The End of An Era

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

GhostyGoo wrote:
3. It was I that 'Announced' this thread, as my final act as a Super Moderator of the Gate Wars Forum, the reasons were a) because i could and b) because it was a also a letter of resignation, certainly something which needs announcing, in any professional sense to both my ex-colleagues and to the Community.

thats exactly my point , get over yourself goo.
why do you think your leaving warrents an announcment more that anyone else. as you said you did it simply because you could.
after all this is not the first time you have left now is it.
stop showboating and disrespecting the others that are leaving too. get yourself a normal leaving thread like everyone else.

and i dont agree with the excuse that it is your resignation.
would you hang you resignation on the notice board at work if you were leaving or would you give it to your boss in private?

see ya!
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

GhostyGoo wrote:Thanks for Modding the negative vibes Mods, it's true i would prefer a negative free sign off but in truth some people are bound to show disrespect. I can only hope they never have to attend a goodbye service for anyone nice. Or anyone at all for that matter.

I take great personal offence to you comparing your leaving this game (for the second time I might add) to a funeral. THAT is damn right disrespectful and I can not believe you just said that.
Indu and proud of it!!
bryan
Forum Intermediate

once, i found you as a friend. then a certain comment came around, and ill never get around that. some things go too far.

Goo wrote:You really do need to upgrade this account Bryan, it is number one target primo uno on my death list. The day that descension comes about, you are going to get a shafting you wont forget too easily.

maybe you should look at your own now. i think you were the one that got shafted. pretty sure you are not going to forget it either.

Anyway, we are now even for that comment. you could have avoided all this by a simple apology, I even made you a thread to do so. ah well, life is full of "i should have's"

Oh and Bill, you failed :D
Bryan wrote:shoot first, fire missiles second. if anything left, drop a nuke
Genlucky wrote:Opinions are like **Filtered**. everyone has one, and some are bigger than others
buck wrote:i am infact the proverbial nutcase
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

You all need to get the hell out of this thread if you have nothing nice to say.

Yes, his resignation, as one of the first SuperMods and someone who has been here since the beginning DOES warrent an announcement.

Your posts are disgraceful and you should all be ashamed.

He is trying to say goodbye and all you guys can do is pick. Really low.

Please spare us all and leave this thread to people to show their RESPECTS not disrespects.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Savings Account
Forum Irregular
Race: Saver
ID: 1964218

Nuto vixen wrote:You all need to get the hell out of this thread if you have nothing nice to say.

I second that.

It is a shame that a few indiviuals are putting a downer on this. I fail to see what there is to gain by disrespecting someone who has done so much for this community. Maybe you are jealous of just how respected one person can be. It is quite sad, but I for one, am not going to let this thread go down the pan in such a depressing way. So Nuto, shall we get a party started :P

GhostyGoo wrote:I'll be continuing the "good friend" bit Mr. Red. I've not been around so much due to taking on the story of your online personna, The Mighty Red XIII, son of Seto, Ancient and Jenova carrier.. real name... NANIKI! :D

I've been playing it through once again, i'm just about to take on the Jenova crater, begining of Disc 3.

Yeah... anyhoo, not the end for you and i mate, you are a local friend Image

Reliving Final Fantasy? Excellent, it never quite seems to lose its absorbing nostalgia. I'm glad you have found something at least to take your mind off this game, you know how it haunts people. I'm very happy that it's 'not the end' for me, you've been a great inspiration to me as a person and a player and without you, I think I speak for everyone (well.. almost everyone) that this game, from day one, would have been a hell of a lot less lifeless ;)

GhostyGoo wrote:
Red XIII wrote:Make sure, if you don't return that you keep the memories of the GhostyGoo BBQ alive! :wink:

The RepliVerse will only grow bigger as more things are added to it ;) I've almost finished Pt. 2. Rofl.

Looking forward to part three in that case then! ;)

I know we will see each other again, so it does not feel right to say goodbye, better so, to just pay tribute as a player of this game to you. So, I'm raising my glass and saying thanks for all the hardship, the sweat, the blood and the tears you put into this game.

This is a real tear jerker... lol. All the best Ste.
Last edited by Savings Account on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

New Account Fund - total savings to date - 140T
-Ailm-
Forum Irregular

aurevoir ;)

-Ailm
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Nuto vixen wrote:You all need to get the hell out of this thread if you have nothing nice to say.

Yes, his resignation, as one of the first SuperMods and someone who has been here since the beginning DOES warrent an announcement.

in your opinion it warrents one. but your opinion means very little.
so the fact that he came accross the game sooner than others means his leaving thread is more important?
How long do you have to play before you get a special thread?

Nuto vixen wrote:
Please spare us all and leave this thread to people to show their RESPECTS not disrespects.

I only show respect to those that deserve respect. the fact that it is a leaving thread does not mean we all have to be nice.
Goretrek
Fledgling Forumer

A real shame you've decided to move on.

I always made a point of reading your posts, they had a style that I will always remember and I'm sure these forums will never see the likes again ;)

Respectfully yours,

Goretrek.

ps. Look me up if you're planning a BBQ in the UK ;)
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Hammond of Texas wrote:

in your opinion it warrents one. but your opinion means very little.
so the fact that he came accross the game sooner than others means his leaving thread is more important?
How long do you have to play before you get a special thread?

You think that's the only difference? That he found this game first? Ste was one of the major proponents of the success of this game. I don't know many others who have provided as much as he, whether it be his unparallelled work on the forums or his character ingame.

There's a lot of people on here who don't appreciate what they have and who gave it them.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:You think that's the only difference? That he found this game first?

nope i don't think that. i am asking why Goo gets a special thread while others don't. it is nuto who said he was here a long time.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote: Ste was one of the major proponents of the success of this game. I don't know many others who have provided as much as he, whether it be his unparallelled work on the forums or his character ingame.
well at least you gave a different reason, everyone else just says its cos he is a mod and has been here from the start.
so your reasons are he is a mod and you like his ingame character.
well i don't like his ingame character so i disagree.

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:There's a lot of people on here who don't appreciate what they have and who gave it them.
sorry but Goo never gave me anything. and i doubt this game would not exsist if Goo didn't play it. so again i ask why this leaving thread is more important than anyone else.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Hammond of Texas wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:You think that's the only difference? That he found this game first?

nope i don't think that. i am asking why Goo gets a special thread while others don't. it is nuto who said he was here a long time.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote: Ste was one of the major proponents of the success of this game. I don't know many others who have provided as much as he, whether it be his unparallelled work on the forums or his character ingame.
well at least you gave a different reason, everyone else just says its cos he is a mod and has been here from the start.
so your reasons are he is a mod and you like his ingame character.
well i don't like his ingame character so i disagree.

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:There's a lot of people on here who don't appreciate what they have and who gave it them.
sorry but Goo never gave me anything. and i doubt this game would not exsist if Goo didn't play it. so again i ask why this leaving thread is more important than anyone else.

You're assuming a hell of a lot. It's not a question of whether you like his character. It's not just that he was a mod. He contributed a hell of a lot to this game (for reasons such as the ones I listed above and beyond), so much so that pretty much everyone is in debt to him, whether they know it or not. Maybe this game would exist if he didn't give as much as he did, but I can say for damned sure it wouldn't be a quarter of what it is now.

I don't want to argue with you here.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

i don't know you, but i can offer you the best of luck in real life, you have been hear a long time and you deserve it.
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

Re: The End of An Era

GhostyGoo wrote:It was always said that i would only play this game as long as it took for me to be bullied out of the "one on one" ascension server. Finally someone has been spineless enough to achieve my destruction.

Those responsible are "smooshable", "mojo rising" and "impulse" ("Bryan" from main server).

There is more of myself in this game than anyone will ever know, i have lost more due to me playing this game than any of you will ever know. Luckily amongst all this loss i have a few gains:

Rhett, The Dread Lords, Friends in Quantum and Omega, Compmage, JGG, Reality, Psi, Wolf359, Sleipnir and the Mod teams, Buck, Nuto and all the other players i will be giving my non-sgwars email address.

If you do not get my new address, please don't take it personally and if you do get upset, i am deeply sorry, there is simply no room in my life for you, outside my duty to this game. A duty which no longer exists.

I'll be very happy to hear about any vengeance which is taken upon those who are responsible for ruining my ascended account however, it is not needed or asked for, time will be their enemy as with all things.

Thanks to everyone who has made being here that little easier and thanks also to everyone who has been rude, aggressive, ignorant and stupid; it is you who have made those good people seem all the more worth knowing.

Goodbye Gate Wars, it has been a long and interesting journey.

Let it never be said that this player was a part-timer!

-Goo, finally, no more.

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Dont go Goo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

at least make sure get your email addy pal. We got a party to plan :-D :-D
market mod speaking
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:You're assuming a hell of a lot. It's not a question of whether you like his character.
i made no assumptions. i raised a question that hasn't been answered properly yet. and i didn't say it was a question of whether i liked his character or not. you did by saying he should get a special thread because of his "unparallelled work on the forums or his character ingame"

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote: pretty much everyone is in debt to him, whether they know it or not.
see this is the sort of rubbish i hate, how the hell is everyone in debt to him?
the only one person that "everyone" could possibly be in debt to is Jason/forum for making the game.

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:I don't want to argue with you here.

yet you just managed to !!!
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

smooshable wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:Thanks for Modding the negative vibes Mods, it's true i would prefer a negative free sign off but in truth some people are bound to show disrespect. I can only hope they never have to attend a goodbye service for anyone nice. Or anyone at all for that matter.

I take great personal offence to you comparing your leaving this game (for the second time I might add) to a funeral. THAT is damn right disrespectful and I can not believe you just said that.

Excuse me? I believe you need to have your imagination take a back seat, you seem to be under some mild form of derangement. Who mentioned funerals?

Oh and Hammond, "Yes" is the answer to your questions, all of them. Will I be getting over myself anytime soon? I very much doubt it, you see, i'm fabulous, or hadn't you heard. Frankly Hammond, i truly hope that i make you sick ;) Cheerio now, run along, i think i hear your shriveled ego calling. I'm sure it's saying, "Please, get us out of this Goo thread! We can't take much more of His superiority complex!".

Clearly the minority cannot be ignored. I'm glad i can be both appreciated and loved by the masses, while also having bought myself a small but healthy anti-me faction. Enjoy not being able to effect my life in anyway at all guys ;)

Bryan.. forget what? I seem to have forgotten already. You to me are even lower than the ground, you are of even less importance in the grand scheme of things than this guy Hensenshi who i've already deftly expelled from my thread. Like i said to you earlier, i hope that shots of my ass serve you well.

To put a line under this whole "bad vibes" thing, (admittedly i love putting people down and i'm very adept at it too however i would like to continue with the good stuff) Hammond, you are quite correct in one thing.. none of any of htis would have happened without Jason/Admin BUT it is HIS JOB, he gets paid, he doesn't do it because of a passion or a vision or a "calling" he does it because he gets paid. I think alot of you could do with having a glimpse of the real person who actually IS Jason, a sometime friend of mine, in the amount specified by "some time" i gained quite a close bond with him, until i learned a truth of his personality and a revelation of his intentions. That is a personal thing and will not be discussed. Undercurrents of this story are to be found strategically everywhere, if you care to both read and READ BETWEEN THE LINES. If you care not, or not enough to comprehend, it is better that you remain "uninformed". Furthermore, and pertaining to the whole "cost of living" thing, you people in some small way or another contribute wholly and entirely to jason and his family and their life, you make him money. I won't be discussing how much as i have told countless people in countless conversations on msn, take it as academic, you earn him money. This is his job. The Moderation Team are volunteers, they (we) have worked tooth and nail belly and balls for 18 months to make this thing work, despite having idiots, hackers, ignorant s.o.b's and selfish scumbags to contend with. We've had to put up with all your stupid comments, pathetic threats, change our identities, have our identities traded about the place like a commodity and then be called upon to excuse why we both play and work for the site. You are sick people at times, very very sick, selfish individuals. Some of the Mod Team have not been treated so badly this is true, but to be honest and no disrespect for the exceptional work they do, it has always seemed to me as though the ransom on the supermod IDs is somehow scaled for assumed closeness to administration. The persons who have suffered the worst at the hands of others for desicions they made professionally for the betterment of the game include EnterTheLion, Psi and Myself. We have had to constant hotfoot in and out of IDs in order to try to keep you pathetic people happy and for what eh?

And for what.

Well, i'll tell you what you should be thanking me for Hammond of Texas, you should goddamn well thank me for sacrificing 18 months of my life, a happy stable relationship and a upwards mobile career. Sacrificed just so you could spout your disgraceful badgerings in my leaving thread. Go and take yourself for a long walk off a short plank mate, before you show more people how much of an ungrateful whelp you are.

Incidentally, you will also note this is the first time in 18 months that i have EVER ASKED for the slightest bit of recognition for my sacrifice. Unaccustomed as i am to profanity Hammond, i would really like to say somethings to you i would wish that others did not have to read.

GhostyGoo™ has never left the community before, so i don't know what you are talking about there. So many people deluded and deranged today. Must be the weather.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Final Fantasy: Yeah, I'm playing through 7 again because i just got that PSONE version with the added FMV, brilliant stuff. To actually see the Mako Cannon in action against "Weapon" was truly stunning. I'm also playing through 9 again because i gave Ruth the music to it and she loved the music so much that i had to let her play the story, she been in tears twice bless her, once when Queen Brahne was killed off and once when Vivi is talking about wanting to "stop".

I'll have this new phone ready asasp and i'll be posting certain ways you all can keep in touch with me, some in more direct ways than others. One thing is sure, the RepliVerse will be being worked upon more, perhaps leading to a site on it's own.

Appy, i'll see ya in two years time for the euro cup then uhuh :D
Last edited by GhostyGoo on Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Quitting....”