Tauri introductions and Q & A

All Tauri and Tollan discussion
LBWMTE- D4rk S1de
Forum Expert

Hello everybody, I'm a noob in this section (not in the others) just became tauri (ranked about 700 now!) So Hello All :D . (and yes I do love the guy who likes wolf 359)
Cant be bothered logging in with my full name- so i shortened it :D
Tok`ra wrote:[voice=spidey]My sarcasm senses are tingeling![/voice]
Heaven Seeker
Forum Irregular
ID: 53537

Hello All,

How you're well.

I'm really new at this. So any advice would be great.

Cheers

Heaven Seeker
The Xeno
n00b prophet
ID: 0

Other than becoming a rep? :)
You must understand these tauri are not given to posting.

1. Work on your UP it is 'the' most vital component to the game
2. Get a good commander (someone who gives at least 500K+/turn)
The higher your UP the better a commander you can find. (look in recruitment section)
3. Work on your UP some more.
4. Once you have about 20K UU start really working on your defense. (I am assuming that you have had a defense, just not a big one)
5. WHile your working on defense get some spy levels and work on your covert (not anti-covert) power. You don't need to worry about your attack power so much as 1 mill attack power can still haul in 70millnaq now and then.

Ask your commander questions. And by the time you reach #5 you should be pretty competent with the game.
Heaven Seeker
Forum Irregular

Hey Noob King,

Thanks for the Advise.

Regards

Heaven Seeker
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Sorry that alot of us Tauri don't post that much here. We have our hideouts...Anyway, good luck with the game and I hope your realm will rise through the ranks.

Note: Rank is not important until you have a high up and a strong defense and covert.

Only worry about rank when the only thing left you have to work on is your attack. Being in the top 1000 might feel great, but the most important thing is to get to 500 or so where the g&r start (thats for ascension and is way down the road for you).
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Heaven Seeker
Forum Irregular

Hello centauri Prime,

Thank you for your advise.

You know when you raid, how do I get the untrained units?

Regards

Heaven Seeker
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Your battle log will tell you how many units you managed to raid.

They are automatically added to your account.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Heaven Seeker
Forum Irregular

Hey Wolf,

Everytime I raid I never get any units. Am I doing something wrong?
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord

Love Bad Wolf Lots'n Lots wrote:(and yes I do love the guy who likes wolf 359)

Nice post, :lol:
The Xeno
n00b prophet

Everytime I raid I never get any units. Am I doing something wrong?

These tauri just don't know how to answer questions :P

When you raid someone you take a small percent (1-2) of their Untrained Units (Not miners). It is most likly that the person you raided had all their UU trained into miners. Usualy you will want to raid only those ppl with 20K+ units (and thats the bare minimum).
Tenkari
Forum Grunt

Yo, Gatewars newbie here. and yes I'm a Tauri. I just joined yesterday, Bought myself basic supporter status already just to give myself a boost, since I could, and the funny thing is, within a minute of me getting supporter status, Someone goes and declares war on me! That had me chuckling, especially since they couldn't attack me for another 48 hour anyway, which helps me since i can raise covert and defense now. If nothing else, I'll just get more PPT if i still need time to beef up.

I have one question. do Miners(Lifers) affect Naq production more than a normal UU?
Raxor

Tenkari wrote:Yo, Gatewars newbie here. and yes I'm a Tauri. I just joined yesterday, Bought myself basic supporter status already just to give myself a boost, since I could, and the funny thing is, within a minute of me getting supporter status, Someone goes and declares war on me! That had me chuckling, especially since they couldn't attack me for another 48 hour anyway, which helps me since i can raise covert and defense now. If nothing else, I'll just get more PPT if i still need time to beef up.

I have one question. do Miners(Lifers) affect Naq production more than a normal UU?

Just posting now. I am a bit troubled about that myself. I have been training ALL my untrained. Recently I've been duming a wackload into miners(lifers). My naq is going up, but I am thinking of experimenting over the next couple days. I will keep you posted as to my findings if no one else replies.
Raxor

It seems to me that untrained bring in more naq than miners. I did not do the nittygritty math but there has been a large increase in my naq production by just not assigning my new untraineds.
The Xeno
n00b prophet

When getting into a new game it always helps to read the updates:
update wrote:Miners generate 80 Naq/turn each. They are trained from untrained. 10% of those trained will become 'lifers' - forever banished to the mines (ie they are untrainable). The remaining can be untrained. On launch, everyone had their untrained converted to miners (no lifers).

Update wrote: (Untrained).....units, no longer the 'chosen ones' for gaining resources, have grown lazy and resentful when forced to mine, and will gain 20 Naq/Turn each.

Miners make much more than UU and can't be raided.
Try not to leave UU lying around, they could be boosting your defense, covert, or TIP.
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

yeah, I have a question. For the unique... "thing", I guess, tech, whatever... anyway, its this - Unique Rapid Evacuation Technology &
Advanced Rapid Evacuation Technology. How do they work exactly? I just don't get it... my battle log's don't seem any different

Return to “Tauri/ Tollan”