KGC says his final goodbyes

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

KGC says his final goodbyes

After over 3 years of playing this game I have finally decided to stop playing and retire.

I have thought of stopping on and off for the last 2 years. Until now there was always something new to motivate me to keep playing. When I first thought of quitting I decided to change my playing style and starting actively farming. Before this I was relatively unknown. After this people started noticing me :D

Next time I thought of quitting I stayed because I started to sell stuff for real money. I did so well that I seemingly inspired many others to do the same, lol. It's a free market ;)

Next challenge to keep me in the game was becoming leader of Alpha. I cleaned things up a bit and reorganised some what until Su returned to active duty.

Not long ago I decided I wanted to have rank 1 at least one in my playing career. I did that not so long ago.

My last challenge was to have biggest army in the game. A daunting task considering the lead S T I and reborn had. But because their recent spat with admin I achieved way sooner than expected and it didn't really feel like an achievement.

For the last few months I have been looking for a new challenge but I haven't found one. SGW has become more of a burden than a joy.

I reamize the timing isn't great, but as I see this war lasting at least 5 months, probably way more, there's no point in waiting until it's over.

My massing yesterday was a n00b mistake on my part. I mistakenly thought I had put myself on PPT yesterday and hadn't logged in until this morning. Probably forgot the selection box or something. But still well done to TJP. A quick look at the logs seems to indicate the strike was well coordinated (although no nox simplfies things ;) ).

The massing was just the final straw. I lost all my planets, which were pretty nice and I don't feel I have it in me to get my account to the top again.

I would like to thank the following players (in no particular order):

REK - one must mention one's god, right? Great guy and great leader
RepliJake - ultimate villain and great guy
EnterTheLion - founder of the best alliance the game has ever seen and great leader
geisha - can't stop massing and never understood how she was with DD before joining Omega
GunZ - most loyal guy in the game, and the oldest one I know ;)
reborn - probably the smartest player in the game, and patient when explaining ;)
S T I - was rank one and the biggest for so long, also a great guy to talk to
Draleg - great character and is rising fast in Omega's ranks
Orpheus - MayHem leader, because of his work always considered by me to be the best 'small' alliance in the game
buck - great guy, helped him out a lot, was disappointed by his leaving
High Empty - crazy red haired Canadian, lol, also one of the best players in the game
Profiteroles - maybe not as well known as the others, but I used to talk to him all the time before he left, great player
Zarakai Kenpachi - always thought he'd be the next Alpha leader, but he became inactive
Mordack - great personalty and player, always sensible on the forums and has his own fanclub (for membership one must talk to geisha)
Visentinel - ultimate raiding machine
Hammond of Texas - great sense of humour (that a lot of people take the wrong way, lol), also made my infamous sig
Corkscrew - crazy Irishman
GenLucky - great leader and player, I wish you luck in the new game
Blahh - kind of my successor in the farming department, had many talks when discussing NAP extensions, also good to talk to when you don't want to speak about SGW
Svarun aka Aesir- has been a foe for a long time time, but has established himself as one of the leading figures of the SGW community, also the only one to consistantly keep up the Romans vs barbarians roleplay
Mojo Rising - probably the biggest n00b in the game, lol

Some advice:

For admin: Try getting some more people to actively help find cheaters and judge cases. This is a constant frustration for all players. Also, maybe you consider putting inactive accounts on vac mode after a time, like a month. Have the admin meetings at different times so other players can be there.

For players: If someone is spamming or just posting stupid things, use the foe function. It doesn't work with mods, but does for the rest. This function has enhanced my forum reading quite a bit, especially the big war topics. Also try and avoid personal insults. If you want to insult or taunt another player keep it to game related things like n00b, traitor, coward or whatever.

About my account: I will be giving my naq, turns and transferable UU to a select few, no need to ask for stuff in this topic. I will be selling the shell for real money in this topic: http://www.herebegames.com/StarGateWars ... 1&t=116337

To all the players who feel wronged for not being mentioned, tough luck, after 3 years of playing and not having a great memory to begin with I'm bound to forget a few.
Last edited by KGC on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
light0
Forum Grunt
Race: Retired
ID: 1913844

Re: KGC says his final goodbyes

Nvr spoke to ya once, but sad to c ya go none the less ;)
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

This means for a lot of ppl their naq will be safe again

with you the game will be loosing one of their top players.
have a good one kev, enjoy your future endavours...
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Well, this sucks.

To me, KGC, you've always been one of the game's most decent, as well as competent, players. Someone who always knew what was going on and what needed to be done; as well as someone who was always up for a friendly chat whatever the circumstances. Omega, and indeed this game in general, will be all the poorer without your presence. Best of luck in real life, mate. Hopefully we can share a few beers sometime again in the future.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

does this mean your not coming to the belgian meeting :(

we'll miss you kev, was fun having you around and you gave me a good laugh at the belgian meeting. you always did your alliance job extremly well and you were a player that one could look up to.

it's always sad to see a great player go, but if you don't enjoy the game anymore then you need to quit it, we'll all have that someday.

you'r still welcome at the belgian meeting lol, even if it's just for the BBQ ;)

hope you find a new thing to spend your time on. and if you ever descide to come back then i think there will be alot of ppl waiting to help rebuild you ;)

zeekomkommer/thomas
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Goodbye to my former CO.. :)
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

:( another one leaves...omg, well if the game isnt entertainment for you then it makes since. Hope RL go well for you and best wishes mate. Wish I could have gotten to meet you and had talks with you.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

sgw wont be the same without kgc farming everyone

I wish you luck in the real world

goodbye
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

I was in alpha at the time you were in charge and you did a good job.

I was even around and one of the people you farmed during your farming phase.

all the best with your new found free time :)

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Severian

Never talked to ya but liked the Sig. Alas there is only one conclusion to every story... We all fall down.

Plenty of fresh lumberjacks ready to capitialise upon the giants of old, so lets just hope we give them a good example to follow, not only in ability but attitude and that the calibre of the next generation of players are our true legacy to this game.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Good Luck KGC, i feel after this next update you may find alot more longer running players following your lead.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

GL and remember to have fun in RL Kev , you know your always welcome to crash in my livingroom :)

Great player and an even greater person , sorry to see you go.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Sad to see you go, man... :(

Take care and have fun in whatever you decide to do after SGW...

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Snow Wulf
Forum Irregular
Alliance: mH
Race: System Lord
ID: 44772

the crazy farmer quits.... :-D Sad to see you go. You will leave a big hole in SGW :o Take care.

[Λ mH] Roeland / Buying AT's says:
enter me all you want nooby booby

LOL
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Good luck to you. This wasn't called "Game Over" for no reason, I see. :?

Return to “Quitting....”