SGW site slow? Report here! (ONLY HERE

List all bugs for MAIN SERVER here

Please use the ascended/chaos/quantum sections for bugs specific to those servers.
Squee
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Lone Wolves
Race: Does it even matter?
ID: 13081

Im not sure whats happening. I couldnt load earlier either. 2Mb Ireland U.TV using Swiftfox 1.5.

Also Next Turn: 42 min ????????
1560 people playing! can this all be right? this is easily twice what it normally is. Any ideas?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

when the server went down yesterday, it did nto come back properly. it is only running at a % of its capacity...
this issue will be fixed (likley this weekend, needing a small scheduled downtime to do so) and the new server will be added to the setup which will also help ...
scheduled maintenance time will be preannounced, and patience appreciated while the issue(s) are worked on...
so until this weekend, please do not report 'slow' since it is not the initial problem that is now affecting things... it is an issue we are aware of, and are fixing....
after that - any slowness will be code/apache/database locking and can be further isolated and fixed :)
Ori
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Hi ya

Id just like to point out that i had a really hard time logging into SGW today. It took me about 7 or 8 attempts on the login page and its not the first time. I have had messages saying the access code was wrong and it was clearly right and times when its taken like today about 15 minutes to login like today. I hate to say it since the summer and the new login page with this code the game has become a bit uninteresting to me partly because it has slowed down. You say its to stop cheaters but can you honestly tell me all 53000 people are playing this game. All this new login page does for me is put me off the fact that i need so much login details to play a game and im sure im not the only one. Its killing the fun having to eneter so much i starting to get bored of it.

Gaze upon the Flame of the ORI
ID = 24768
law7441
Forum Regular
Alliance: Nemesis Sect
ID: 23739

I have IE7 and orange broadband and it be work very slow for the last 4 or 5 days
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

law7441 wrote:I have IE7 and orange broadband and it be work very slow for the last 4 or 5 days

Forum wrote:so until this weekend, please do not report 'slow' since it is not the initial problem that is now affecting things... it is an issue we are aware of, and are fixing....
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
king_com
Forum Newbie

gee stargate is slow 2day... :roll:
Huxley
Forum Elder

Its getting so slow I dont know if i can be bovered to play it anymore!
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Huxley wrote:Its getting so slow I dont know if i can be bovered to play it anymore!

its because of the server not using its full potential...

Forum said he is planning downtime for this weekend to fix it :)

I know what ya mean farming is damn near impossible with 20-30second page load times :(
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
BL1P
Forum Intermediate

servers not responding now

last thing i noticed was the timer stuck at 0

10:30 ish central european time (gmt+1)
my location is france
assended isnt reponding either
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

lol, don't stop there, Blippy.

Chaos isnt loading either.

seems all the servers are down (assuming about quantum, don't play that one).

so much for drunken massings (on any server) :(
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Rienna wrote:lol, don't stop there, Blippy.

Chaos isnt loading either.

seems all the servers are down (assuming about quantum, don't play that one).

so much for drunken massings (on any server) :(

Seems fine again here, a little sluggish but we knew that.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
bryan
Forum Intermediate

i wonder how many people here were playing this time last year. the load times were even slower. then Forum got the new server, and it was sweet. hopefully this new server can be swiftly added.

Anyway, i dont see why any of you guys are complaining. It is a free game after all. If you were paying to play, then i would complain, otherwise.........
Bryan wrote:shoot first, fire missiles second. if anything left, drop a nuke
Genlucky wrote:Opinions are like **Filtered**. everyone has one, and some are bigger than others
buck wrote:i am infact the proverbial nutcase
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

[quote="bryan"]i wonder how many people here were playing this time last year. [quote]

I was here :-D

anyways, it's slow as hell with all browsers but admin already posted what the problem is and when it will be fixed so I see no point continueing to complain about it.

For those that have a blind spot where Admins post is.....

ADMIN IS AWARE OF THE FAULT AND WILL BE FIXING IT AT THE WEEKEND!!!
market mod speaking
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Well i would like to say the FF problems is because of poor programming sadly.

What many people dont know is that some of the tags used in websides are made ONLY for IE by Microsoft which are also the reason they are kicked out by WWW which are the one making the standard for all webside programming.

FF lags because it has problems reading the IE code. But i rarely lag and when i do it is only on a turn end. Else i work faster and better than IE ever could on my machine and i would rather frie IE than using it.
Twysted
Forum Newbie

Personally, the only time i experenced lag was when the servers were down... other than that it was pretty good... i have T3 so i never really have lag.... unless it is being used by the gaming community of course...

Return to “Bugs”