Ascended Updates/Suggestions: General Discussion

Suggest any improvements
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Re: So what is the problem?

Tekki wrote: it should still take -some- time to descend them and cost you - the descender - some effort.

time is the effort, and destroying a defence to allow the attack (which has to be 20x the def).

So anyway, increase in effort should bring along an increase in descension effects? Because lets face it when you descend someone in war time they either vac or just buckle down and do nothing until the 2 or so weeks are up, which i see as pointless.
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

stuff of legends wrote:
Tekki wrote: it should still take -some- time to descend them and cost you - the descender - some effort.

time is the effort, and destroying a defence to allow the attack (which has to be 20x the def).

So anyway, increase in effort should bring along an increase in descension effects? Because lets face it when you descend someone in war time they either vac or just buckle down and do nothing until the 2 or so weeks are up, which i see as pointless.

What's pointless about that? You get two weeks of them doing nothing in main which makes the war easier for you.

Or do you wnat descension to be permenant? LOL Never going to happen. If that happens you can say good bye to the game as everyone walks away.

CC- so what you are saying is that if they buy an account that has not been worked on, which is being descended all the time, then they have no chance to work on it. Or if they have not understood what is going on in ascension and thus now want to work on it, they STILL can't work on it because they are getting descended all the time. If you descend someone all the time, then they can't work on it and if that is the case, where is the incentive to work on it. What you are saying is that htey should have already worked on it.

Well sorry what should or should not have happened is not the question here, rather the question is what can be done to encourage people to work on their accounts. Not what can be done to punish them becuase they felt and still feel that ascension is a broken game that is not fixable because it was not complete when created and has had a patch work of alterations applied in an attempt to make it playable.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Tekki wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

What's pointless about that? You get two weeks of them doing nothing in main which makes the war easier for you.

Or do you wnat descension to be permenant? LOL Never going to happen. If that happens you can say good bye to the game as everyone walks away.

People are walking away from the game, there are hardly any new people to compensate.
Whats pointless about it? Apart from the no ending to wars, they all draw eventually anyway, you get two weeks of them doing nothing to make it easier for you to do what? War everyone else forever? Not exactly the most devastating of things (or even close) when it should be one of the worst, considering you build your account on ascended and attack them for hours on end just to do that.
Where did you get that idea of permanent descension from anyway? :-k A bit random...
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:
Robe wrote:
Borek wrote:it's true you can get "OK" in 6 months, i did it myself, but since the changes came in and people have been playing/farming a bit more it has been noticeably harder to do. Also worth noting that "OK" is not "Good" nor is it even close to Good.

So whats your point Borek?
Are you seriously suggesting that players who put little into their accounts should get great results?
It's still considerably easier to build a good or great account in ascended than it is in main.

The changes have finally made it possible to descend inactive accounts.
Active accounts still can't be be descended - All you have to do is log in to transfer life force.

No, what he's saying is that no matter how hard you work at it, you don't get to great in 6 months which is what a number of people have said. You get to okay by working but you can never catch up to the great in anything less than 2 years. And that's not 10 mins a day farming, that's constant watching for the best DMU hits.

The beauty of ascended is that if you work hard you can catch up a lot quicker than you can in main.

I know of numerous players that have worked hard and converted poor accounts into great accounts within a year.

That is much faster than main where you would need several years to fully ascend, build a mega MS and get Covert 38.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
beliblisk
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Resistance
ID: 68961

Em catching up in main to the big accs is just :?

...but in ascended atm you can easily get to decent levels very quickly in comparison to main.Personal levels at 800 and physical at 1500 are no dream in relatively short time of work.

With 6,401,820,330,144 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2994000 of Super Tadz's Covert Ops!

With 111,151,377,807,302 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 9330796 of EnterTheLion's Undercover Agents!

With 2,663,022,177,462 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 3840816 of Rube_Dragon's Covert Agents!

Considering the distance to travel, the enthusiasm of the troops for this battle, and the degree to which they were comfortable in their victory,and 8,880,526 Untrained Jaffa ware taken from the realm of XYZ.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:
HgE wrote:I only complaining about 1 issue:
Implementing in Ascended Server UPDATES that has not been Debate on this FORUM while for MAIN Server, we Debate First then we are implementing.

HgE, I agree, all updates - major ones anyway should be debated on the forum by the community. This doesn't always happen for main either though.

I agree with HgE and Tekki in that all major updates for Main and Ascended should be posted for discussion prior to being formally announced.

Lithium wrote:dude cuz he thinks all actives goes in irc meeting

A lot of discussions about minor changes happen at Admin meetings.

Forum staff used to (and should start again) posting copies of what is discussed at Admin meetings because not everyone can attend due to other commitments.

At the last meeting, Admin Jason asked attendees to start a thread here to discuss opportunities for improvement in the ascended server.

We thought the best starting point was to ask what everyone felt were the current were the problems in ascended so that could lead to brain storming new ideas for Admin Jason to review.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
EbilCC
Forum Addict

tekki did u read my actual post all of it

i suggested like 1/5 rule for decending only based on decendables and likely ToC so big tocs cant decend small or "People who dont be bothered" with ascened cant be decended to fast while the biger players can be decended at a normal rate and then the smaller tocs can only do the small ones in a minimum time

2nd as i said if they buy an account they buy what ascended is they know if it needs work or not and if they dont ask about ascended again there own choice with buying the account and there own fault for buying a good main with a bad ascended how can you not see that either way some people are noobs and make bad choices and must live with that

one person who is good at buying accounts lots is roket doesnt know how to play ascended but usually buys ascended accounts with main that arent "normally" decendable if roket can make good calls on that others can/should to

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

I would like to see ascended accounts that aren't linked to a main removed, not fair they can hit/decend ppl with no fear for their main based account..

i agree with femme,
it is quite easy to reach the average account level. as has been stated many times in a short period (4-5months).
i have done it with my account in the past.
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:The ascension server sucks and should be shut down..most find it boring like me while others (most too) dont have time to bother with it..so if something is done that would force an increase in activity for many working people or overall busy people..to further maintain thier accounts you will see even less people playing this game and the numbers will drop at a quicker pace..although this is a good idea..with the current state of the game it does not fit. Maybe another time.

I agree. Most people play it to do damage and not because its fun. Its a drag for most players that login just to make it so that they can stop playing (i.e. making the account undescendable) . My opinion is that if admin can't/won't make it fun it should be shut down and accounts made undescendable by nature not effort.
Bias Admin colour
Tekki
Forum Addict

Rottenking wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:sorry Tekki, but it doesn't take 2yrs to catch up.. its taken me about 6-7months to do it. (yes I do log in there every few hours a day though)

I would like to see ascended accounts that aren't linked to a main removed, not fair they can hit/decend ppl with no fear for their main based account..

i agree with femme,
it is quite easy to reach the average account level. as has been stated many times in a short period (4-5months).
i have done it with my account in the past.

I agree Rottenking, and if you'd actually read further, you have seen that I agreed and actually copied that post (the one where I agreed). I agree it's easy-ish to get an AVERAGE account, it's impossible to catch up to the great accounts.

Mittenz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:The ascension server sucks and should be shut down..most find it boring like me while others (most too) dont have time to bother with it..so if something is done that would force an increase in activity for many working people or overall busy people..to further maintain thier accounts you will see even less people playing this game and the numbers will drop at a quicker pace..although this is a good idea..with the current state of the game it does not fit. Maybe another time.

I agree. Most people play it to do damage and not because its fun. Its a drag for most players that login just to make it so that they can stop playing (i.e. making the account undescendable) . My opinion is that if admin can't/won't make it fun it should be shut down and accounts made undescendable by nature not effort.

Pet pet, that's all well and good but doesn't' address the problem. WHAT would make the server fun for you?
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Mittenz wrote:My opinion is that if admin can't/won't make it fun it should be shut down and accounts made undescendable by nature not effort.

What about the effort some people used in their accounts?
Ruin it all just because some people don't find it fun? :smt018

Ascended server probably needs some updates to appear more attractive, but shutting it down wouldn't be at *all* the solution.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

ok then people are saying 10-12 hours to be decended means being decended numbers are cut down. fine if that goes throught you shouldnt be able to refill all your max LF in one go u should only be able to refill one hit every 2.5 hours then as login for under a minute u can save yourselve when others have to spend half a day decending you

id rather the ascended be shut down now tha these changes its fun for me I put the work in and can have fun i have suggested ways to limit big TOC by implenting rule for planet sizes for TOC so big guys cant decend small players only other big account players

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

CC please dont post craps in 3 months i doubt u ve learned enough just coz there are old issues that prob u ve missed the discussions some years ago

to those that thinks in 3-4 months u can catchout with top accounts in ascended then they are wrong even in 1 year u cant catchup.
who did it is just cuz 90% of players there didnt botherd at all thats the key of catching.

i remember at least some 3-4 years ago that u d get massed pretty often for just a hit.

remove the connection between two servers and u ll see how ppl get massed
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Lithium wrote:CC please dont post craps in 3 months i doubt u ve learned enough just coz there are old issues that prob u ve missed the discussions some years ago

Speculative, prove it...

Lithium wrote:to those that thinks in 3-4 months u can catchout with top accounts in ascended then they are wrong even in 1 year u cant catchup. who did it is just cuz 90% of players there didnt botherd at all thats the key of catching.
you can catch up, more then likely more then 3-4 months, but you can, its a matter of determination. Higher Levels cost more, meaning that people with lower costs have an opportunity to catch up and then also be delayed.

Lithium wrote:i remember at least some 3-4 years ago that u d get massed pretty often for just a hit.
yup I remember this too, still happens from time to time.

Lithium wrote:remove the connection between two servers and u ll see how ppl get massed
this connection you speak of is due to the players themselves. People taking ascended actions to main, their choice to make, personally I think its silly since growth and income are retarded high in ascended.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Iƒrit wrote:
Lithium wrote:CC please dont post craps in 3 months i doubt u ve learned enough just coz there are old issues that prob u ve missed the discussions some years ago

Speculative, prove it...
Lithium wrote:to those that thinks in 3-4 months u can catchout with top accounts in ascended then they are wrong even in 1 year u cant catchup. who did it is just cuz 90% of players there didnt botherd at all thats the key of catching.
you can catch up, more then likely more then 3-4 months, but you can, its a matter of determination. Higher Levels cost more, meaning that people with lower costs have an opportunity to catch up and then also be delayed.
Lithium wrote:i remember at least some 3-4 years ago that u d get massed pretty often for just a hit.
yup I remember this too, still happens from time to time.
Lithium wrote:remove the connection between two servers and u ll see how ppl get massed
this connection you speak of is due to the players themselves. People taking ascended actions to main, their choice to make, personally I think its silly since growth and income are retarded high in ascended.
There's a 'physical' connection between Main and Ascended, due to your status on Ascended having an effect on your Main account. This goes beyond mere user inflammability.

Return to “Suggestions”