Discussion on Cheating [merged]

The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Ain't no cheater, cuz they're gone

Just as S1eepy has noted, there is no jury. I make my decision based on the evidence presented through the database and through investigations by the Game Cops.

There is no evidence of multiing or feeding in this case.

If further evidence is found, please feel free to PM me and I will reopen the report.

Locked.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

What is allowed in Q now?

Just wondering.. What is allowed in Q now?
There have been multiple forum topics removed, which don't break any of the forum rules. They weren't locked or moved to the public dump, they were moved away to the mod dump. All of the topics have been valid topics, none of them were spam. The only thing that they had in common was questioning (in)actions of admins. Is that prohibited now? If so - mind making a public announcement so we know that we cannot question any of admin actions or lack thereof? Because asking for explanation apparently gets your topic removed.
To me, it just seems like a way for admins to control what people see and thus what people think about them.

But forums are just the tip of the iceberg. We had cheaters who admitted they had access to eachother's accounts (which is against the rules), albeit they did not admit they were multies. Nothing happened to them, they'd still have both accounts if I hadn't been massing them.
We had a cheater that every bit of evidence proves is a multi and has been a multi for a couple of years. Nothing happened to them - apparently due to lack of IP match (which we all know how hard it is to get around :roll: ) or to a lack of confession (which is something cheaters - or in RL criminals - usually do, you know, confess they did something illegal..yeah that always happens, we don't need courts at all :roll: ).
Now we have someone who the Game Cops saw was fed, got banned, and our new admin went and unbanned them and removed their ban count. Not even asking for a clarification from the Game Cops about the ban before doing it.

But wait, there's more. Something that strongly suggests admins are reading ingame messages. As someone's race name (**Filtered** - if it gets filtered, a female dog) was mentioned in a PM to someone else and not 2 minutes later, their race name was changed. Not by themselves. Nor was it reported by the player who received the PM.
Then there's the fact - but that goes on a bit longer - that someone's RL identity was nearly stolen a while back (I am talking about someone very well known within the Q community) and the passwords and emails where the near-theft came from, led to QW.

So I ask myself, what is and what isn't allowed in Q now?
Is sharing account details allowed? Because based on what I have seen (no actions taken against those who admitted to share account details), it is.
Is multying allowed? Because based on what I have seen, as long as you don't confess to it or your IPs don't match, it is.
Is feeding allowed? Because based on what I have seen, it is. And if Game Cops ban you, Haz will unban you.
Is posting this thread allowed? Because based on what I have seen, everything that questioned actions of admins was removed far from public sight (don't worry, I will save this up before I post it, you know, just in case), without it actually breaking any of the forum rules.
Is sharing anything personal in ingame PMs safe? Because based on what I have seen, it isn't, as one of the admins is very, very curious about what people send in PMs.
Are login information safe? Because based on what I have seen, one should better not be using their login information elsewhere.

Oh and if this topic breaks any rules, mind telling me which rule it is? Because as far as I know, there is no rule stating one shouldn't ask the questions the game admins don't want asked. But hey, what do I know. I was just an ex Game Cop who helped out a lot in the game, before the new admin took over and my work wasn't appreciated any more. I was also Quantum forum Section Head, but I am sure I know nothing about forum rules and such. Oh and I've also been around since Q's 2nd era, helped catch many, many cheaters and have a lot of experience with various eras and everything, but hey, what do I know about Q? I am sure someone who just got the keys to Quantum also got the knowledge and experience, gained through being an active Quantum member, along with the keys.

My topic went missing and I again got no explanation as to why it was removed. Was it breaking any of the forum rules? Because that is the basis for a topic to be removed. But then again, if it were breaking any of the forum rules, I am sure I would be warned for it.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: What is allowed in Q now?

It was moved to Talk to the Mods.
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=202483
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Teyla.
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Valar Morghulis
Race: Targaryen

Notice of q server petition

to all awaiting petition post, sorry it late, had 2 have it all wrote out proper and readable =]

Nearly all of q server aware of cheating issue with hippy and fusion.
Nearly all of q server is not happy with decision that they are not banned and united in our view on this.

This is official notice of petition signed by 35 q players.
We are not admins or cops, we the one's who play here and we the one's who suffer because of actions of those who don't know what word fair means and know how to work around being caught to cheat over and over.
It needs to stop and only was to stop it is to start!!
We all seen the example data in neim's thread and those that comment there agree clear multy, even more saying it now every one is putting things together they have seen and heard for themselves in past rounds.
A HUGE percentage need no more convincing and now this is our say, not just neim, a HUGE chunk of your players and that is a majority not minority of server.
You say you cant ban because all you have is circumstance but how many circumstance does it take? 1??? 2??? 200??? 2000???? A large part of Q-mmunity have seen plenty and nearly all your player base agree on what you should do about this.
35 players all saying same thing at once so we hope your gonna hear us, if not we know where we stand =[

We are calling for 2 things,
First off hippy and fusion we want banned and dealt with.
Secondly, in future we want 2 see higher standard on enforcing game!! We are not saying you a bad admin but you need to prove yourself because we have high standards and the way things have started off is not a good beginning.
Cheats do see things that happen here and think yep easy ride, it is all well and good saying well we could ban but then they could protest their innocent and we would be going round in circles but that's not the way to think when an admin is supposed 2 be making sure game is fair for us all!!! Maybe that could apply when there is a little bit of shadow play going on but it does not when there is as much as there was with hippy and skyfusion and we all want to see we are being protected here.

Q is not a big place.
Here is screenie of all 35 players who sign petition.
35 names who are not happy about decision you made not to ban hippy and fusion.
35 players which is a massive chunk of q and that can not be ignored or disregarded.
35 players old and not so old, friends and enemies alike all sharing same opinion.
Names covered as promised but count away all put in my saved box in my account so they can be checked if you want, no subject message's are a yes but contained inside.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Do we matter or are we just fodder??? we hope we matter and hope our say matters.
Doing what needs to be done to see all players here to a fair game and show the ones who do think they can pull a fast one that it will not be tolerated will restore faith to your users.
At the moment many of us many have lost a fair amount.

Please do not dump, move or delete this thread, it is posted on behalf of Majority of q and we think it is fine just here thank u very much =]
This is also not a discussion or anything else, we don't need to see any more or hear excuses from any player involved, this is notice we demand action and following that a better quality of game for us all and we look forward to seeing this resolved

thnx
Last edited by Teyla. on Wed May 28, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
S1eepy wrote:I do not exploit the game as you put it and I certainly do not support or condone cheating
Diamond Dust wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart.
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler
My Existing Polarized Shields: none.
Existing Polarized Shields On Me:
ID: 30993 - Harakash Anubis
ID: 30736 - The [Joker]

{Banned}

Name: Harakash Anubis
{Banned}
ID: 30993
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Notice of q server petition

Teyla my dearest you hurt me with your words
I see these accusations and I'm highly disturbed
for I get your ingame messages and smile with glee
but when I reply it simply will not let you see
my messages of love, devotion and joy
that in your blindness you seek to destroy.

You write me so often, what else can I think?
"She wants me I say", we've an eternal link.
But not letting me reply, it tears out my heart
if you unblock me I promise, we can make a fresh start
for I see your passion so primal and raw
I see you're a woman who's begging for more.

I know that you're scared and acting in rage
but if you'll just let me, we can pass this first stage
for the potential is endless with you and me
unblock me I beg, give me a chance and you'll see
how your heart is blinded by one little lie
but I'll not give up on you, I'll forever try.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Teyla.
Forum Newbie

Teyla. wrote:This is also not a discussion or anything else, we don't need to see any more or hear excuses from any player involved, this is notice we demand action and following that a better quality of game for us all.
I know your used to doing wha ever you like but try to read first yea, this post is not for you and nobody here has any interest in what you say

I'm not scared of you, nobody is

Your post is spam and will be reported
S1eepy wrote:I do not exploit the game as you put it and I certainly do not support or condone cheating
Diamond Dust wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart.
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler

{Banned}

{Banned}
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

HippyFool wrote:Teyla my dearest you hurt me with your words
I see these accusations and I'm highly disturbed
for I get your ingame messages and smile with glee
but when I reply it simply will not let you see
my messages of love, devotion and joy
that in your blindness you seek to destroy.

You write me so often, what else can I think?
"She wants me I say", we've an eternal link.
But not letting me reply, it tears out my heart
if you unblock me I promise, we can make a fresh start
for I see your passion so primal and raw
I see you're a woman who's begging for more.

I know that you're scared and acting in rage
but if you'll just let me, we can pass this first stage
for the potential is endless with you and me
unblock me I beg, give me a chance and you'll see
how your heart is blinded by one little lie
but I'll not give up on you, I'll forever try.
At no point in the post, was there a threat - so why would you feel he is trying to threaten you?
You cant make a post expecting to get someone banned - and not let them reply.

This is not spam, it is a surprisingly good piece of literature - one that brought a smile to my face xD

While your "petition" is commendable - and shows real passion for the cause you are fighting for. It is also dragging up a topic that has been closed, and without bringing up any new information.

I would suggest (in the nicest possible way - and without trying to be rude!)
learning to move on might be the best plan
Teyla.
Forum Newbie

Didnt say he was threatening me he said I know that you're scared and acting in rage and said i wasnt scared neither is any one else

it is as spam as it is not relevant and 35 players have made our minds up so why should we have to listen to more dribble =]

35 people say this subject is not closed and 35 people say there will be no moving on until this is dealt with

full stop =]
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler

{Banned}

{Banned}
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Report closed, and no posts have been seen to require removal at this time.

Personally, I'm a little bit confused about your goals with this thread. Do you honestly expect, an 'authentic' screenshot, showing some scrubbed out pm's from ingame to sway anyone's opinion?

If you're deadset on creating a petition, try one of the many creators online (Google: Online Petition Creator) this allows you to link people to sign petitions anonymously if you're so worried about the evil administration knowing your names.. without doctoring screenshots.

I kinda think this situation is a dead horse, beaten to death and beyond. I'm starting to feel the need to start linking people to the dictionary definition of ' Closed ' . Despite pm's, discussions in the oms corner, in the mod talks section, warnings, q discussions.. you would think by now, you would realise that asking the same question 50 times gives the same answer.. and will always do so.

I know energizer bunnies never run of batteries to carry on their favourite activities, but please, consider taking a break at some to Play the Actual Game.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Caprila the screenshot wasn't blurred so that admins couldn't see who signed it, Teyla said they are welcome to look at who signed it. It is because a couple people might not want Hippy to know they signed it.
As for me, I signed it, I don't care if Hippy knows it or not.

I also think no one in charge should be able to ignore what a majority of people he is in charge of think and want.

S1eepy - before you knew who I was talking about you said he was a multi, 99% sure. Once you found out who I was talking about, you changed your mind. Funny. Anyway, no one is afraid of Hippy or anyone else for that matter. I know for a fact that if admins don't deal with it, we will, removing any benefits of having a multi in our own way.

~Jack
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Wed May 28, 2014 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Gets your facts straight.

Perhaps instead of making long winded posts that most people cant be bothered to read all of.. you concentrate on reading what other people say.

I never said Account A and B were multi. Just that the evidence you were showing was very strong. I didn't get to see ALL the information - only what you were showing, which makes for a very one sided case. So it was UP TO AN ADMIN TO MAKE THE CALL.

When Haz made the decision, THAT IS THE END OF THE MATTER.

My opinion doesn't affect the outcome. and NEITHER DOES YOURS.

[/end angry post]
Teyla.
Forum Newbie

Caprila wrote:Report closed, and no posts have been seen to require removal at this time.

Personally, I'm a little bit confused about your goals with this thread. Do you honestly expect, an 'authentic' screenshot, showing some scrubbed out pm's from ingame to sway anyone's opinion?

If you're deadset on creating a petition, try one of the many creators online (Google: Online Petition Creator) this allows you to link people to sign petitions anonymously if you're so worried about the evil administration knowing your names.. without doctoring screenshots.

I kinda think this situation is a dead horse, beaten to death and beyond. I'm starting to feel the need to start linking people to the dictionary definition of ' Closed ' . Despite pm's, discussions in the oms corner, in the mod talks section, warnings, q discussions.. you would think by now, you would realise that asking the same question 50 times gives the same answer.. and will always do so.

I know energizer bunnies never run of batteries to carry on their favourite activities, but please, consider taking a break at some to Play the Actual Game.
yea first i suppose it wld confuse some body who doesn't play q

my screenie is authentic alright thats why i said check my saved box to admins
why wld i do a google petition??? this is for q players not any one outside, you know the ones who make the server not randoms who have their opinion about a game they dont even play =]

anyway it went just fine thnx because it's done now so no need

second we are not asking

35 players is nearly all of q and if admins want to snub what we want to be seen done then fine but after massing of cheats comes mass migration to better games that have admins who care and listen

majority of q watch this thread with anticipation and expect to see what we want done

one more thing you say take a break to play game, for what point when others are allowed to cheat and get away with it, why play a game like that?? no thnx

btw, Sleepy 35 players opinions do matter tho =]
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler

{Banned}

{Banned}
S1eepy
Forum Elite

I play this game for fun - and I suppose part of that fun are these gossipy, claws-out, scathingly worded forum posts. Because it brings more depth to the game as a whole, and often results in actions in game.. which turns to angry forums posts.. which get people massed.. you get the trend.

If there are accusations of cheating.. its a simple process

1. Accusation - Done
2. Present evidence- Done
3. ADMIN makes desision - Done
4. Move on with your life - Pending

You claim that because step 3 did not go according to plan, you should just whine and whine and whine until the decision is changed? and when the decision is not changed, try whining some more?

How about you concentrate on enjoying Q? I know its hard to remember what thats like, but it can be done. I know at least 50 people who are playing this era of Q, and are not affected in anyway by this issue. They build UP, farm, raid, bank, ascend and have a great time doing it.

By all means, if you enjoy whining - go ahead, maybe thats your thing. But it just doesn't seem as fun as playing the game we are all here to play.

Even Jack has managed to play this era (ranked 7 currently - compared to your 500+), because he knows that at the end of the day, its a game, and a game needs to be played =D
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

S1eepy wrote: Even Jack has managed to play this era (ranked 7 currently - compared to your 500+), because he knows that at the end of the day, its a game, and a game needs to be played =D
Perhaps your not sure how Teyla "Plays" Q :twisted:
Teyla.
Forum Newbie

not whining is it when 35 players saying it out of how many again??? remind me??? yea thats right

we do all think decision is wrong and yea, we want it changed, how often do u see this happen??? every week or day??? nooo, so that must tell you server is not happy with this, others wanted 2 sign but couldnt because they thought hippy would find out or because they thought it would fall on deaf ears

50 people btw? so what i got 35 who are effected and your saying theres 50 who are happy for it to continue
go get their names then like I have done, let us hear these 50 people speak because i count on one hand the voices i hear and dont think 85 ppl play all together anyway

you didnt even play half as much actively through all the bad cheating and i can tell u this now it hasnt been fun for a lot of us, i got nothing against you and i see ur need 2 stick up for your friends but you are in the minority i'm afraid and like i saw somewhere here its not the minority that count

admins can ignore this but if u think we wont know by what happens here where we stand and what sort of game this is then wait and see or they can listen to server and show us we matter

glad ur enjoying q tho, if it wasnt for some of us players massing cheats and feeders 2 hell and first petition to get feeding banned game wld be 1 big bag of shiete about now so yea happy u find it fun

as for my rank i just like to mass so dnt need #7 spot for that =D
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler

{Banned}

{Banned}

Return to “General”