ID: 69

Re: Solution to snipers

y would some1 wanna kill UU when u can raid it ///
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

well you cant raid and it was removed from the game so the logical thing to suggest would be killing them instead of raiding
I give peace for traders
Skunky
Forum Elder
Alliance: EPA
Race: NanoTiSkunk
ID: 34220

LadiesMan 217 wrote:y would some1 wanna kill UU when u can raid it ///

he is talking about the ascended server ;)

Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod Colour
chargin
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

:lol: (inside joke)

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I don't really see how this would stop snipers.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Am Heh
Forum Expert

Well most snipers dont train thier units they just keep them as undeveloped planets, so they would need to train somewhere where they could be destroyed to either kill the guys or force them out of 1/5 rule or lose DMU from people farming them
I give peace for traders
Dr Toboggan
Forum Grunt
ID: 1986375
Alternate name(s): Dr Toboggan

Am Heh wrote:Well most snipers dont train thier units they just keep them as undeveloped planets, so they would need to train somewhere where they could be destroyed to either kill the guys or force them out of 1/5 rule or lose DMU from people farming them

I don't see how this would help. If snipers had to train all their units as income planets to avoid them being destroyed, could just stay on crit and the income snipers would lose to farming would be relative peanuts. So if revolution where to change to just kill untrained planets only, it could be easily avoided. If it were to continue to untrain planets, and in addition destroy untrained planets, then it could just as easily be used against either regular players or farmers that are protected in the large empires. I don't really see how useful this would be to remove snipers, without just adding/changing one of the multiple current attacks available when I don't think we need another one.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Yeah.. what he said.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Am Heh
Forum Expert

well then u can revolution them and kill the planets, what does revolution do makes income planets into UU

Just need a way so that there are more planets that can be destroyed so they lose more than they get
I give peace for traders
ThakalluS
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord / ORI

Eomund wrote:
Am Heh wrote:Well most snipers dont train thier units they just keep them as undeveloped planets, so they would need to train somewhere where they could be destroyed to either kill the guys or force them out of 1/5 rule or lose DMU from people farming them

I don't see how this would help. If snipers had to train all their units as income planets to avoid them being destroyed, could just stay on crit and the income snipers would lose to farming would be relative peanuts. So if revolution where to change to just kill untrained planets only, it could be easily avoided. If it were to continue to untrain planets, and in addition destroy untrained planets, then it could just as easily be used against either regular players or farmers that are protected in the large empires. I don't really see how useful this would be to remove snipers, without just adding/changing one of the multiple current attacks available when I don't think we need another one.

hehe, one's opinion that this topic concerns the most is the most valuable :D

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
- Scipio Africanus
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

I do kind of like this idea, but not how it stands atm. Needs a bit more tweaking but like some other topics here serves to highlight the problem.

Perhaps raid does need to be brought back but raid like in main where you can only raid the untrained units. Then if snipers keep units untrained they get them raided, they train them they get them killed, or they train them into income planets and they get them untrained and raided unless they also push some into the other required stats.

Though... it does remove a valid way of playing. Snipering is one of the best ways of playing at the moment in ascension, even if it is annoying, it is still one of the better ways of using the various rules of the server.
Dr Toboggan
Forum Grunt
ID: 1986375
Alternate name(s): Dr Toboggan

well ascension has pretty much had a ridiculous number of problems since the large update. Before I turned sniper, I had a top 50 defense and top 100 rank influence. I had little to no problems with ever being sniped, but instead had problems being excessively farmed by the couple of major empires, who are coincidentally also alot of the ones who are whining about snipers. I didn't switch to sniping because it was better, but just because trying to grow in a non TLE/FUALL alliance was impossible not due to snipers but to those alliances. I still fail to see how this is a solution to the myriad of problems in ascended. This would more than likely also be used to wipe out larger player with lets say 5,6,7b planets back to zero, setting them back weeks or months. I would say that if you remove snipers, then you have to make it possible to withstand regular farmers, but this is stargateWARS and not stargateSTALEMATE or stargatePRETTYSTATS.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

Eomund wrote:well ascension has pretty much had a ridiculous number of problems since the large update. Before I turned sniper, I had a top 50 defense and top 100 rank influence. I had little to no problems with ever being sniped, but instead had problems being excessively farmed by the couple of major empires, who are coincidentally also alot of the ones who are whining about snipers. I didn't switch to sniping because it was better, but just because trying to grow in a non TLE/FUALL alliance was impossible not due to snipers but to those alliances. I still fail to see how this is a solution to the myriad of problems in ascended. This would more than likely also be used to wipe out larger player with lets say 5,6,7b planets back to zero, setting them back weeks or months. I would say that if you remove snipers, then you have to make it possible to withstand regular farmers, but this is stargateWARS and not stargateSTALEMATE or stargatePRETTYSTATS.

My story of becoming a sniper is pretty much exactly the same as this guy. Before moaning about "snipers" maybe you should look at yourselves because soon enough most players outside TLE/FUALL will be play as a sniper....

One thing i dont quite get tho. A player farms but because he or she wears a TLE/FUALL tag they dont get massed (mostly due to fear of being massed themselves). If a player farms not wearing one of these tags they are called a sniper and are massed whenever they have stats.
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
chargin
Forum Intermediate

yep i want back to sniper because i was hit by 2 members of delta and a few people in DoC. I'm pretty sure this was aimed at killing my account, I have 260mil planets trained in income (so it's a waste of time attacking me) and around 3bil untrained. There are much smarter ways to stop sniper accounts, this suggestion is just asking for trouble.

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.

Return to “Suggestions”