asgard vs. ancients tech

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*

are the asgard stonger thant the ancients before there fall

yes
17%
no
25%
hell no
51%
same level
7%

Total votes: 72
Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

i don't think teh asgard tech is better than the ancients anymore but the wraith aren't a single army anymore they fight each other now so if the asgard really wanted to send 20 ships and blast 3 or 4 hive ships apart at a time remember asgard ships are a hell of a lot faster than the wraith they could hop aroung pegasus in a few days
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
TheSoulHarvester
Forum Irregular

asgaard have advanced due to the lego bugs constantly trying to wipe them out. Asgaard havent stolen from ancients. Thor said they had just scratched the surface. wonder why would he say that if Asgaard tech was based on Ancients... no my friend, Asgaard have well earned the rank of a powerful race on their own! but what puzzles me is that ancients left millions of years ago, but Asgaard used stasis 35000 years ago. how in the world could have Asgaard been powerful enough to be included in the Alliance??
TheSoulHarvester
Forum Irregular

Lørd Øsiris wrote:i don't think teh asgard tech is better than the ancients anymore but the wraith aren't a single army anymore they fight each other now so if the asgard really wanted to send 20 ships and blast 3 or 4 hive ships apart at a time remember asgard ships are a hell of a lot faster than the wraith they could hop aroung pegasus in a few days

not to mention superior weaponry and shields ;) even Anubis ships werent any match for Oneill's. even he retreated when facing them!
Osi
Forum Addict

they had ships and stasis but I thinkt he ancients weren't as strong as they were in pegasus back tehn they knew a lot but they had 1 ship in which they left there home the big thing they had was stargates so they get home us puddle jumpers and there few ships to put up stargates and then meet the asgard the asgard must have had bigger ships to cross galaxies and planted gates in ida and they both developed from there until the ancients followed there evolutionary path and became super smart while the asgard remained reclusive if you think about it the asgard want peace the only reason they leap forward in tech is because of war or there driven to it. sooo they probably stayed with the beliskener ships for a few thousand years but the funny thing is they have ships if you look at some of the pics of Halla when carter first went there they have flying cars and docks in the ocean
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
TheSoulHarvester
Forum Irregular

think if Asgaard hadnt stayed reclusive and would explored and evolved as Ancients? what would they be capable of?
Osi
Forum Addict

well in my opinion the asgard are a little more advanced than the Aschen they can create stars stop time...blow up planets.... beam away hatak vessels clone themselves they have stasis in my opinion they could probably learn to ascend and create things like zpm or better if they had tried to advance
Pakarinen
Forum Grunt

Peace be with you

Huh... i just find it hard to believe thewraith only have 60 hives in the entire galaxy... i mean its not like foods a huge problem since the mainstay are constantly sleeping... they have to be beyond even a 180 hives, i mean id think they would have around a thousand hives most of them constantly slumbering with each hive only having about 120 total wraith awake spread out among the carrier and cruissers they possess. They must have known that the ancients werent totally defeated.. even some ofthem must have suspected it, thiers just not much they cared to do to dig them out of the ocean if they could do any such thing, proly frightened of a trap of some sort.

As for our tech, ya, alot of hte knowledge is based off of atlantean, the fact that we have used only the barest fraction of thier knowledge shows how far beyond us the knowledge is, shielding, energy, weapons, subspace, time, so much of it is based off of thaier own reports, and the main resean we need to research is to interface wat we can work out to work with what tech we have, i mean before we met the ancients we didnt have hyperdrives, stargates, that odd subspace bubble thing we use instead of hyperdrive...

u know, the intergalactic in a hour or so thing, its ancient based for the most part. including the daniel jacksons use of energy waves is proly thiers. oh, im not saying were dumb, or incompetent, or cant think on our own, its just the fact that compared to them were still young, even with milions of years we still may not compare, and, part of the reason were like that is, well, its the young that are explorative, exploitive, volatile, ancy, u know, well, we arent exactly young and we dont have any children anymore... so.. ehh.... for the most part we read old books and chop some wood and plant some crops.... and occasionally beam up to the trade store...
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence."
Stip45
Forum Newbie

i just wonder how the Ancients dissapeard...............
Osi
Forum Addict

um they ascended or died of the plauge or gotten eaten by the wraith... all of which is told to you in the show...oh or they died as mortals or got blown up by the wraith
TheSoulHarvester
Forum Irregular

Lørd Øsiris wrote:um they ascended or died of the plauge or gotten eaten by the wraith... all of which is told to you in the show...oh or they died as mortals or got blown up by the wraith

that about sums it up! :lol:
Osi
Forum Addict

yup and i always wondered what would happen if they straped 4 zpms to a nuke and blew it up in the middle of teh wraith fleet or homeworld that would be a show
Man of God
Forum Irregular

yeah, but it'd be a waste of perfectly good ZPM's.
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

What about that super power source thing.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
guthrdav
Forum Newbie

The ZPMS or the one McKay tried to repair but couldnt?
Signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
TheSoulHarvester
Forum Irregular

Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292 wrote:What about that super power source thing.

using that could destroy our own universe because it is directly using its energy...

Return to “The TV room”