Feeding Solution

shoud we add this enhancement ot limit feeding?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:07 am

yes
86%
no
No votes
yes, but depends on the xx yy values
14%
a solution, yes, but not this one (see my post below)
No votes

Total votes: 7
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: Feeding Solution

this actually makes it more fair for newer accounts, and such. they get the same (max) income from a farm, and yes, their cost to farm may be less.
makes it at least thinkable that they can catch up slowly :) The 4-5 mil may make sense for you, but others may find lower pop realms worthwhile...

as for ascending - everyone does... to a point. simply being in the realm grants certain insight and eventual ascension of realm...so farms too grow with time :)

The eventual goal, here, is to make more people feel they have a chance (even if they do not have 20 'friends' feeding them) so more will play... its gotta start somewhere!

Deerslayer wrote:no reason to farm inactives anymore, or anyone with an army of less then say 4-5mil....should slow growth down a bit. This will also make it so everyone gets the same amount of naq per hit if farming inactives....fair? idk

All inactive accounts need to ascend every 2 weeks or so. this way their income goes up so it gives noobs a chance to farm better...the 10-20 actives that have been playing hard have an advantage and the others have no way to catch up.
Don't make me use this!!!
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

sounds good
It is, what it is......
muzica
Forum Newbie
Race: Three-legged
ID: 0

Forum wrote:ok not sure if you hit before i fixed a calculation error...

I probably did just that. During that time I noticed it halved usual naq hits on the galactic attack logs, only wasted a few ATs anyhow.

Forum wrote:Rorschach was a funny one -he had 30k units, but a UP of at least 10x that. I have altered the 'max' calculation to be total units, or 10 days UP, whichever is more...

good for dealing with ascensions :)

Thanks for making quantum a better place =D>
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

This update is really seems...odd
Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

odd as in confusing? or odd as you don't like it.
Seems odd that you wouldn't like it, being that you are one of the most vocal complainers against feeding (as well as the most fed) and this effectively limits feeding albeit not completely removing it. Wasn't that what you were hoping for? is a fix that would stop people from feeding?

you who was trading main resources for quantum resources (breaking the rules) to make a point about something frowned upon but not against the rules?
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

thanks jason for your time and efforts

-EnVy out-
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
buttercutter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: None
Race: System Wookie

EnVy! wrote:thanks jason for your time and efforts

-EnVy out-

+ 1 on previous mention. :-)
SILENCE, I KILL YYYYOOOOOUUUUUU!!!

Remebers, I R Legendary (Ineffably Awesome) One
J00000 Isn't!

Doing it all for the Lulz

3.226Bil UU raided...Epic Yeeeooow!!!
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

Feri wrote:odd as in confusing? or odd as you don't like it.
Seems odd that you wouldn't like it, being that you are one of the most vocal complainers against feeding (as well as the most fed) and this effectively limits feeding albeit not completely removing it. Wasn't that what you were hoping for? is a fix that would stop people from feeding?

you who was trading main resources for quantum resources (breaking the rules) to make a point about something frowned upon but not against the rules?

Comon mate..
You have been feed more than me..Just before updates came you got an extra 10t + :razz:
Not too mention some people did tell me you paid 2trillion gatewars naq per 1,000 attack turns farmed on quantum... ;)
[-X

Anyone who has been feed is as bad as any other person whether or not the amount was bigger.
Feri
Forum Regular

I'm on vacation in main I have not paid anyone anything for anything involving main resources.

and again don't change the subject. I have never complained about feeding and I have no issue with it.
so don't ignore my point and try to make it about me. and until you started feeding I had not been fed at all, I did it because it was necessary.
if you have an issue with my gameplay then say so or do it better or do something about it.

my point is that you complain and then you do it and then complain when its changed, I have not complained about anything and if admin says feeding is bad and fixes it then I am all for that.
I eat your spies
Spoiler

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

well - now its been out for a day, how do you find it affecting play?
how bout that minor clone update? making better farms of them if you can wipe their weapons?
Feri
Forum Regular

While I understand the intent to kill the feeding there were several sniping hits that I attempted on people who had larger amounts of naq out and I was unable to farm the naq off them because of the need anti feeding measures. a crappy tradeoff since I have managed to get some nice snipe hits recently (such as a 3T hit the other day off someone farming) that are no longer possible.

doesn't seem to be affecting that much other than that tho.

as far as the clones havn't really noticed a difference but theres maybe a few people more farming them.
nobody is going to spend turns massing clones when there are just more of them I would think tho.

There are definitally less clones being formed now that the clones themselves are not being cloned and it can be quite difficult to attain rank 1 even for me who the clones are based off of.

would you consider still cloning whoever the top ranked real player is even if not rank 1? or is the intent to drastically reduce the number of clones
because at most I figure you may see 3-10 new clones a week with the new updates.

edit:
not sure if was already this way or not but noticed that clones are forming off top ranked player regardless of if its 1 or not.

second edit:

nother suggestion would be to add a min hit amount say 150b or something and raising 50b each week.. as it stands right now it doesn't seem you can even hit inactives for all their naq with 15AT. If you could make it so it didn't interfere with inactive farming that would be an improvement without affecting the feeding significantly I'd think
I eat your spies
Spoiler

Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

I second that, would only take a min to see what ppl are farming inactives for and change the min hit weekly.
It is, what it is......
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

fair point.
Deerslayer wrote:I second that, would only take a min to see what ppl are farming inactives for and change the min hit weekly.
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

Forum wrote:fair point.
Deerslayer wrote:I second that, would only take a min to see what ppl are farming inactives for and change the min hit weekly.

congrats for the try
maybe next wave will be fun without to see 80% of q players having feeders
still i have no doubt some of big FEEDs like feri and hippyfool will play few days with feeders and will have good armies and they will be back where we was
still the best way was just ban them
where are old good days where u could play 70-89 days before "feeders" appeares
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

the only reason I say this is because I am still farming inactives and they have 250bil out...yet I'm only getting 175bil....starting to piss me off. Maybe we could take percentage up about 20%.
It is, what it is......

Return to “General”