mods abuse

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: mods abuse

If the community has serious input on parts of the forum rules, we are naturally willing to listen.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Noobert wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Well last I checked and in forums the staff is in place to serve the general users, but by what you just posted it is flipped in your mind..sorry m8 there are too many threads about where they were derailed by mods themselves..I say again, mods did not even try anything except spam and joking at the onset of this thread. POINT again. Your actions cannot be justified based on your..well actions.

What the hell are you talking about?

We are in place to serve this FORUM, and you want to know the best part? We enforce the rules, and literally clean up after all the crap you leave behind in the Market when there's a thread that blatantly says "Please put a closed sign when you are done trading, so we may remove the thread." Instead of helping the Moderators, you can't be bothered once you've done your trade to help.

The beginning of this thread was probably a joke all together, but turned into something larger because certain individuals love to cry about **Filtered** they have no reason to cry about.

My actions? They are completely justifiable. Show me where I have warned an individual for spamming in a thread full of spam, and not warned another. Just the other day, I said to a Mod who works under me that he would have to warn every single individual for spamming a Market thread and not just the one person.

It doesn't matter what I say anymore though, you are set in what you think so it's up to you to believe what I say or not.

I am merely throwing out some things for discussions here..things are what they are..for example..How often do us regular users get a response such as the one you just gave? I am not pointing my dirty finger at anyone, merely addressing the establishment...Mods stance is always justifiable, mods are always cleaning up "our mess", whenever an issue arises whether legit or not, its "whining" or "complaining", can you see where this is right now? And yes this thread got derailed quickly..but again..who derailed it? Point.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Zeratul wrote:If the community has serious input on parts of the forum rules, we are naturally willing to listen.

What good would that do? You would just dub it as whining and complaining. With the conduct you mods allowed to run rampant through the forum this past summer pretty much killed your respectability as a staff..and to what botjack just posted..once again, POINT. You see the attitude you people have?

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

yes but thats what happens when you put your points accross in a thread that had no foundation to begin with, rather than putting it in a separate thread in which it would of had the foundation to be dealt with and not presumed spam adding to the spam that had already proceeded it.

spam attracts spam.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rabbid Thom wrote:yes but thats what happens when you put your points accross in a thread that had no foundation to begin with, rather than putting it in a separate thread in which it would of had the foundation to be dealt with and not presumed spam adding to the spam that had already proceeded it.

spam attracts spam.

**Filtered**, stop making excuses and trying to deflect your lack of responsibility and lack of quality work onto another.

Deni
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

Jedi~Tank wrote:I am merely throwing out some things for discussions here..things are what they are..for example..How often do us regular users get a response such as the one you just gave? I am not pointing my dirty finger at anyone, merely addressing the establishment...Mods stance is always justifiable, mods are always cleaning up "our mess", whenever an issue arises whether legit or not, its "whining" or "complaining", can you see where this is right now? And yes this thread got derailed quickly..but again..who derailed it? Point.

you started off good here and put some sort of foundation to you previous veiws but then you followed up with:

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Zeratul wrote:If the community has serious input on parts of the forum rules, we are naturally willing to listen.

What good would that do? You would just dub it as whining and complaining. With the conduct you mods allowed to run rampant through the forum this past summer pretty much killed your respectability as a staff..and to what botjack just posted..once again, POINT. You see the attitude you people have?

now that kind of just negates your first post by continuing the bable and so rather than it continuing with constructive Q and A is decends in anarchy and spam

then further more you degrade it with
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Rabbid Thom wrote:yes but thats what happens when you put your points accross in a thread that had no foundation to begin with, rather than putting it in a separate thread in which it would of had the foundation to be dealt with and not presumed spam adding to the spam that had already proceeded it.

spam attracts spam.

**Filtered**, stop making excuses and trying to deflect your lack of responsibility and lack of quality work onto another.

you talk about being over looked yet you over look yourself

further more im gave you advice and then you throw it back at me with something that relates nothing to what i said
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rabbid Thom wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I am merely throwing out some things for discussions here..things are what they are..for example..How often do us regular users get a response such as the one you just gave? I am not pointing my dirty finger at anyone, merely addressing the establishment...Mods stance is always justifiable, mods are always cleaning up "our mess", whenever an issue arises whether legit or not, its "whining" or "complaining", can you see where this is right now? And yes this thread got derailed quickly..but again..who derailed it? Point.

you started off good here and put some sort of foundation to you previous veiws but then you followed up with:

Jedi~Tank wrote:

now that kind of just negates your first post by continuing the bable and so rather than it continuing with constructive Q and A is decends in anarchy and spam

then further more you degrade it with
Jedi~Tank wrote:

spam attracts spam.

you talk about being over looked yet you over look yourself

further more im gave you advice and then you throw it back at me with something that relates nothing to what i said

Once again you have fallen right into the pit..instead of staying with the flow..you try to make a meaningless point for point argument and make a genuine effort to discredit users because they didnt make a post like you think it should have been done. POINT.

Deni
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit

so please enlighten us about:

1. the "POINT" of this thread
2. the "Flow" it's going in
3. and this "pit" you talk of ]
4. and the manner in which a user should address an issue

and when have i discredited a user? in this thread or any other
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ercury wrote:to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

And use their Mod account for what the purpose is ment for

And this might solve it all .

I just do it this way:

If I'm posting like this, I'm posting as a mod.

If not, I'm posting as a user.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Haz why u deleted mu last post in the thread link below
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=186870&start=15

and why that thread which has no clear meaning , it points to nowhere isnt considered spam as u posted there?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:Haz why u deleted mu last post in the thread link below

and why that thread which has no clear meaning , it points to nowhere isnt considered spam as u posted there?

I haven't deleted, or even moved any post in that thread. I gave the verbal warning, then when I was asked to lock it by the user involved, I obliged and locked it.

The thread was on topic within Stargatewars General (Forum for all general ingame discussion) as it was reporting a big milestone ingame and was congratulating the user.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:

I haven't deleted, or even moved any post in that thread. I gave the verbal warning, then when I was asked to lock it by the user involved, I obliged and locked it.

The thread was on topic within Stargatewars General (Forum for all general ingame discussion) as it was reporting a big milestone ingame and was congratulating the user.

did kikaz asked u in that moment or what???
and since i asked u b4 and im asking u again , which is the milestone? then u deleted my post and locked it
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:
Haz wrote:

and since i asked u b4 and im asking u again , which is the milestone? then u deleted my post and locked it

Yes Kikaz did ask, within PM.

And I didn't see any post by you, I merely edited my previous post and placed a lock on the topic. That may have stopped you from posting your post in the first place?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:
Lithium wrote:
Haz wrote:

Yes Kikaz did ask, within PM.

And I didn't see any post by you, I merely edited my previous post and placed a lock on the topic. That may have stopped you from posting your post in the first place?
Lith, could it be you didn't see your post wasn't actually posted due to a white page?
Lithium
Forum Zombie

blank page doesnt prevent you posting, but maybe haz locked it in the same moment
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”