SGW Generations

Forum for all general ingame discussion.

Which Age did you come in?

Age of Strife
27%
Age of Enlightenment and Piracy
24%
Age of Expansion
15%
Age of Blood
15%
Age of Balancing and Expansion
10%
Age of War
2%
Age of Eternity
5%
Age of Infinity
No votes
Age of Apocalypse
No votes
Age of Oblivion
No votes
Age of Entropy
2%

Total votes: 41
facepie
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Magnificents
ID: 10526

Re: SGW Generations

Semper wrote:@Vendetta...yeah I remember saving up for that. 400mill was still quite a bit at that time. Now any Newbie can get their hands on one.

ahh taht was fun, i recall selling all my weapons for the 400mil naq :lol:

Centauri Prime wrote:
Semper wrote:
Centauri Prime wrote:Motherships came out in October of 2005 as this thread attests:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8686

Got mine on the first day :)

*wipes Centauri under the carpet after patting it on the head*

sorry, where were we there Lore? :-D

*gets back into role play mode..*

lol tis the truth though :P

Late Summer-Fall 05 was a good time, ascension and motherships in short order. So many fun updates :)

lol, i remember asking people how they got the shiny red nick names under their names, and nobody would give a noobie a straight answer that a noobie would understand :(
.:VOID:. wrote:
facepie wrote:ahh the good ol days *day dreams*
you used to love killing clones of mine, yet theres no "oh hi soulless... how are you?" :x
~soul
Facepie - 10526
You can't Eat the Pie without the Face
Divine Seion
Forum Newbie

Aug 29, 2005
Ascension Update

Hello, - This update is coming before the update, in response to many rumours and likely 1/2 truths, and some outright false information :)
Ascension approaches - It should be done for the 1st, give or take a day or 2... Minimally, the "cost" and details of ascension will be live for the 1st.
The basics are as follows:
Everything in your realm adds to your "ascension power" which coverts to "ascension power points" that you then take into your ascended account. These 'power points' are convertable to upgrades in the ascended realm...-now - you ask - what can you upgrade?
In the ascended realm, you have your own ascended self, with 10 stats ranging from strength, to life force, to life force growth and recovery speed, and so on...
You will also have control over a large 'physical realm'. This has attack, defence, covert and assassin abilities. These, too, are upgradable.
The realm can grow and get more powerful, so the 'ascension points' are really a running start and not (necessarily) an advantage that will always remain -- just as the person in the top 10 now, may not always be in the top 10 most powerful lords...
A bit more on the gameplay in ascension.... - you can fight realms just like in the current servers, although with a few more options.
Likewise, when you 'defeat' a realm such that it has no defences left, you can then attack the master of the realm (the 'self' ascended being in control of the realm). Be warned, though, that simply being able to win a physical battle does not guarantee being able to beat the ascended being, since that is a "one on one" fight between you and them. The armies of the physical plane can only take you so far....and then the fight moves to the ascended plane...

Your current realm in this plane will survive, but without any of the 'stuff' it had before you will have used all your 'stuff' to ascend. This means your untrained, weapons, covert levels, ops, Naq, mercs, and so on and so on, all contribute to your ascended power, and nothing of them remains. Your realm stays, but 'resets' to such a state that you are like a new player (although Supporter Status -ie the ability to transfer resources - will remain.) On the bright side, we will not leave you laying naked in a field on a foreign planet with no memories :)
Additionally - ascending is an OPTION. You can choose when and if to ascend -- there will be no automated forcing of ascension.

The rest I will leave for discovery...the message here is simply that everything you do in this realm can and will help you in your ascension, and that ascension itself is not a rumour :)

I also apologize for the slowness in my responses on the forums and mail over the last few days...I have been quite busy working on the next level of gameplay, and will continue to be for the next few days...

Thank you for your understanding :)
- admin.

Oct 11, 2005
MotherShips

A 'live beta' version of motherships has been released. The way they work is: A mothership must be purchased. Then, it must have shield and weapon capacity added. Then, it can be outfitted with weapons and shields.
A mothership can only be damaged by another mothership. A mothership attack must get by the defending mothership shields (destroying some shields in the process). If it has any attack left, it will then target the enemy mothership weapons (destroying some of them too - weapons are easier to destroy than shields...).
If it still has attack left, it will then assist the ground troops, up to a maximum of the total ground troop attack power (or defence power if defending).
So - in effect - a mothership can double the attack or defence power of the troops on its side.
Motherships do not add to 'raw' attack or defence power or rank, but have a rank of their own, which is determined by attack plus defence power combined.

May 30, 2005
Mothership Hangers, 'Fleets' for the Hangers, Planets, Exploring for planets with Motherships, and Fleets able to attack other solar systems planets.
Yup - quite a mouthful. The above basicly outlines how everything is related,but here is each item in a bit of detail, until it all gets put into the game guide.
Getting Planets
Planets can be found by exploring with your mothership, or battled for. Exploring takes 24 hours, in which time your mothership will not fight with you. They may or may not find a suitable planet...it takes about 40 or more sightings to get one planet at this point in time (read your mail when the ship returns). Fighting for one is instant, but relies solely on your 'fleets' to defeat the planets defences. As you can see, you cannot get a planet without a mothership.
What does a planet do?
Planets have defences that can be built upon them to protect them (and destroy enemy fleets), as well as at least one (and at most one right now) productivity gain. It might be attack, defence, UP, income or covert. This is 'tacked on' to your appropriate scores, does not get bonuses based on race or such, and 'what you see is what you get'. The addition is a raw number, not a percent of anything else. Some items are limited based on planet size, which is also upgradable at an increasing cost. You can have 10 planets.
Fleets and Hangers
A fleet travels in your mothership. Each fleet needs a hanger. Hangers cost increasingly more to build, while fleet costs are static. When the fleet is not in use, it is kept and repaired in your armory with other weapons but does not need a unit to be used,etc as they are remotely controlled from the mothership. A fleet is the ONLY thing that can attack a planet. A fleet also adds to your mothership ATTACK only, but unlike traditional mothership weapons and shields, is damaged like unit weapons are.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Such a good year :)
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Strife
Death is the Road to Awe

unification
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: EPA
Race: Living God of the AJ
ID: 36256

Age of Enlightenment and Piracy
id=36256
pistachio
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Reapers Shadow
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

AquaX wrote:joined in age of apocalypse but didnt actually play actively til expansion

yeah, i stopped for a bit, but im up and goin agen
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

June of 2005, therefore, Age of Strife...right near the end though...

:D

I may not always be active, nor may I ever be powerful enough to be noteworthy...

But I shall be eternal... :wink:
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

I remember you, nice to see another oldie around :)
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

:o

Hello there Mathlord!
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

august 05 for me, well thats when i created the account, didnt play until late september early october.

if i hadnt met steve (reaperman) and mike (batista) i probably wouldnt have stuck it out or bothered to learn how to play.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

feb 05 :P 12 days after the game was released if i remember correctly :-D
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

june 2005
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
Kalkin
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ascended Generation
ID: 10351

12 March 05.

BTW judging from ID from what era this ID 80251 would have come.
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

it's hard to tell with Ijust ID's unless you know someone with a similar ID and they can check with thier link.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Kalkin wrote:12 March 05.

BTW judging from ID from what era this ID 80251 would have come.

You can always check the sgw calc:

http://arvystate.net/calc2/main.php?module=3

Enter the recruitment link of that id on that page, and you'll get your start date.
Spoiler

---

Return to “StarGateWars General”