Tournament 17: Plague!

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
son goku
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Jon

Re: Tournament 17: Plague!

Great tournament :D ... I got 2 billion planets on exit :o
Care free wherever we may be! We are the famous CFC!

Sol
Forum Addict

Frans wrote:

Code: Select all

Time Spent in Arena	You 318,800 seconds	Global 15,302,516 seconds
I still happen to be in the arena. I'm going to shoot for 345,600 seconds before I call it quits over sheer boredom.
Hit me up when you have chosen the next tourney.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
frans
Forum Grunt

Sol wrote:
Frans wrote:

I still happen to be in the arena. I'm going to shoot for 345,600 seconds before I call it quits over sheer boredom.
Before I make a choice, I would like to confirm what my options are. I know of race war, deathmatch, and plague. Deathmatch, of course, has both the team and solo variants. But from what I hear plague is out of the question for this win. So that leaves the deathmatch variants and race war.

Concerning deathmatch, what advantage is there with team over solo? I know that you have the pair up functionality, and you get logs and everything, but how does the winner get chosen and rewards given out? If a single team of two or more is all that remains in the end, how does that get dealt with? Also, the last(and one time, I think) I played teams, each team member was limited to a subset of the total different ways of attacking and interacting with the enemy. I am not a fan of this.

It would be interesting if there are any new types of tournaments you have in development, or if there are any interesting ways to spice things up. Personally, I enjoyed plague the last three times I played it, and would love to see some time in the future an inverted variant of it.
Sol
Forum Addict

Frans wrote:
Sol wrote:
Frans wrote:

Before I make a choice, I would like to confirm what my options are. I know of race war, deathmatch, and plague. Deathmatch, of course, has both the team and solo variants. But from what I hear plague is out of the question for this win. So that leaves the deathmatch variants and race war.

Concerning deathmatch, what advantage is there with team over solo? I know that you have the pair up functionality, and you get logs and everything, but how does the winner get chosen and rewards given out? If a single team of two or more is all that remains in the end, how does that get dealt with? Also, the last(and one time, I think) I played teams, each team member was limited to a subset of the total different ways of attacking and interacting with the enemy. I am not a fan of this.

It would be interesting if there are any new types of tournaments you have in development, or if there are any interesting ways to spice things up. Personally, I enjoyed plague the last three times I played it, and would love to see some time in the future an inverted variant of it.
Race War, death match, team death match and this mysterious thing I haven't made yet.
the winner is the winning team, rewards are the same for each team member. God of the arena is rewarded to the last person standing (one person only ofc).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

If the final team has....say two people in it
With everyone else killed, how does the title get awarded then?

Do they turn on each other?
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Antz wrote:If the final team has....say two people in it
With everyone else killed, how does the title get awarded then?

Do they turn on each other?
in the last team event the original team leader was the one that got the main prize (ie the butcher)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
IFLuX
Forum Elite

it should be to the guy who did the most killing =D>
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Sol
Forum Addict

Leader gets the butcher. If there are two people left it randomly selects a winner for the title
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frans
Forum Grunt

I think my first choice would be this mysterious thing you mentioned. How long of a wait are we looking at here for this option?

Otherwise, my second choice would be team deathmatch. As stated before, I have a strong opinion against it from when I last played it, but I'm quite willing to give it another try. That said, I might be willing to change my mind to race war if a strong enough argument could be made.
Sol
Forum Addict

New one...i onno, probably ETA a week on that.
Up to you, I couldn't care less between race war and TDM.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frans
Forum Grunt

A week is hardly a wait at all. Otherwise TDM if no one manages to convince me otherwise.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Would be great to have a full server ( with the opt out button ) race war again.

Those pesky Ori have held the 'supreme race' title too long...

Lots of variation in defences, account size, little bit of something for everyone.. Would you try to kill as many as possible, or hide out in the lower rankings for as long as possible :P

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict

I may do a server RW, but put active people in it, then freeze income outside xD, and still let people opt out.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haha, make the 'Supreme Race' a title that can be taken by regular serverwide racewars. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict

;).

Ok choice Frans?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Tournament Discussion”