Sex before Sacrament

Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator
ID: 0

Re: Sex before Sacrament

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Thriller quotes "sexual immorality" several times,
over fornication, which is much more specific, and quoted by Femme...
without being able to tell us, in context of time, culture, or language what that means. :-k

Personally, I'm not into the bible or religion...

I do what I think is right because I think it is right,

and I do what I think is wrong because I give into what my conscience says is temptation.

I have never based any of my decisions, so far as I can recall, solely on what is in the bible...

aside from perhaps agreeing that the text is correct in its logic and reasoning.
8)

You need to check again because i only did (just that) about half a dozen times.

the word used originally in the koin the greek is proneia
the word used in the hebrew is loi'tinaf

Greeks didn't beleive sex outside of marriage was wrong.
The Hebrew word refers to cheating on your spouse(which is also a sin to the greeks)

fornication came out of a latin translation of these original texts. which originally refered again to cheating on your spouse.

When the Roman's adoptd the chirstian religion they came up with ways of transposing there old customs into the new religeon. You really need to look up the histories on ideas such as original sin, holy war, and Papal authority. These ideas are not layd out clearly within the text but have taken on Canonical following because church authorities just decided they would be a good idea.

I think of it as putting words in God's mouth.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Eelyzabth wrote:i'm not going to argue the point, just going to throw this in there:

the bible was not written by God, it was written by people claiming to have heard God, most people who Claim to have heard God these days, end up in straight jackets...

I am just saying i wouldn't go around believing the world was a disc on the back of 4 elephants riding on a giant turtle just cos some guy wrote it down, so why believe that you have to mearried to someone for sex not to be sinful, why even think it is sinful at all? Sex is amazing, or can be with the right person, what if you marry someone and the sex is really bad? you should live life with terrible sex? you wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without trying them on would you? and why make sex so good if we weren't meant to want it and enjoy it? thats like saying chocolate is evil and only married people are allowed it... its like entrapment or something.

=D> =D> =D>
Ghoul
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ghoul
ID: 1977000

Thriller wrote:where does it forbid sex before marriage in that quote? i must be missing something.
Every Sin in the bible is written out quite clearly.

Fornication means sex outside of marriage ;)
The forces of Ghoul's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out spletstesser's Undercover Agents!.....With 156,771,387,021 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1360922 of spletstesser's Undercover Agents!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

First off, Bump.

secondly:
Mister Sandman wrote:On sex out of marriage:

Exodus 22:16 "And if a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged, and lies with her, he must pay a dowry for her to be his wife."

Thriller wrote:Also It is true that there was a trandition that followed back in ancient Jew time concerning marrying the women you slept with. The male was obliged to accept marriage if the women or the women's father insisted upon it. If neither one them wanted the union though, the male was not obliged to marry her.

you mention this, but unless it's in the bible(ie, you must provide reference/verse), you have yet to prove the bible does have said exception.

also, following the theory that the New testament is the completed form of the old:

Mister Sandman wrote:[spoiler=1 Corinthians 7 :9]9But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.[/spoiler]

Sex with a virgin = marriage.
if they cannot contain said passions, they marry, so that they don't burn.

also In before "read whole thread". is done already.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”