Farewell Friends

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Farewell Friends

The time has come for me to bid you all farewell. :smt109

Come September 2008 I will have been playing SGW for 3 years. I’ve recently looked back over the time I have spent playing this game and 3 years is rather shocking.

I have therefore decided I need to live my life a bit more this summer. \:D/ And not having to think about SGW etc will help me do that. My activity on these forums will also drop or even cease because unlike those that say they are leaving the game to live their life but still hang around the forums like a bad smell, I will actually leave. If I was to continue being so active on the forums after leaving the game like some, then I might as well continue playing the damn game.

Once the summer is over and the nice weather has pretty much gone (if the UK get any) I may possibly return for the winter. This however is unknown until that time. I will not be selling my account to anyone because this is the account I created right from the start in Sep 2005 and have never considered giving it to anyone else. It would be a shame to hand it over and see it get ruined or possibly involved in cheats etc. Therefore it will forever remain mine. I will be putting my acc on vacation mode for the duration of the summer, and maybe it will stay “on the cusp of a black hole” forever, or maybe not…..

I hope the fight against cheaters continues, and I hope that if I do ever return that Jason has sorted out the auto-ban system, and given Mark a good kick up the backside or even found someone else to do the job.

I have made many many many friends in SGW, a few enemies mainly due to them being cheats. I’ve seen good friends go over the years too and it’s always sad to see them go and get left behind. There are too many names to mention personally here about who I will miss and who I thank for making this game such fun, but I hope you all know who you are.

Those of you who dis-like or even hate me then don’t bother replying to this giving praise that I am leaving because that will just show how much of a loser you really are.

So goodbye everyone. Enjoy your summer, except Australia you can enjoy your winter. Those of you on my MSN list you can catch me on there from time to time, but how much I will log on is unknown, but probably won’t be that often. I also won’t be logging on to mIRC either.

Farewell!!!!!!

Clarkey
Image ImageImageImage
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

Re: Farewell Friends

Farewell :)
Severian

Sad to see you go mate and enjoy the summer. The community is indebted to you for your vigilance in catching out cheats but nothing short of a miracle is going to clear out all the bad blood, inner circles, lies and misdirection as well as varying sets of standards that plague the game and forum.

*Tries to enjoy his aussie winter*

>.<
Azarak
Forum Intermediate

:-( Sad to see you go. Good luck with everything.
I am no longer a regular forum poster – PM ingame or catch me on msn if need be.

au revoir
-Ross/Azarak
Easy^
Forum Elite

Take care.
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
nobodyhere
Forum Irregular

i've been playing since 05 as well and have come close to quitting 3 times but each time i was talked out of it by friends threatening to delete their accounts lol.

anyways i admire your conviction and hope you will return in the winter if not...

all the best pal :-)

btw, where abouts in the UK are you?
in a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

~George Orwell
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Sorry to see you leaving, i hope you dont sell up, keep your options open, enjoy a break from the game then come on back :D

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Good Luck, hopefully we will get an awesome summer this year, seeing as last years was a slight wash-out.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

bye boss
Vertigo1
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Majestic 12
Race: Gargoyle
ID: 60503

Best of luck dude. :)
"Physics be damned: a stack of CDs knocked onto a wood floor sounds louder at Midnight when rest o' the family is asleep." - Patrick Norton
Demon Lord Razgriz
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Horus Warlords~

Farewell clarkey, you shall be never be forgotten.

12 gun salute

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Aim. Fire. *BANG*

Razgriz<-Goa'uld
DEsTrOy!!<-Keizer Ghidorah
Uzumaki Naruto
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~

See ya boss :(

And they thought I was crazy BEFORE I lost my mind !!!!!!!
Poena
Forum Grunt
Alliance: TDL
Race: Keeper of Shoes

Clarkey ive been a fan of yours forum wise for a long time now. You've always had the integrity to call out scammers and stick to your guns when everyone would mass whine at you for doing it. I hit my 3 year mark in less than 2 weeks and have been thinking its past time for me to quit too, for same reasons so i wont try to talk you out of it. Just wanted you to know you will be missed. I'm sure there are other admirers like me too who dont post often so wont come out of the woodwork to say farewell.

have a fun and full real life
#90. Inflatable sheep do *not* need to be displayed during a room inspection.
-current favorite of the 213 things skippy is not allowed to do in the U.S. Army

thank u geisha 4 me smurfy piratefish

vesturas
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Guard~

Hope you come and play again in the winter, so long.

SALUTE
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

oh man, this is a sad day. I sure hope you return in the winter this game wont be the same without you. To bad to hear you are going but I can certainly understand your perspective. Well at least enjoy your summer, have good times mate. Hope to hear from you on MSN from time to time.

Return to “Quitting....”