying to et the mods involved in the prank removed because there were some involved

and y does it matter he called some1 an idiot who is an idiot

and how long was fs a mod after impersonating some1
Last edited by Almost38 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Legendary Apophis wrote:
TheRook wrote:you should get warnings and once you have 3 you will get a ban.

id·i·ot (d-t)
n.

To me, saying to someone who did racial slur, the first definition of being an idiot we see here, is 100% accurate.
But I guess I'm the only one to have a "scale" of rudeness words/actions to differenciate racial slur and telling the racist he's an idiot. :?

lets use our sense here, 2 wrongs do not equal a right. Yes AGA was wrong, yes Jack was wrong. But out of the two, Jack is more in the wrong because he is a leader of the community and therefore should lead by example...
TheRook
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:To me, saying to someone who did racial slur, the first definition of being an idiot we see here, is 100% accurate.
But I guess I'm the only one to have a "scale" of rudeness words/actions to differenciate racial slur and telling the racist he's an idiot. :?

I wholeheartedly agree racism, sexism etc is absolutely rediculous and should not be allowed onthis forum and they aren't which is why he got a warning.

The problem is that he used his mod powers inappropriately even if you think the user deserves it or doesn't. You should not abuse your mod powers especially to then break the rules.

Your "scale" of rudeness doesn't technically apply since there are written rules which apply to forum users and mods alike.

If he had posted in that thread and told him he was being an idiotic racist and still warned him it probably wouldn't have caused the problem. The problem is that he editted the forum user's post (rather than putting <mod edit>) he used it as an opportunity to humiliate/insult the forum user.

TheRook
(I have replaced AGA with forum user so that people who have a dislike for AGA will try to approach it from a different angle rather than HAHAHAHAHA AGA got what he deserved)

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

To me not. I rest my case.
If Jack said real rude words, I'd not say the same and think otherwise.
But idiot from a mod to the racist one VS "as stupid as average black guy" from forum member, the second gets the "award" of who's worse between both of them.
As I said, for me, there's a "scale" of rudeness. I always worked this way and won't change my mind with this issue, you can be sure of it! :D

@ TheRook, some valid points, but I think Jack wanted to teach him a lesson. Humiliation? That's what racial slur deserves. People must learn there are things that are unacceptable both HERE and OUTSIDE of forums.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

smooshable says:
you're a misserable excuse for a human being who is selfish and full of herself and i want nothing more to do with you ever

yeah yeah, that's what you get when you disagree with Smooshable. Apparently, when i called him biased excuse for forum admin, i am miserable excuse for living being. Wow.

And this person is forum admin.

Teal'auc
Last edited by Teal'auc of the Void on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Sephiroth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Spartan Group Omega
Race: Project MJOLNIR
ID: 117

For the mods who lost their position. There is a such thing called loyalty. If your a mod you should ally with the mods. Tell the one he did wrong, and deal with it. But back your fellow mods when they make a decision whether you like it or not. Its not your decision to make, you just get to agree. Betray your friends and expect to get booted.

xXxHonourxXx
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Almost38 wrote:jack called aga an idiot omg omg some1 might die call the cops i mean he didnt impersonate any1 like dadigi did y arent we trying to get them removed isnt impersonating bigger then calling some1 an idiot how about trying to et the mods involved in the prank removed because there were some involved

and y does it matter he called some1 an idiot who is an idiot

and how long was fs a mod after impersonating some1

Actually if you read the thread its not that he called AGA a idiot but that way it was done so it looked like AGA said it him self even tho we also saw Jack edited it to be like that AKA abuse of mod power.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:@ TheRook, some valid points, but I think Jack wanted to teach him a lesson. Humiliation? That's what racial slur deserves. People must learn there are things that are unacceptable both HERE and OUTSIDE of forums.

that is what a racial slur deserves... but it shouldn't be done by a mod as they are purely modding to make sure users adhere to the forum rules not to humiliate people if they deserve it or not...

which is why <mod edit> should have been used along with the warning issued.

TheRook

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”