Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:dont do it . no need for it

Lol, there was no need for me to code for ascended but I did. Main would have got along just fine.

and so far you have done a good job with ascended , why spoil that now ?

Why do you think it will be spoiled? You're purely basing it off of what happened to main.

Guild wrote: its going to piss of a lot of people the moment someone who doesnt want to put the effrt in buys their way to the top and starts beating people who have put the time in. and then kill of activity and then guess what ...noone plays ascended anymore

People will still have to put in the effort to get anywhere. Buying their way to the top in this case isn't really a good basis for arguments...

what ! its the best basis to an argument ! ](*,)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:dont do it . no need for it

Lol, there was no need for me to code for ascended but I did. Main would have got along just fine.

and so far you have done a good job with ascended , why spoil that now ?

Why do you think it will be spoiled? You're purely basing it off of what happened to main.

Guild wrote: its going to piss of a lot of people the moment someone who doesnt want to put the effrt in buys their way to the top and starts beating people who have put the time in. and then kill of activity and then guess what ...noone plays ascended anymore

People will still have to put in the effort to get anywhere. Buying their way to the top in this case isn't really a good basis for arguments...

what ! its the best basis to an argument ! ](*,)

No as in it's practically voided argument. People could buy their way to the top in main because you could literally buy core resources, I'm refusing to sell them in ascended (let alone permanent increases to powerups, CS, fleets etc).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

I disagree with adding irl currency to ascended. No matter what is for sale it will always benefit the buyer and the non spenders are left behind. Increase turn production? Imho turns are the most valuable resource in ascended. You mass, DM, DI, farm, and Descend with turns and as such are limited to 4k while generating 528 a day. Increasing turn production via ingame purchase with currency means active people will be able to do the above more while leaving non spenders such as myself and many others hard pressed to catch up.

Leave currency purchases to main.

Image Image Image
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Yes ascended will be biting the bullet if you do this.

There is no reason to involve money in ascended. There comes no good out of using money to buy things in ascended, it doesnt matter if the effects are temp or perm. It will make another line in the sand with money spenders and non money spenders.

I say no, like nearly everyone else here.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Rudy Peña wrote:Yes ascended will be biting the bullet if you do this.
I was thinking whether the title (implying 'starting to do something') was the proper use of the phrase. :) I only knew it as 'dieing' (i.e. a bullet in your face kills you; or something like that).
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

why dont we have a vote on this ... 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

maybe a ingame vote so more then 10 people vote?

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Yeah some vote that does not depend on the few active established players who are left in the forums?

Not that I have seen that we have to code to poll the entire user base, or that I have any hope that your garden variety newby will consider that they have a right to answer or knowledge to give a decent answer.

To "bite the bullet" is to endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable.[1] The phrase was first recorded by Rudyard Kipling in his 1891 novel The Light that Failed.[1] It is often stated that it is derived historically from the practice of having a patient clench a bullet in his or her teeth as a way to cope with the extreme pain of a surgical procedure without anesthetic, though evidence for biting a bullet rather than a leather strap during surgery is sparse.[2][3] It may also have evolved from the British empire expression "to bite the cartridge", which dates to the Indian Rebellion of 1857. In this version of the etymology, the idea of tolerating necessary hardship refers to the British wish that the sepoys would ignore any small presence of animal fat in their paper cartridges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bite_the_bullet
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

It might be worth noting that the Sepoys preferred rebellion to the alternative and it was the beginning of the end for the Raj.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

i think people need to take a long hard look at the first psot.

the idea is for small $$ donations to just customise your account a little, in terms of looks, skins, themes etc

Nothing that will actually effect a player vs another player.

This thread is not about people buying DMU for $$ or increasing their CS for $$, but simply just paying a small donation to make the browser look a bit sexier or more user friendly.

@Sol its not a terrible idea, you just have to be VERY careful as to what is available with $$. Something like that spy thing isnt to bad, perhaps things like name changes / race changes without losing planets (doesnt really effect anyone except the person doing it feeling a bit more of a badass with a better name)
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Ascended General”