Ascended Updates/Suggestions: General Discussion

Suggest any improvements
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: So what is the problem?

it ll be fun playing that server if God Quest doesnt show yr main account so only when u are descended it affects yr main by removing bonus and adding new tag.

Good Quest in fact is used to threat yr main if u farm.

also if its one week then it covered 95$ by PPT combos (another issue)

i ve always been PRO having the option to descend ppl but just doubling twice TOC isnt the fix.

however WHISPERS did this job
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
renegadze
Forum Elite

Jorgensen wrote:I agree that if you log on every 12 hours you should be able to save yourself from descension.

The descension should be able to get inactive players, not active players even if they are weaker.

Also 14 days without ascended powers are imo to long, you are dead in the water if you get descended and then massed on main.

Make it one week and the descended person can get back after a week to fight.
The way it is now, you descend someone in a war and he/she is out. can't make anything real happen with out burning his/hers account.

Then don't get descended...simple!

sorry there is no perg on the ascended server for people to hide and build their account
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Tekki wrote:At the moment there seems to me a number of different opinions about what the issue with ascended is.

Some people think it's activity, some people think it's descendability and others think the server is just broken in the first place. I think it's a bit of a combination in that it's impossible to descend some people and that it's easier to build your ascended defences and not the strikes. Defences against descension are a lot cheaper than the ability to descend so it's simply a matter of logging in, building some of the defence stats and then not logging in for a few days to repeat and once you get to particular levels then you just are impossible for most of the server to descend.

Of course there is the other problem then of some people just not being descendable because their over all stats are too good. While they deserve some kudos for working on the stats, the catch up point is years in the future and even then they still won't be descendable. To descend someone you have to have a FAR bigger TOC than their defences and given the exponential nature of the costs that is just not going to happen.

Now why should anyone be not descendable? In my opinion, every ascended being needs to be descendable, regardless of their stats. The other problem, in my opinion is that some people just aren't active and aren't interested in being active.

I've got a couple of suggestions for solutions, but I want to see what other people think is the problem before I suggest what I think would be a workable solution. So suggest what you think the problem is and perhaps what you think would be the best solution - or an idea about how to solve what you think is the problem :D

Tekki, honestly... these udpates doen past few months are temporary like all those in past. Double TOC and now again doubled... will last till players will boost theyr lvls again. Than what? Another doubling?

Now, why only those who aare live in discussions are informed about udpates since the other players not?

Ingame the shown TOC stayed the same, but the effet is double if used... no anouncement on forums, no highlight ingame.

I like most ascedned updates, but all are temporary, since players are not stupid and will work hard to protect accounts.... oh well... but keeping all tehse talks so hidden... and than just throw update alive.

How can you fight for these kinds of updates realy? If player will be able to loose ascended bonus in like 6 hours or 9 hours... cmon, ppl kept ascenmding months long, and now some boosted accounts with some overpowered updates will wipe those.

Put there some boards and some smart ideas, not just blind shooting for double double double double TOCs
RETURN of the P I R A T E
DeathIncarnator
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅÅE

Well there isnt a problem as far as I can see.

With the exception of times where I am away on holiday I log in and farm ever day.
It doesnt take long. My farm list is a whole 7 ....yes SEVEN big.
My turns usually fill up to 2k when I am away from keyboard.

So why am I saying this ?

Well because I have worked on my ascended account and now a few people are whining and windging and want changes because some have more powerfull accounts. Well just stop moaning, it is what it is so get over it! An analogy:- Its like two people on the same money one who saves regularly and the other who doesnt. They then compare the size of their savings and interest earned and the one who hasn`t saved regularly starts bleating about how much more the other has. Those who chose for whatever reasons not to play Ascended Server as much as SGW Main
now have the audacity to contrive to screw around with current Ascended gameplay.
And just because someone has an idea or notion doesnt mean that things need to be changed, I would rather ask why they proposed such changes, and wonder if they are doing it for altruistic purposes or just to give them and their own alliances some edge or something for nothing.

Extract from my logs:-
06/07/2009 10:22:56 Total Offensive Capacity 169,747,674
06/07/2009 11:21:36 Energy Attack Power Level This is a measure of the pure strength of your personal attack capacity. 680 Energy Attack Skill This is a measure of your skill at weilding your raw attack power. 680
06/07/2009 Maximum Natural Energy Capacity 605

As you can see my TOC was low.

I started buiding my ascended after that and a year and a bit later I have a pretty reasonable account, and all done by logging in and farming my 7 farms on a daily basis.
It really is as simple as that.
If it isn`t broken dont fix it.

Thanks to Norbe for the sig.
You rock!
I like REK
DeathIncarnator TÅÅE I walk among you.

Bebita wrote this and it made me laugh out loud so thanks for that Bebita. :)
"fun :)
there is nothing more funny then the clones
u should go to holywood" :)

Lithium
Forum Zombie

its not about whos been working that server more and building up the account its about how the update was rolled out.

It was released without any official Information of the community via Forum. It doubled the TOC without showing how it is calculated , where it is based , what is his benefit , how this update will increase the activity of the server and FIX the updates long time missed.
Prior to this update , some 2-3 weeks we saw an increasing demand of DMU in market so figure out by your self that some knew about. I dont blame them for being able to join IRC meets but who cant for Time Zone issues or Life should also be aware.

This is the seconf time in 3-4 months that Toc is being doubled , this isnt the smartest Update to make descending a power full weapon , what if in 3 months a lot actives are un descendable again are we going to ask to be doubled????

what about the rest of the server that can be desc quite easily because they couldnt farm as the proclaimed actives???

what about THREATS of massing the main account for just a DMU hit that clearly gives a huge advantage ????

this update is unfair because its not calculated of the level cost but just doubled.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

DeathIncarnator wrote:Well there isnt a problem as far as I can see.

With the exception of times where I am away on holiday I log in and farm ever day.
It doesnt take long. My farm list is a whole 7 ....yes SEVEN big.
My turns usually fill up to 2k when I am away from keyboard.

So why am I saying this ?

Well because I have worked on my ascended account and now a few people are whining and windging and want changes because some have more powerfull accounts. Well just stop moaning, it is what it is so get over it! An analogy:- Its like two people on the same money one who saves regularly and the other who doesnt. They then compare the size of their savings and interest earned and the one who hasn`t saved regularly starts bleating about how much more the other has. Those who chose for whatever reasons not to play Ascended Server as much as SGW Main
now have the audacity to contrive to screw around with current Ascended gameplay.
And just because someone has an idea or notion doesnt mean that things need to be changed, I would rather ask why they proposed such changes, and wonder if they are doing it for altruistic purposes or just to give them and their own alliances some edge or something for nothing.

Extract from my logs:-
06/07/2009 10:22:56 Total Offensive Capacity 169,747,674
06/07/2009 11:21:36 Energy Attack Power Level This is a measure of the pure strength of your personal attack capacity. 680 Energy Attack Skill This is a measure of your skill at weilding your raw attack power. 680
06/07/2009 Maximum Natural Energy Capacity 605

As you can see my TOC was low.

I started buiding my ascended after that and a year and a bit later I have a pretty reasonable account, and all done by logging in and farming my 7 farms on a daily basis.
It really is as simple as that.
If it isn`t broken dont fix it.

I dont see anyone whining about anything..I would call you a rash of names for posting that but I wont..is a discussion thread regarding the changes made without discussion.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
EbilCC
Forum Addict

C2 if someone spends months ascending that means they have months on the ascended server to make sure there account doesnt get decended its there own fault if they dont really they have chocie to be ascended and can play ascended or not

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Lithium
Forum Zombie

CCexy wrote:C2 if someone spends months ascending that means they have months on the ascended server to make sure there account doesnt get decended its there own fault if they dont really they have chocie to be ascended and can play ascended or not

what makes u think u are safe? dont start pointless arguments and if u wana explain why this update is required then show me since u too good in that server, at least ill learn smth new after playing it 4 years
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
EbilCC
Forum Addict

:-k whos arguing aou haves i told tekki if you speed ascend you have 46 weeks on ascended server

take into account fact it will take new players time to ascend (before so many bought accounts) and that not everyone speed ascends there is well over a year at unknown to be on ascended playing :smt017

an update is required people disagree over what but If Im not safe show me :smt117

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon

renegadze wrote:
Jorgensen wrote:I agree that if you log on every 12 hours you should be able to save yourself from descension.

The descension should be able to get inactive players, not active players even if they are weaker.

Also 14 days without ascended powers are imo to long, you are dead in the water if you get descended and then massed on main.

Make it one week and the descended person can get back after a week to fight.
The way it is now, you descend someone in a war and he/she is out. can't make anything real happen with out burning his/hers account.

Then don't get descended...simple!

sorry there is no perg on the ascended server for people to hide and build their account

Thanks for the tip :-D

PPT on ascended might be a good idea?

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
Tekki
Forum Addict

Robe wrote:
Borek wrote:it's true you can get "OK" in 6 months, i did it myself, but since the changes came in and people have been playing/farming a bit more it has been noticeably harder to do. Also worth noting that "OK" is not "Good" nor is it even close to Good.

So whats your point Borek?
Are you seriously suggesting that players who put little into their accounts should get great results?
It's still considerably easier to build a good or great account in ascended than it is in main.

The changes have finally made it possible to descend inactive accounts.
Active accounts still can't be be descended - All you have to do is log in to transfer life force.

No, what he's saying is that no matter how hard you work at it, you don't get to great in 6 months which is what a number of people have said. You get to okay by working but you can never catch up to the great in anything less than 2 years. And that's not 10 mins a day farming, that's constant watching for the best DMU hits.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:
Tekki wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

I would like to see ascended accounts that aren't linked to a main removed, not fair they can hit/decend ppl with no fear for their main based account..

btw what is this new update ppl are going on about?

So Femme, you have the following stats, or something close to it:

2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

If the answer is no, then you ain't caught up.

I honestly do not think most of the people here realize how big some of the big accounts are. Don't think that an account with 1.3b TOC is a decent one. It's NOT.

no its not near the top range yet but my account is highly undecendable (according to the hungarian cal)... and that's my main concern.

Then say that's what you meant. You did not mean you had 'caught up' just that you thought you were near undescendable. Becuase you know as well as I do that you can't catch up.

Angelis~ wrote:Snipped - Since I already advocated the upping of the time to be descended it's a good idea :P 3 or 4 hours betwen hits should remove the inactives.

Turns. There are a limited amount of turns gain in ascended while also being capped at 2k. Currently right now the lower in rank you sit the more turns you generate allowing for more farming, massing, DMing, etc The downside is that the planets you have trained as "super" planets ie the untrainable ones can be completely destroyed at no cost to the attacker.

Rough scale of turn generation based on rank:
900 gives 3
1600 gives 5
2300 gives 7
3000 gives 9
3800 gives 11
4000 + gives 13
5000 + gives 15

Exact ranges I do not know. My guess is as good as anyone's guess on that.

Anyways, the whole point of that was to give new players who are ranked low more turns to play until they increased in rank and experience. Right now a good portion of the active players sit in the low ranks to generate more turns to play with. Call it sniping; call it whatever you will. The more turns people generate the more they can play.

This is just a suggestion as it just clicked and I'm too tired to put to much thought into it so if its ridiculous then just ignore me. What if after a certain amount of time say the 60 days of protection or 3 months or whatever the turn generation is reversed? Meaning the higher ranked you are the more turns you generate. If people wanted to play hard they would require stats so those that wanted to sit with nothing ie snipers, would generate the minimum turns.

I honestly don't know if that would work or not... I'm just throwing it out there.

There's a development server for ascended. Call it a beta ascended. Anyways, I would suggest Admin Jason using it instead of implementing updates directly into ascended. Have players test them out and provide input so said updates could be balanced before going live.

I'm tired. Goodnight everyone, I'm off.

Edit. Could you add commas to the recons? I dont know how many times I've hit someone for dmu when I thought there was more there then what it said. lol

That's an interesting suggestion and would certainly advocate the proper playing - where proper means have stats and have CER. Need to think about it a bit more though to understand it and the consequences.

Angelis~ wrote:
Tekki wrote:2billion CER
2billion TOC
and 1500 physical stats?

Hell, I only have one of those.

Yet those are what the top accounts are.

Angelis~ wrote:
Norbe wrote:Also a suggestion of my own - hunt assassins is incorrectly balanced compared to the assassin abilities. You can DM and DI 95% of someone's account with only a few turns, but the kill ratio for hunting is so low that you use all your turns and people phase before you kill enough imo.

~Norbe~

Agreed.

Also DM/DI may be to powerful as well. I mean you can flat out destroy all the enemies planets in 30 hits (270 turns for DM / 450 turns for DI). Your phased after 30 hits.
[/quote]

So what would the suggestion be to up the Hunt Assassin Ratio since technically it also destroys the defence worlds... which if the person is a sniper, isn't likely to be many worlds.

caesar2 wrote:
Tekki wrote:At the moment there seems to me a number of different opinions about what the issue with ascended is.

Some people think it's activity, some people think it's descendability and others think the server is just broken in the first place. I think it's a bit of a combination in that it's impossible to descend some people and that it's easier to build your ascended defences and not the strikes. Defences against descension are a lot cheaper than the ability to descend so it's simply a matter of logging in, building some of the defence stats and then not logging in for a few days to repeat and once you get to particular levels then you just are impossible for most of the server to descend.

Of course there is the other problem then of some people just not being descendable because their over all stats are too good. While they deserve some kudos for working on the stats, the catch up point is years in the future and even then they still won't be descendable. To descend someone you have to have a FAR bigger TOC than their defences and given the exponential nature of the costs that is just not going to happen.

Now why should anyone be not descendable? In my opinion, every ascended being needs to be descendable, regardless of their stats. The other problem, in my opinion is that some people just aren't active and aren't interested in being active.

I've got a couple of suggestions for solutions, but I want to see what other people think is the problem before I suggest what I think would be a workable solution. So suggest what you think the problem is and perhaps what you think would be the best solution - or an idea about how to solve what you think is the problem :D

Tekki, honestly... these udpates doen past few months are temporary like all those in past. Double TOC and now again doubled... will last till players will boost theyr lvls again. Than what? Another doubling?

Now, why only those who aare live in discussions are informed about udpates since the other players not?

Ingame the shown TOC stayed the same, but the effet is double if used... no anouncement on forums, no highlight ingame.

I like most ascedned updates, but all are temporary, since players are not stupid and will work hard to protect accounts.... oh well... but keeping all tehse talks so hidden... and than just throw update alive.

How can you fight for these kinds of updates realy? If player will be able to loose ascended bonus in like 6 hours or 9 hours... cmon, ppl kept ascenmding months long, and now some boosted accounts with some overpowered updates will wipe those.

Put there some boards and some smart ideas, not just blind shooting for double double double double TOCs

Ceasar, I honestly don't know why Admin didn't inform people either. And the second near doubling of TOC was done just the other day but this has been an issue for a while. So yes, I fully agree Admin SHOULD and does NEED to discuss changes first then implement them. This is part of what this thread is about, to try and find out what people think the issues are. There does seem to be some general concensus that 7.5 hours to descend someone is two short. (CCSexy disagrees). But there are other considerations as well.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
EbilCC
Forum Addict

tekki I gave options last page of suggestions of like attack ratio be put on for ascended attacks to protect the weak from stronger accounts IF they play ascended. the only problem I have is people getting protected who dont play which is unfair to have waste our time decending people 5-7 hours when we put effort in and they havent. the decend rank thing would work if it could be done

they dont need it eg c2 said why should 48 hours to decend be dropped to less than a day but how fair is it you have to hit some1 for 48 hours to kill them and all they have to do is login once in that time ? its not

Lithium
Forum Zombie

CCexy wrote:tekki I gave options last page of suggestions of like attack ratio be put on for ascended attacks to protect the weak from stronger accounts IF they play ascended. the only problem I have is people getting protected who dont play which is unfair to have waste our time decending people 5-7 hours when we put effort in and they havent. the decend rank thing would work if it could be done

they dont need it eg c2 said why should 48 hours to decend be dropped to less than a day but how fair is it you have to hit some1 for 48 hours to kill them and all they have to do is login once in that time ? its not

duno if i understood well: are u implying that once can be massed in one hour and why not to be descended in 7-8 hrs?

if yes

that means u ve a crapy account , i check at least you and what i found is a pure TOC sniper , the rest of yr account is scrap , so yes it takes 1 hr for him and 10 mins for some other one. but the descension affect another server.

if not then i didnt properly understood you.

i ve to emphasis that this update will create players that plays only ascended server just to ruin main players. wheres the benefit of makinf the game attracting?
after all we aint gona play only with players who are here for +3 years.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Tekki
Forum Addict

CCexy wrote:tekki I gave options last page of suggestions of like attack ratio be put on for ascended attacks to protect the weak from stronger accounts IF they play ascended. the only problem I have is people getting protected who dont play which is unfair to have waste our time decending people 5-7 hours when we put effort in and they havent. the decend rank thing would work if it could be done

I don't agree with that though CC. I don't care how crap your account is and how little you've worked on it, it should still take -some- time to descend them and cost you - the descender - some effort.

Descension is meant to be the ultimate expression of power in the ascended realms after all and as such it should not be either impossible or be too fast.

What happens CC, when the person get sick of being descended and -TRIES- to play their account but keeps getting descended in one hit? That's not going to encourage them to play at all. Just because they are an Unknown, does not mean the account has been worked on. What you are advocating CC is that they have had the opportunity to work on their account but they haven't therefore YOU should get to punish them, BUT while you are advocating that, you are not giving them an opportunity to save themselves. What I think it more disruptive to the game is not those who have not worked on their accounts but those who work on their accounts to the minimum and then never log in.

I'm actually okay with it taking 12 hours to descend ANYONE, if their life force and reserves were at full, REGARDLESS of their stats. But I would also allow that such a thing would perhaps require some sort of protection to be enabled on ascension so that people CAN take short breaks.

The current time to descend is 7.5 hours, that, I think in many opinions is too fast, and perhaps I'll start a poll on what is not too fast. I think the previous 9 hours may be better and while I can see the benefits of 12, I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of recovery and actual descendability.

How fast to descend someone?

How many hits to descend someone?
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
EbilCC
Forum Addict

lithium u think my account is scrap that is a fail

and sniper wen the PoA war started who semil destroyed my account wth another pirate and had nothing trained in return so o wait that was you =D> :-$ If you must know TA got half of my stats mathlord got half others got the rest and I am waiting for my account grow back after destroying some TA myself helping get rid there defences to decend them

why should it take someone time to do it if they dont work on it and i thought about my rank thing. rank the decendables why? the higher the decendables the harder it is to decend you the lower the rank of decendables a cap on as i said big TOC's hitting the lower guys like the 1/5th rule for army size would be a comprismise to tekki but still as i explained about unknowns below I will say again

if there unknown they have had the time to work on there account is what Im saying whether they have or not is there own fault. they have been in ascended for a minumium 46 weeks to work on it. They have had time it takes less than 5 months to be undecendable six at the most if your really poor on ascended. if they bought the account, again there own fault for buying a poor ascended account with the main.

the point of ascended is to effect main hence it is connected to main if you seperate them both then you close ascended theres little point to it

Return to “Suggestions”