Word Filter

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Word Filter

[TO]Magni wrote:I swear all the time in RL - but on here you have the time to think about what you're posting and come up with something which better expresses what you want to say....so why do people need to swear on here? Most swear words don't really express anything or mean anything - you could insult someone much more effectively using different words.

Lets face it, the f word isn't bad....in fact it actually describes something I'd rather be doing right now than sitting at my laptop....it is just the context you use it in, and society which has seen it as a taboo....at the end of the day, rape should be a banned word before the f word, because rape describes a much worse act than the f word.....but society hasn't deemed it so....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

The word God is not up for discussion.

God damit is.

No one is attempting ot police or over police the vocabulary of anyone. This is an open discussion as some words on the filter I don't understand and some I can't understand why they are not there.

Please don't try to make this something its not. Just discuss what it is.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

I use to post at a forum(i was forum a whhore had over 25000 posts excluding spam LMAO) where they would change F u c k to fruit, C o c k to carumba and lots of others, it was great because when people went to swear a post that was like

it would change:

'f u c k yourself you c o c k h e a d go w h o r e somewhere else we dont need a s s h o l e s like you, onto the p e n i s you go!'

to(take the spaces out of the swear words):

'fruit yourself you carumbaface go nice girl somewhere else we dont need kermitholes like you, onto the cleaner you go!'
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Mordack wrote:Anybody whose offended by the word 'b1tch' is a **Filtered**.

:? okay? And that means?

starry~*
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

Monkey is a racial slur :?

And we had 1 up on that keaton, TA forums, i cant remember who it was changed many words to various things, and they were commonly used words, such as it, a, and, etc etc :P was a fun/hard forum to read that day :lol:
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert
ID: 1949343

im glad everyone has taken an intrest in this i happen to love this topic.

yes i just realized as you where saying it that monkey is a racial slurr, thx for pointing it out.

i agree wiht geisha the single word should not be banned but the phrase god damn it.

i also agree the masking is not(not really big) an issue becasue it is aginst the rules

@ss is also a mask
You have started playing 30. August 2005.
MSN:Josh_COM@msn.com
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

i dont want to say something cause dadigi will give me a warning
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
repli**cator
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: SOLO
Race: RepliTiMaster
ID: 65108
Alternate name(s): makanko
~mak~

A-hole?

well yeh i agree masking should be a warning...that might tone it down in here...
i'm not saying i'm completely against profanity...but i like to see some parts of forum cleaner...
and i dislike people saying you have to use profanity to 'be' someone on a forum or if you're against it you're just a loser or stuff like that...
imo if it's the rules, just obey them ... what kind of respect are you looking after by going against "the forum rules" lol
i agree when ppl say o well it's only a forum and stuff like "welcome to life" but that doesn't mean everything in here should end in profanity, learning how to use it via forum is not a way of learning how to "survive" in the outside world
POWER to the repli/nanoti !
Role Playing
"Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"
Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Meth wrote:i dont want to say something cause dadigi will give me a warning

your wit is astounding, you must be the beacon of innovation in your village.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert

i dont think you woudl get introubel for masking casue that is a part of this thread atm but then again im not a mod
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Some of the masking here really isnt necissary, but for discussion sake I'm letting it slid since this is my thread and a discussion on the forum rule. It will be cleaned or dumped later after it is discussed.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

I think the word **Filtered** and other forms **Filtered** **Filtered** and so on **Filtered** **Filtered**

those can go on there **Filtered** can too c**thole c**tface perhaps we could get the filter to read a string and filter the swear word in that part?

so you get **filtered**head, **filtered**ter, **filtered**e etc if thats possible?
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Vendetta wrote:Monkey is a racial slur :?

And we had 1 up on that keaton, TA forums, i cant remember who it was changed many words to various things, and they were commonly used words, such as it, a, and, etc etc :P was a fun/hard forum to read that day :lol:

many words can be used as a racial slur... its just if they are used in that context... I think a racial slur should be an instant ban... racism shouldn't be tolerated in the slightest.

This should cover all manner of racism...

I've seen many forums in my time where racism doesnt go in the "standard" view of racism (sorry if its not the correct term/words if you get offended let me know and I'll change it) white people being racist against black people or asian and so on...

but it comes back the other way with black, asian people being racist against white people, other black, asian people and so on.

So I say ANY racism on this forum should be instant ban and possibly reported to admin for a game ban...

TheRook
again apologies if I've offended people but pm me or another mod and it can be changed its just that was the clearest way I could get my message across...
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert

been inactive no new post for a while so bump
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

It is still being discussed. Finding middle ground is often difficult.
Reason, youll get dead.
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

jew

still needs more ground imo

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”