Deleting of posts

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Deleting of posts

All these posts being deleted because the mod, or ADMIN thinks they are spam when the post has a point, when you delete posts you are either hiding something, or trying to mislead people, STOP IT ALREADY, any wonder this community hates the mods and admins and makes them a target get a grip.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Re: Deleting of posts

Personally, I never delete posts. All "spam" or other un-needed material is split from the topic, and moved to Dump if needed.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it is highly uncommon for posts to be deleted, except for market posts/topics no longer active...

we at least do not delete posts.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I do not delete posts either.

However, are you certain the posts are being deleted and just not moved to dump?
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I agree that only market threads should be deleted as they just clog the forum. Other posts should be split and dumped. Maybe we should set it as a guideline/rule for mods.

I think GC is referring to a post of mine that got deleted from the GC. It got deleted as spam but it was merely a clarification to a previous post.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

as far as we know, it has been such a guideline for quite some time now...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

i delete post's in the debate section of aggressive debaters who have been warned.

Never unless I have pre-warned them though.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:as far as we know, it has been such a guideline for quite some time now...

then it needs to be enforced :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Has it even been confirmed that these posts that GC refers to have actually been deleted and not just moved to dump?
There's no point arguing over this if that is not confirmed.
Image ImageImageImage
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

The post in question relates to the section in the GC where both authors Gunz and SVaRuN specifically asked mods to delete post that were not personal or alliance surrenders or an acceptance of a withdrawl form the war by the appropriate alliance leadership.

Initially there was a lot of spamming in both threads, which were refered to discussion topics in the general forum which have since been closed. To date most players have complied with the authors request.

However, several mods have had to remove posts including Nimras, mordack and myself.

The removal of Deni's posts was fully explained to her via several pms and an offer was made to discuss the history of the management of the thread on msn. Her last pm to me indicated that she was happy with the outcome. However, if this is not the case, then as a mod she is welcome to discuss the matter further with me or the other mods/admins in the appropriate forum or on msn.

Further clarification was made in the general war thread where players were becoming increasingly confused when two alliances disbanded and were removed from the summary list on page one.

Of course if someone wants to fight an alliance that no longer exists, they should feel welcome to knock themselves out ;) However, the point in question is more likely to be around the management of runners, which is common practice in most wars and in this case, being managed separately on the two threads in question.

Clarification surrounding the difference between Alliance, Individual player and runner manager was posted at

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=118932&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1995
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”