Game of Thrones

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: Game of Thrones

I want this show out now. NOW. NOWWWWW.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Psyko wrote:
Jim wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Jim wrote:

:smt090 still so long to wait
:smt056

NO! Nothing will console me :(
*offers freshly baked cookies*

*stuffs face with cookies*
NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I WANT DIRE WOLVES AND STARKS AND WINTER AND THRONES AND MURDER AND POLITICS!
Noobert wrote:I want this show out now. NOW. NOWWWWW.

At least we suffer together. :smt060
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Jim wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Jim wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Jim wrote:

:smt090 still so long to wait
:smt056

NO! Nothing will console me :(
*offers freshly baked cookies*

*stuffs face with cookies*
NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I WANT DIRE WOLVES AND STARKS AND WINTER AND THRONES AND MURDER AND POLITICS!
Noobert wrote:I want this show out now. NOW. NOWWWWW.

At least we suffer together. :smt060

Cookies for everyone!
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I've been reading the books to tide me over until the TV series returns (9 weeks BTW! OMG OMG OMG, nearly as exciting as CSM's being in the new 40k box set). The books are absolutely brilliant! I can say that the coming seasons of this TV show are going to pee all over the first.. season 2 will be owned by Tyrion, Jon, Arya and Sansa... seasons 3 and 4 will be Daenarys (can never spell it) and Jon Snows. All three will have a bit of Jamie, Cersi, Rob, Tywin and Catlyn both will have plenty from Kinds Landing and the introduction of some fairly awesome characters (Stannis Baratheon, Davos the Onion Knight).

I never cared too much for Bran or Arya's storylines.. although Arya's IS very interesting I just don't care too much what goes on.. as it's inconsequential atm. Bran's is just.. meh... oh...
[spoiler]I can do a bit of magic... woop de doo... i'd rather jump ahead a book and see what he does with it rather than see him trapse all over the country talking about fairy tales![/spoiler]

Varys and Littlefinger are by far the most interesting characters in my opinion though.. they're simply awesome. lol

@ Noobert. Love that gif of Tyrion hitting Joeffery.. loved that moment.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

i miss this show so much it hurts.

I keep putting myself off getting the books because the continuation of the series has been like...5 years in the making?

](*,)

Think i'll get my amazon on
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
semper

Tek wrote:i miss this show so much it hurts.

I keep putting myself off getting the books because the continuation of the series has been like...5 years in the making?

](*,)

Think i'll get my amazon on

Aye he's taken ages to write them, same with another series I was reading.. the books 'Legend of the Seeker' was based on. However he's up to book 5/7 now so most of the story is there. I've nearly finished the 3rd book atm so i'll look to slowly do 4 and 5 between now and when season 2 comes out. XD

I'm pretty certain he'll be expanding the series though.. I don't believe he'll be able to wrap things up in two books.. I think he'll need at least one more book or maybe even a 9th.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

So i'll be dead before it concludes, screw you mortality. Screw you.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Psyko
The Irresistible

As to the books, the only thing I can say is that he better finish the series before he dies. :mad:
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Arya's storylines are among our favorites. But then, we've long liked the concept that she's being built up to... The concept that you don't have to be big and strong to have power, that the small and unlikely can just as easily have at least as much power...

oh, and we're not surprised that Varys and Littlefinger are your favorites semper... they have somewhat similar personalities to the ones you tend to take on...

For some reason, in our re-read, we did not really like the catelyn chapters...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
semper

Catelyn chapters are only interesting to see what's going on with Robb tbh in my opinion. Arya's are exactly that really and I hope she's the one that kills Cersi XD.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

only time will show who kills her... Of course, her own stupidity is probably going to trigger the death though... Cersei isn't one to think things through from what we've observed...

We rather like the actor they picked for Tywin. He fits...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Psyko wrote:As to the books, the only thing I can say is that he better finish the series before he dies. :mad:

It will become..Wheel of Time 2.0!
Ron Burgandy
Forum Expert
Alliance: FS
Race: San Deiagans
ID: 96625

read the books guys, as awesome as the series the books are still better, im on the third one now and theres some good stuff coming up. The third book has enough in it for 2 seasons theres so much going on
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ron Burgandy wrote:read the books guys, as awesome as the series the books are still better, im on the third one now and theres some good stuff coming up. The third book has enough in it for 2 seasons theres so much going on
Most of this discussion has been focused on the franchise as a whole, but you are quite right, Ron. :)
semper

Zeratul wrote:only time will show who kills her... Of course, her own stupidity is probably going to trigger the death though... Cersei isn't one to think things through from what we've observed...

We rather like the actor they picked for Tywin. He fits...

Yes, Charles Dance was an excellent choice. They were originally going to cast his as Viktor in the underworld series but gave it to the younger Bill Nighy (which was probably a good choice in my opinion). They had to jump through a few hoops before charles agree to play the role though.

Ron Burgandy wrote:read the books guys, as awesome as the series the books are still better, im on the third one now and theres some good stuff coming up. The third book has enough in it for 2 seasons theres so much going on

Thank for recommending them.. I'm fairly certain two or three of us have just had a conversation in regards to the books.. but I do have this habit of getting lost in my own reflection so could have been mistaken and making up the post's above. ](*,)

Noobert wrote:
Psyko wrote:As to the books, the only thing I can say is that he better finish the series before he dies. :mad:

It will become..Wheel of Time 2.0!

Don't you dare say such blasphemy! WoT was a pile of tosh... destroying armies single-handedly.. a bad guy breaking unbreakable stuff (well it's not unbreakable then is it, duh?). It's american anime and the more awful for it. Ooo.. don't you compare the brilliance that is this political/fantasy epic George RR martin has written to that toilet roll from Robert Jordan.

I remember there was that quote that Jordan came to master the world Tolkein created. Master! MASTER! **Filtered** all over... more like.

*walks off grumbling and waving his arms around in rage whilst occasionally raising the volume to rant*
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler

Return to “The TV room”