What series to watch?

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: What series to watch?

Lois Lane wrote:All 751 episodes. And the movie. ;)
I still need to watch the spinoffs though.. Torchwood for one sounds interesting, although I don't like the description "a more mature and profane Doctor". That's what's keeping me away from it so far..

very nice I was hoping for that anwser, well done. oh I forgot to mention the movie.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Didn't like season 1 of Prison Break much, prefered season 2...and season 3 even more!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Lois Lane wrote:All 751 episodes. And the movie. ;)
I still need to watch the spinoffs though.. Torchwood for one sounds interesting, although I don't like the description "a more mature and profane Doctor". That's what's keeping me away from it so far..

Semper: :lol: Yeah.. cute. Who knows.. maybe you can measure 'smartness' by the duration of one's fanhood of Lost.. ;)

Prison Break lost me close to the end of the first season, that's why it's not on the list.

edit: >_> Why do we talk about the same thing without me knowing you're posting, Semper? >_<

lol...I had to defend the greatness of lost somehow...seemed the most logical and truthful conclusion. :-D

As for the posting....well its just this amazing psychic bond we have Auriel. Great minds think a like and all. :wink:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

No one said 24 :shock:
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm going to wholeheartedly reiterate what everybody else has already said about Lost.

Lost ftw.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Lois Lane wrote:So far, I have watched:

Angel (All Eps)
Buffy (All Eps)
Charmed (All Eps)
Numbers (All Eps)
Bones (All Eps)
Xena (All Eps)
Andromeda (All Eps)
StarGate SG-1 (All Eps)
StarGate Atlantis (All Eps)
House MD (All Eps)
Hercules (All Eps)
BattleStar Galactica (All Eps/Reimagined AND Original)
Lois and Clark (All Eps)
Smallville (All Eps)
Weeds (All Eps)
Doctor Who (All Eps)
The O.C. (All Eps)
Eureka (All Eps)

That is my current repertoire.
You understand my problem.. I am out of good series.
Point me to series I will like! I like series with long story arcs, a bit of romance (but I watched a few of Joss Whedon's series so I can take bitter endings to all relations.. not that I like that, but that's another story), much thinking on my part to be able to follow the story, and multiple characters which I can relate to.

For crying out loud! GIVE ME A NEW SERIES TO WATCH!
;)

All Eps of Doctor Who? Really? Even all the old ones with the likes of Sylvester McCoy, Colin baker, Peter Davison, Tom Baker, John Pertwee, Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell as the Doctor? If so, that's quite some achievement!! Apparently,a few of the older eps are missing - in that not even the BBC owns a copy of them anymore, and if anyone was to produce one it would be worth a fortune - being as rare as rocking-horse poop!

Funnily enough - was just talking to Jack about British comedies - you might want to try some of them - the 3 I'd recommend are 'Black Adder' (in which Hugh 'House' Laurie plays a major role in the last 2 series, and cameos in teh earlier ones), 'Red Dwarf' and 'Men Behaving Badly'.

Other than that, you don't seem to have classics such as '24' or 'The X-Files' on there! That's 15 seasons combined!

Lost is also good - although got to say it started to annoy me in series 3.

Oh, and if you like Doctor Who, then you might want to continue following the exploits of Captain Jack Harkness in Torchwood!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Apadamek
Forum Expert
Alliance: Cloud HVE
ID: 1981768

Mordack wrote:I'm going to wholeheartedly reiterate what everybody else has already said about Lost.

Lost ftw.

Mad Men>Lost
Image << Trader Feedback
Questions about the stock market, watches or betting on sports? Click the sig above!
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

Anything that is Sci FI ...including those mentioned as well as all old episodes and iterations Star Trek .

BSG has been canceled , but was prolly my fav sci- fi series .

Cudos to Clarkey on his mention of 24 ! ( best series on the telly for my money :)

Gotta add House to the list of ''must watch '' ...and the new series Fringe . That is a 21st century version of X-Files and it is quite good.

For the record...Lost convinced me 1/2 way thru the 2nd season it was like Seinfeld...It is a show about nothing, lol . they were making it up as they went along and I lost patience with it.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:Oh, and if you like Doctor Who, then you might want to continue following the exploits of Captain Jack Harkness in Torchwood!

Definitely one to watch!

*looks at sig*
Image ImageImageImage
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

i'd recommend Dexter, it has a very interesting storyline & great characters
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Biscuit
The Crumbly One

Alias - it has the best cliff hangers once you get into the show.
5 seasons. I have watched it all, downloaded them recently with missing episodes in season 2.
It does have some really unrealistic stuff in it but it's good.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but....BOSTON LEGAL

Won golden globe, loads of awards, given an average 8.9 on imdb, has William Shatner and James Spader in.....what more could you ask for? Seriously, this series has great characterisation and chemistry between Shatner and Spader....some episodes are a bit average, but some are amazingly funny. Definitely a must watch ;)

William Shatner: "I have an erection. That's a good sign. I'm ready to go to trial. Lock and load."

Shatner at his best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xN_5R4eL_A
hidden
Lord of Chickens

Universe wrote:So far, I have watched:

Angel (All Eps)
Buffy (All Eps)
Charmed (All Eps)
Numbers (All Eps)
Bones (All Eps)
Xena (All Eps)
Andromeda (All Eps)
StarGate SG-1 (All Eps)
StarGate Atlantis (All Eps)
House MD (All Eps)
Hercules (All Eps)
BattleStar Galactica (All Eps/Reimagined AND Original)
Lois and Clark (All Eps)
Smallville (All Eps)
Weeds (All Eps)
Doctor Who (All Eps)
The O.C. (All Eps)
Eureka (All Eps)

That is my current repertoire.
You understand my problem.. I am out of good series.
Point me to series I will like! I like series with long story arcs, a bit of romance (but I watched a few of Joss Whedon's series so I can take bitter endings to all relations.. not that I like that, but that's another story), much thinking on my part to be able to follow the story, and multiple characters which I can relate to.

For crying out loud! GIVE ME A NEW SERIES TO WATCH!
;)

or just watch them again like i do
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Dexter is good as keel mentioned.

Torchwood was alright, got a bit WTH at the end -.- but was good, would be even better considering you have watched Dr.Who Eps as it would actually make sense :P

Babylon 5 :P

There are all these other ones that mentally come to mind... but the names elude me! :(
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Darth Optimus
Forum Expert
Race: Ancient

I like to watch:

Black Adder
Mr. Bean
Stargate Sg-1
SGA
Any Star Trek except original series