a realisation...

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Krahe
Fledgling Forumer

a realisation...

Over the past couple months as I've really started exploring the ascended development server and with wars in main, I've increasingly come accross the biggest flaw this game has. Alot of damage can be done to someone while they are offline, often without any sort of notice or way for them to defend themselves, and on ascended, without them knowing who it was who did it, and with very little or no damage done to the aggressor.

But at the same time, wars are a joke. the aggressor sells their defences and untrains their spies and the defenders lose their defence weapons and lose a bunch of spies, then the 2 sides farm eachother until one gives in or both give in.

This game has been out for over 2 and a half years and there are still soo many flaws. Every update assists those in the top 2 percent instead of the rest of the game who struggles along under the top 2 percent's domination. Once long ago there was thousands of people playing. Now, theres countless numbers of dormant accounts, just getting farmed and raided.
The ascended server is a joke, a few put in the time to learn it early on and now dominate it with lower ranked people unable to do anything. Someone could be massively attacked, drop in rank and then be unable to attack back.

All of this has led me to the realisation that this game sucks! There is no point in playing the game unless you like to hurt people. I for one am fed up and refuse to play anymore. To those poor souls who actually spent money on this game, there are hundreds of games which are infinitely better. There are even games that don't punish you for having a life!

I would say it was a good 2 years, but most of the people I met on this game were vengeful or stupid teenagers who got smacked around for being stupid, then continued being stupid. There was some nice people, quite a few people I knew in DDE were nice, then again there was some pricks in there as well. Omega was full of pricks, and had some nice guys in it too.

The forums and chat rooms should be anonymously mod'd. While I was modding the chat room there was tons of people threatening to mass me for kicking them for legitimate reasons. I even had someone threaten to kill me for kicking them. For some reason they didn't get permanently banned for life even though the senior mod (Xavier) observed it and banned them as well. Only god knows how much this continues throughout both mediums unchecked... I expect this to be taken down within the hour... oh well, to those lucky few who get to read it, move on to games and to life activities which arent a complete waste of your time...
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: a realisation...

:?
OK. Thanx. Bye.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Sephiroth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Spartan Group Omega
Race: Project MJOLNIR
ID: 117

actually some of the flaws are why i like the game, if you fix every thing thats wrong then there will be no dominination, and i like domination. the game has survived cause its addicting and people keep coming back for more so until it crashes we really dont have to worry about it plus this is a FREE game so it doesnt have to be perfect

xXxHonourxXx
Exit
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient
ID: 34350

Wrong in so many ways... where to begin...
"I believe it because it is absurd."
[Exit's Signature Shop]
kinnell
Fledgling Forumer

The only thing I agree with is: the inactivity. Those who have not logged in for a month should automatically be put in vacation mode until they re-log in.

This way, the active need to farm/raid the active. It will screw up the new players, but it will slow us bigger players too who, like me, can raid circa 1 mill per day off of inactive players.

Other than that, domination is GOOOD. =)
Sephiroth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Spartan Group Omega
Race: Project MJOLNIR
ID: 117

agreed

xXxHonourxXx
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Inactivity issue, okay, agreed.
Otherwise:
Lucky Starr wrote::?
OK. Thanx. Bye.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

complete and utter nonsense. It is the noobs who benefit from all the recent updates and you still complain.

Good bye, nobody is going to miss you.

Can a mod move this to quitting or spam or where ever?
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

HairyMehoff
Forum Expert

I'm guessing you are all experienced players that are dissing this guy?
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

There are some valid points there, but he`s a bit on the dramatic side heh...

Thoe I will say you`re off as far as ascended and updates only favoring big guys is concerned... I never touched ascended (literarry a couple of k planets in 1.5 year heh) upto the last update - one fat ascension and 3 months later I`m ranked in the low 60s with decent levels and able to tango with anybody... So atleast ascended updates have been good to us little guys ;P
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

HairyMehoff wrote:I'm guessing you are all experienced players that are dissing this guy?

Not really.. more like people with a larger frame of reference, resulting in a more unbiased perspective on (most of) the matter discussed.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

shoo...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Blackburn
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ω Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 90384

I guess this guy never had succes, so he blames the game.

Bye.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Meh I think he is pretty much spot on, the game is stupid, crap most of the time.

Top %%% ARE unreachable on both servers, some are just 2 far ahead to catch, unless of coarse taking his other point into account, you smash them then go low ranked, you can ask HE how that works if you need some detail (hahaha).

Anyways Ithink that most of his point are correct so there!!!
Avitir
Forum Regular
Alliance: In one.

You also normally find that the aggressors don't have enough time to untrain defences and spies when conducting first strikes and if they do then they are silly for a number of reasons most notably flying blind when hitting enemies and allowing the enemy to see them easier and secondly it is then easy to Sab ones strike weapons if you do.

Also most players have Super Defenders that cannot be untrained and if you keep your defence up you at least as you are taken down take a lot of their army and naq with you.

Return to “StarGateWars General”