The End of An Era

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

GhostyGoo wrote:
Oh and Hammond, "Yes" is the answer to your questions,

well the question i raised was why is this thread more important than the other leaving threads?
and your awswer to that is yes? that makes even less sence than the other replies.

Good to see you are as on top of whats being said on the forum as you ever where.

GhostyGoo wrote:think i hear your shriveled ego calling.

why would my ego be effected by you miss-using your forum ability's.
i didn't make a leaving thread.

GhostyGoo wrote: Enjoy not being able to effect my life in anyway at all guys ;)

is that supposed to be some kind of snappy brush off? seriously i would be upset if it did effect your life. i would fully expect it not to do so.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Hammond of Texas wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:You're assuming a hell of a lot. It's not a question of whether you like his character.
i made no assumptions. i raised a question that hasn't been answered properly yet. and i didn't say it was a question of whether i liked his character or not. you did by saying he should get a special thread because of his "unparallelled work on the forums or his character ingame"

No, you've misread me. You suggested I liked his character and that's why he deserves all this. Whether someone is liked or not has little bearing on their importance.

Hammond of Texas wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote: pretty much everyone is in debt to him, whether they know it or not.
see this is the sort of rubbish i hate, how the hell is everyone in debt to him?
the only one person that "everyone" could possibly be in debt to is Jason/forum for making the game.

As you know, Forum is the sole creator and administrator of this game. As you should also know, alot of the updates he makes are based upon player's suggestions. In a very real way, you would not be playing the same game you are now if Ste was never around.

Beyond that, it was his character and ingame presence, (again) like it or not, that influenced a lot of practices that happen in this game.

Do you forget the forum? Do you realise how much work it entails keeping it tidy for people like you? There's a lot of things that have had to be done that the public don't know about but I'm really grateful that Ste was there to do them, cos I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to.

As I said, I do not want to argue these points here and clutter up Ste's thread but I will not allow people to besmirch his honour by denying his contributions that they are enjoying, whether you know it or not.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

*sigh*

A last ditched word of advice Hammond... when you read this and that silly little finger of yours itches and hovers over the reply button, stop. Think. Does my opinion really matter? Does anyone in this thread really care about what i have to say? Am i making myself look stupid?

Now, in the 2 mins it takes you to reply you could change your whole life. Stop. Think. Do the right thing. Just say no.

Replying to me, infectious isn't it? That's my personality Hammond, you just can't help yourself can you, go ahead, prove me right, reply.. reply... reply...
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
MS!
Fledgling Forumer

GhostyGoo wrote:*sigh*

A last ditched word of advice Hammond... when you read this and that silly little finger of yours itches and hovers over the reply button, stop. Think. Does my opinion really matter? Does anyone in this thread really care about what i have to say? Am i making myself look stupid?

Now, in the 2 mins it takes you to reply you could change your whole life. Stop. Think. Do the right thing. Just say no.

I have to say i think Hammond is right on most things he has said reading this thread and hasnt made himself look stupid atall :P
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

ok i will
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

GhostyGoo wrote:Well, i'll tell you what you should be thanking me for Hammond of Texas, you should goddamn well thank me for sacrificing 18 months of my life, a happy stable relationship and a upwards mobile career.
well if you sacrificed all that for a game then you are the fool i thought you were.

oh and before you start moaning about insults, let me just point out that you brought it to this level.
GhostyGoo wrote:Go and take yourself for a long walk off a short plank mate, before you show more people how much of an ungrateful whelp you are.
compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

This is the second saddest day I have experience with relation to you and this game, and that only hours after I sent you my latest skemings...

You have been not only my best SGW friend, but my best online friend as well and even though we had times of little contact, knowing you were still here always made it a better place to be and game to play.

I'll not say goodbye though, instead I'll keep your place for when you return, even if I wait until the heat death has taken us all...
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Compmage, you reached into a very dark place to not only find me, but also pull me back into the light. You know exactly what i mean and I won't ever forget it.

It's not going to be goodbye for you and I, i have plans about things that don't involve Gate Wars which i would like you to be a part of, aside from that i could never knowingly lose you as a friend now that we have been thrown together so closely!

I'm back home just now and trying to sort out a few loose ends. I should have my CRB check through the post soon and hopefully (as long as they are not going to hold me to account for wearing that huge BMW logo when i was a Beastie Boys fan) it should give me the "all clear" i need to begin working again in the social care sector.

Anyhoo, i'll be around about over the weekend, possibly having an online beer or two on saturday evening, if you are about i'll say hello. I'm still using the old repligator_5th address until i say otherwise.

Oh yeah, rofl, some people are still worrying that I havent given them my new addy, don't worry! ...i havent changed email addresses yet. Feel free to contact me by email, my PM box here is verging on 98% full.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

well i dont really know wat to say :cry:

first true leader i meet ingame :cry:

the first sole person to be feared ingame with ur spy lvls... :cry:

..... :smt022

well we've had out ups and downs ste, but i've always liked u and respected u. If u think u have to leave the game... then gd luck with the future and who knows i might possibly see u when nuto comes to england ;)
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Ergh, we should meet up for a pint before then mate. Heh, my funniest memory of you was thinking that you actualy looked like "Kawalski", having never seen a single episode of SG-1 rofl.

I'll let you have my phone number as soon as i get it. Cheers for the good wishes.

...i was quite fearsome wasn't i rofl. How much of a far cry it is now from when the only two people in the game to have covert 16 were myself and ELUSIVE.

Hammond of Texas wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:Well, i'll tell you what you should be thanking me for Hammond of Texas, you should goddamn well thank me for sacrificing 18 months of my life, a happy stable relationship and a upwards mobile career.
well if you sacrificed all that for a game then you are the fool i thought you were.

That really does just speak volumes about how ignorant and selfish this guy really and truly is. Shameless, indeed. What you are failing to understand is that i didn't sacrifice any of it for a game, i sacrificed it because i believed in someone, i no longer believe in that person.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

yeah u asked my one day if that was me with the glowing eyes... i thought u were taking the piss lol,

u have been probably the most powerful person in that respect in that before lvl 10 mind u, u had 2 lvls higher than everyone else, there wasnt massings coz not enough turns or time in the game and sab's were unlimited... lol..
no can beat that coz u were untouchable back then ;)

lol we should get the old school OoC gang together... and invite wolfie coz he was a laugh with his non aggression treaty in the morning and war in the afternoon lol

but yeah definitely going to see u and get u drunk ;) ..... i have way too many drinking games.... highlights of uni :p
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri

GhostyGoo wrote:Ergh, we should meet up for a pint before then mate. Heh, my funniest memory of you was thinking that you actualy looked like "Kawalski", having never seen a single episode of SG-1 rofl.

I'll let you have my phone number as soon as i get it. Cheers for the good wishes.

...i was quite fearsome wasn't i rofl. How much of a far cry it is now from when the only two people in the game to have covert 16 were myself and ELUSIVE.

Hammond of Texas wrote:

That really does just speak volumes about how ignorant and selfish this guy really and truly is. Shameless, indeed. What you are failing to understand is that i didn't sacrifice any of it for a game, i sacrificed it because i believed in someone, i no longer believe in that person.

Elusive is back btw :)

Best wishes my friend. You and I go back...the game is not a bright as it once was.......:(:(
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Savings Account
Forum Irregular
Race: Saver
ID: 1964218

GhostyGoo wrote:
Final Fantasy: Yeah, I'm playing through 7 again because i just got that PSONE version with the added FMV, brilliant stuff. To actually see the Mako Cannon in action against "Weapon" was truly stunning. I'm also playing through 9 again because i gave Ruth the music to it and she loved the music so much that i had to let her play the story, she been in tears twice bless her, once when Queen Brahne was killed off and once when Vivi is talking about wanting to "stop". :D

Ah, Bisto!

Mako Cannon versus Diamond Weapon... *reminisces* Tragic for the silverbacked maestro wasn't it :lol: That one really wasn't a scratch on Ruby, or Emerald for that matter. You could put him in the same box as Ultimate Weapon, as the ones that got a yee old can of whoopass laid down on them (unless of course you managed to beat the Emerald and Ruby ;)) The whole game is magic, truly. I won't forget how you fed me, the proverbial 'junkie' with a wholesome fix that was Advent Children, by posting it to me - that was awesome! ^_^. The whole thing was in Jap, and the first time I saw it I was drunk! Made perfect sense though, of course lol ;)

Glad to hear too that you're reliving FF9 as well, that's my favourite of them all. There's something about it, that takes it up above the others, maybe because it combines, so well, the rest of the series into one game. You should keep an eye out for all the references to other games in it ;) Then there is Mr Ornitier, yes, little Vivi. Reminds me of you a little bit, mysterious, always, and quite passive until provoked :P Might have to get me a PSOne, or 2, just to relive the series myself :)

I'm glad to hear Ruth likes the music, always been a fan of the FF7 Piano Classics myself, the Aeris theme and such :D I haven't had much chance to talk to her lately, but when I do, she still seems to be the vibrant and witty person that she was at the BBQ. Would you give her my love if you see her face to face anytime soon please? Would be appreciated.

Ste (Reaper) has the 16th booked for another installment of the trademark Goo party'age as you no doubt know, so I hope to see you there. If that phone number comes in, drop me an email, and I'll give you a missed call from mine so there are no more forum based, text like frivolties that are forum goodbyes/tributes HERE ;) It's good to see that you are taking control, with regards to getting away from here, as a greater good for you personally. You'll be missed sorely here, those who know you will never forget you. I certainly won't anyway, and who knows what the future holds. ;)

New Account Fund - total savings to date - 140T
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

GhostyGoo wrote:
Hammond of Texas wrote:

i didn't sacrifice any of it for a game, i sacrificed it because i believed in someone, i no longer believe in that person.
ok so now you sacrificed all that because you believed in someone.

and why should i thank you for that.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri

Red XIII wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:
Final Fantasy: Yeah, I'm playing through 7 again because i just got that PSONE version with the added FMV, brilliant stuff. To actually see the Mako Cannon in action against "Weapon" was truly stunning. I'm also playing through 9 again because i gave Ruth the music to it and she loved the music so much that i had to let her play the story, she been in tears twice bless her, once when Queen Brahne was killed off and once when Vivi is talking about wanting to "stop". :D

Ah, Bisto!

Mako Cannon versus Diamond Weapon... *reminisces* Tragic for the silverbacked maestro wasn't it :lol: That one really wasn't a scratch on Ruby, or Emerald for that matter. You could put him in the same box as Ultimate Weapon, as the ones that got a yee old can of whoopass laid down on them (unless of course you managed to beat the Emerald and Ruby ;)) The whole game is magic, truly. I won't forget how you fed me, the proverbial 'junkie' with a wholesome fix that was Advent Children, by posting it to me - that was awesome! ^_^. The whole thing was in Jap, and the first time I saw it I was drunk! Made perfect sense though, of course lol ;)

Glad to hear too that you're reliving FF9 as well, that's my favourite of them all. There's something about it, that takes it up above the others, maybe because it combines, so well, the rest of the series into one game. You should keep an eye out for all the references to other games in it ;) Then there is Mr Ornitier, yes, little Vivi. Reminds me of you a little bit, mysterious, always, and quite passive until provoked :P Might have to get me a PSOne, or 2, just to relive the series myself :)

I'm glad to hear Ruth likes the music, always been a fan of the FF7 Piano Classics myself, the Aeris theme and such :D I haven't had much chance to talk to her lately, but when I do, she still seems to be the vibrant and witty person that she was at the BBQ. Would you give her my love if you see her face to face anytime soon please? Would be appreciated.

Ste (Reaper) has the 16th booked for another installment of the trademark Goo party'age as you no doubt know, so I hope to see you there. If that phone number comes in, drop me an email, and I'll give you a missed call from mine so there are no more forum based, text like frivolties that are forum goodbyes/tributes HERE ;) It's good to see that you are taking control, with regards to getting away from here, as a greater good for you personally. You'll be missed sorely here, those who know you will never forget you. I certainly won't anyway, and who knows what the future holds. ;)

My two favorites in the series are FFIV and FFVI. The music and story lines are the best in my opinion. Though FF7 remains a favorite.

I accept all copies of FF Music thru email.......cough cough

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.

Return to “Quitting....”