Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: TimeZones and Start of wave.

and thats why your name is sleepy :-D
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Honestly randomizing the way the end time is given would be hugely beneficial to all those who don't play every wave. I had no idea who was coming off each turn so I was only making like 3-4 hits each turn for the few I was on. Plus there did seem to be a very slow start with a very large portion of players still on PPT when I went left to go to the bar at 11pm (8pm game time). When I got home at 0030 game time there were a lot more folks coming off but I was usually beat to those who came off as I was searching all my tabs whereas those who knew the pattern could go straight to the ones they knew were coming off PPT. Overall, a 24 hr distribution with no real pattern to it would probably work best as fairness.

In any case just means more work for me to catch up on UP so if I get my top 10 finish I can rub it in folks faces. :P
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Last era finished at 6pm GMT. The farm fest was from 6AM GMT.. so that change of 12 hrs was pretty much all that could be done to have different advantages for different time zones?
The PPTs ended randomly over a period of about 11-12 hours. By asking around before the time, I found the time the fest would start and finish, and was on for as much as i could.. even though it was not particularly friendly for my time-zone.

Thade wrote:I was usually beat to those who came off as I was searching all my tabs whereas those who knew the pattern could go straight to the ones they knew were coming off PPT.

There is no pattern to who comes off PPT when. You have to do your best to hit as many as you can when they do come off. It is called a fest, because everyone is trying to get the same naq.

From what i noticed, around the same amount of people came off PPT each hour, so if you couldn't get any naq, its not because of the timezone, its because you couldn't compete. Id advise you ask someone else to give you some pointers. There is no shame in admitting a weakness in your play, but if you suffer it because you don't want to ask for help, don't complain about it.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

If I'm reloading 20tabs on twenty+ pages I'm not really sure how I can be faster about it. Especially if I'm scanning through all of the tabs within 2 minutes or less. I was hitting some within 15 seconds of the turn change and still getting beat. Other folks had referred to a pattern with the PPT ends so I assumed they knew what they were talking about. If that isn't the case then I simply had crappy luck the few turns I was around. In any case will make a come from behind all the more fun.
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Thade wrote:If I'm reloading 20tabs on twenty+ pages I'm not really sure how I can be faster about it. Especially if I'm scanning through all of the tabs within 2 minutes or less. I was hitting some within 15 seconds of the turn change and still getting beat. Other folks had referred to a pattern with the PPT ends so I assumed they knew what they were talking about. If that isn't the case then I simply had crappy luck the few turns I was around. In any case will make a come from behind all the more fun.

you had crappy luck mate :?
Slugworth Assrot
Forum Regular

Mikgamer wrote:How about taking away start of wave PPT's all together?

Only giving PPT's to brand new accounts.

And stopping time after the end of the last wave and not starting it back up until the new wave is released.

Zeratul said this wouldnt be fair on the people who would be asleep when the wave started.... but how about finding a compromise somewhere inbetween.

If the era-start PPT was only 12 hours perhaps, then the so-called farm fest wouldnt be such a massive issue. A lot of people get disheartened if they dont do well and see how far ahead other players have gotten at such an early stage in the game.
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”