Game of Thrones

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

Re: Game of Thrones

Just started watching thanks for the tip!!
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

It probably helped for the role that we'd seen him in the role of "lord Vetinari" in the discworld movie "going postal". A highly methodical ruler who has his own ways of doing things.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Do not be so angry, Semper. The WoT series was amazing. [-(
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Perhaps.. but not when compared to masterpieces such as GoT (SOIF) or LOTR.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Semper wrote:Perhaps.. but not when compared to masterpieces such as GoT (SOIF) or LOTR.

Lord of the Rings doesn't have **Filtered** on Wheel of Time.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Lord of the rings is far better. of course, papa tolkien was somewhat of the belief that girls don't exist below the neck, but still, he did make excellent stories... (try counting up how many girl hobbits there are... girl mind you, not baby/toddler or grown-up matrons... You know, the stages between those...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Zeratul wrote:Lord of the rings is far better. of course, papa tolkien was somewhat of the belief that girls don't exist below the neck, but still, he did make excellent stories... (try counting up how many girl hobbits there are... girl mind you, not baby/toddler or grown-up matrons... You know, the stages between those...)

I disagree, but this is based around the movies and not the books. So my opinion could differ, however comparing the two universes based on that observation - Wheel of Time is far better.

I forgot to mention - Sauron's power could decimate everything simply by wearing the ring. Just remember that Semper. :-$
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I've not read GoT books....I want to read them all as a set, so I may be waiting a while.

As for the merits of WoT and LoTR - LoTR trumps WoT everyday for me. I think both could have used a much better editor in terms of style/length/repetition, etc, but in terms of plots LoTR and its accompanying backstory is far more compelling for me.

Problem with WoT are the huge amounts of inconsistencies - balefire undoing a person's history?! Things like Rand whining what the kings are doing near Camelyn for three books instead of popping over and asking them?! Lan apparently travelling across country for three books?! Forsaken dying only to then be brought back to life?!

Don't get me wrong, there are bits/characters of WoT that I absolutely love. But when taken as a whole, he seems to just ramble from one thing to another with no overall coherence...whereas Tolkien weaved a whole history far more compellingly...

*hides*
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

RepliMagni wrote:I've not read GoT books....I want to read them all as a set, so I may be waiting a while.

As for the merits of WoT and LoTR - LoTR trumps WoT everyday for me. I think both could have used a much better editor in terms of style/length/repetition, etc, but in terms of plots LoTR and its accompanying backstory is far more compelling for me.

Problem with WoT are the huge amounts of inconsistencies - balefire undoing a person's history?! Things like Rand whining what the kings are doing near Camelyn for three books instead of popping over and asking them?! Lan apparently travelling across country for three books?! Forsaken dying only to then be brought back to life?!

Don't get me wrong, there are bits/characters of WoT that I absolutely love. But when taken as a whole, he seems to just ramble from one thing to another with no overall coherence...whereas Tolkien weaved a whole history far more compellingly...

*hides*

Balefire completely erases the person's existence. There are many lives, and in each life that person lives again just in another form with no prior memories but they aspire to the previous life.

I do not believe Rand had discovered traveling until later in the series, so he could not understand what the people were doing near Camelyn. As well as it would progress his "illness", if you will, further if he jumps like that constantly.

I do not remember Lan traveling across country for three books..?

The Forsaken dying and coming back to life is obvious considering he has transcended death itself. Example being..

The Dark One is the oldest and most powerful force of evil in all worlds, and although one might assume that he is the source of all evil, it is suggested that he intensifies the evil feelings of humans, as well as giving new motives for malignant, lowly, or simply chaotic acts. He is said to have been imprisoned by the Creator at the beginning of time, and has sought ever since to break free of his prison and break the Wheel of Time and remake the world according to his image and purpose.

As for the next book, it is in it's final stages. The middle of the series rambled on, true, but with the addition to Brandon Sanderon's writing it gave it a better edge. It lessened the rambling, and intensified the action.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Noobert wrote:
Semper wrote:Perhaps.. but not when compared to masterpieces such as GoT (SOIF) or LOTR.

Lord of the Rings doesn't have **Filtered** on Wheel of Time.

Yeah but you would say that because you're an anime lover and they do all that repetitive over powered waste of time nonsense that WoT does amazingly well too. They all have merits but WoT is just a bloated fantasy version of DBZ to put it simply.

As for Sauron. IF he wore the ring.. he was a god manifested in the physical.. the point being IF. Tolkein doesn't go there because it's ridiculous. Where as RJ does go there with Rand and that's what makes it ridiculous.. not only that but we also have access to the Dark One, the fallen and the creator who are all suped up powerful too.. and Matt is far from a pushover too. LOTR you've got Sauron and if you read the Similarrion you've got Morgoth, who had the power but didn't use it.. hell he was pwned by lowly elves pretty much and Sauron was hammered by men! Everyone else with that level of army decimating single handedly powers were not on the same chess board.

The power was realistic with flaws.. in WoT they had the whole corruption thing to deal with but Super-Rand takes the taint away. :roll:

WoT just is the Japanese anime of fantasy literature. Repetition, over-powered heroes and villians decimating semantics to seem more awesome than reason gives way for. Why does the creator imprision the Dark one rather than just kill it? To preserve evil? Isn't there evil without an evil boss... #-o Anime's good for mindless fun but for books it's mere hokum. No wonder you like it Naruto. XD
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Tolkiens elves were once far greater than in the LotR. As time passed, they grew less powerful.
Wielding the ring, Sauron could obviously crush any elf of the third era. It is more questionable whether he could have defeated any elf of the caliber of Fingolfin... But then, Fingolfin scared even Morgoth...

Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

Cant stand LOTR ths ish way better!! Closer to rome than anything else. Did have a dam art lecturer that would quote everything to LOTR so that prob doesn't help but hey I rebeled and gots meh self a warning. meeh I still hold the record.
Psyko
The Irresistible

17 DAYS!
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Psyko wrote:17 DAYS!
:smt081 Dragonzzz!
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

dragons, fights and hot chicks :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “The TV room”