end of the world in 9 days time??????

Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

Re: end of the world in 9 days time??????

as far as i know they are quite sure this wont end the world. theres another cool theory about it allowing time travel to be possible for the 1st time though.

but then again theres never absolute certainty so who knows what unforseen event could happen. personally i hope for time travel over the end of the universe :-D

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/space/ ... verse.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/program ... ighlights/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7547118.stm

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120284&hilit=time+travel+lhc

i find this stuff really interesting to read about. have a browse folks :-D

wiki has more stuff aswel aye.

i advise everyone to pray for buddha to save us again
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

LiQuiD wrote:as far as i know they are quite sure this wont end the world. theres another cool theory about it allowing time travel to be possible for the 1st time though.

but then again theres never absolute certainty so who knows what unforseen event could happen. personally i hope for time travel over the end of the universe :-D

time travel would be cool, who hasn't said to themselves i wish i could change something from their past, or see the 7 wonders of the world being constructed, see live dinosaurs, talk to some of historys greatest personality's or simply cheat at the lottery lol, god knows i have many times. whether we should have the right to time travel or not is another story entirely tho.
and yes, time travel is infinitely more desirable than doomsday lol.

cool links :-)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

i get hooked on those type links which jus lead to more links to more sites

id probably go back in time and capture hitler and conan the barbarian and get them to fight, gladiator style :-D

you should check out the new scientist stuff. there should be an article about how people from the future could travel back to us once the lhc is turned on. man when its turned on ill probably cringe, regardless of how many scientists say its safe. i know enough to know i dont know whats gonna happen. benefits to science will be huge though.

cool pic there at the sun.co.uk.

and 'They will travel so fast that they make 11,245 trips around the tunnel every SECOND'!!! thats epic speed
Last edited by Demeisen on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
LiQuiD wrote:as far as i know they are quite sure this wont end the world. theres another cool theory about it allowing time travel to be possible for the 1st time though.

time travel would be cool, who hasn't said to themselves i wish i could change something from their past, or see the 7 wonders of the world being constructed, see live dinosaurs, talk to some of historys greatest personality's or simply cheat at the lottery lol, god knows i have many times. whether we should have the right to time travel or not is another story entirely tho.
and yes, time travel is infinitely more desirable than doomsday lol.

cool links :-)

Unless bad people take control of it and screw all, in past.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

well the only people who have the money and necessary military, political and diplomatic strength to build such a machine in the first place are not what i would describe as "good" men.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Yup, I agree Avenger.
They are good women though.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Lois Lane wrote:Yup, I agree Avenger.
They are good women though.

i was using the word "men" as a generalization, so no, these are not good people regardless of gender...

i'm getting the impression you would like to see the earth or at the very least, humanity destroyed???

:? :? :?

anyone who calls for any kind of culling, population reduction or elimination of any species (tho i wouldn't mind seeing mosquitoes, slugs, bankers, professional politicians, the EU and tyrants wiped off the face of the planet never to be seen again) whether in whole or in part is as bad as pol pot, hitler stalin, mao tse tong and any other mass murdering pscho from history....

and you can include out of control scientists, the neocons and the american military intelligence industrial complex in that list of sickos!

-David Icke
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

I saw this in the paper today.

Quite interesting, and concerning to be honest.

Personally I do not believe they should go ahead of it. Even if the risk is very small, it is too dangerous to allow.

Risking the fate of the planet in such an obvious, careless, unnecessary way is a bit stupid.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

i couldnt agree more.

the risk maybe minimal but i think this kind of science is very reckless, considering where the money in all likelihood-came from.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tssk.. my father has invested heavily in CERN, enough to be considered a substantial contributor. Is his money dirty? :?

Risking the fate of the planet. Right.
This isn't a film here.. it's reality.
Scientific progress, REAL progress, requires taking risks or pushing the boundaries of ethics. The hero of alternative energy, mr. Tesla (him again), conducted research that was potentially dangerous to the area in which he conducted his experiments. Psychology and psychiatry benefited heavily from the morally twisted Nazi experiments around WWII. Europe acquired many inventions when the Mongols conquered and laid waste to most of Eurasia, bringing with them stories and actual inventions from China.

Really.. when taking a leap forward, we cannot always see where we will land. Sometimes, we need to take a leap of faith. That, (and because it's been paid for already) is the reason why CERN/LHC will do their research.
Besides, what do you think!? Do you really believe CERN would conduct an experiment that would suck up the planet? :P Nah.. sure, there are risks, but Doomsday will have to wait for a little longer.

:D
Btw, it's a marvellous thing to visit. :-D
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Lois Lane wrote:Tssk.. my father has invested heavily in CERN, enough to be considered a substantial contributor. Is his money dirty? :?

Scientific progress, REAL progress, requires taking risks or pushing the boundaries of ethics. The hero of alternative energy, mr. Tesla (him again), conducted research that was potentially dangerous to the area in which he conducted his experiments. Psychology and psychiatry benefited heavily from the morally twisted Nazi experiments around WWII. Europe acquired many inventions when the Mongols conquered and laid waste to most of Eurasia, bringing with them stories and actual inventions from China.

do i think something could go wrong...of course something could go wrong.

do i think something will go wrong or the world will get swallowed up...i SERIOUSLY doubt it, but i cant say there is no risk when the scientists themselves say they don't know.

as for what the Nazis did and the experiments they conducted and the resulting knowledge gained by the world after their demise...if knowledge is gained by evil means its still evil no matter how much good comes of that knowledge...

would i deny a scientific advancement to the world based on how that knowledge was gained....your damn right i would!

evil is still evil regardless.

oh btw, while we marvel at how clever these brain boxes are, spare a thought for all the people dieing of hunger and poverty the money used to make this modern marvel could have saved.

would i prefer to see this marvel succeed or for people to be fed and clothed...let me think about that 1...

sorry i choose humanity over science every day of the week and twice on sunday!

Tesla=true genius and a humanitarian as well.

-David Icke
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Lois Lane wrote:Tssk.. my father has invested heavily in CERN, enough to be considered a substantial contributor. Is his money dirty? :?

Really.. when taking a leap forward, we cannot always see where we will land. Sometimes, we need to take a leap of faith. That, (and because it's been paid for already) is the reason why CERN/LHC will do their research.
Besides, what do you think!? Do you really believe CERN would conduct an experiment that would suck up the planet? :P Nah.. sure, there are risks, but Doomsday will have to wait for a little longer.

:D
Btw, it's a marvellous thing to visit. :-D

its all about that fine line again there Lois. Where as Master Tesla, and even Nobel or "I am become death, destroyer of worlds" dude leaped forward with scientific inventions that could all have massive consequences within the world, none of them ran the risk of actually destroying the planet with just their experimental stages. Yes they could obliterate massive areas of the world surface through even the merits of their inventions, but to quote Jurassic park, life finds a way. A black hole eating the earth. Life wont find a way round that one because there would be no earth left.

This entire experiment with CERN is reckless and you may say its taking leaps forward with risk and all that wonderful rhetoric, but I dont see how any scientist can justify it with even the remotest chance of this awesomely terrible risk of occurring.

I have no facts to debate this properly I know, but ultimately, I can see nothing, worth putting the entire planet on the line, worth achieving.

I know it is NOT the movies, but I do believe the film industry has some good morals with that old overstated message. Man should not play God in ways such as this. It never goes well.

CERN have already admitted the possibilities of Black holes arising, but see the chance as being so small, they have dismissed it. Thats just not good enough. :wink:

Then again, there is nothing I can do about it. Hopefully someone will see sense in the next 8 days and put a stop to it.

It might also be of interest that is was CERN and not the americans that invented the WWW.

**Goes to do further reading on LHC and CERN**
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
urogard
Forum Elder

I don't have a physics diploma like some of the scientists there
but afaik according to very recent research it has been found out that black holes do emit a certain kind of radiation.

This, coupled with the fact that small black holes (which will be created in the experiment) are small that they don't attract and "suck in" enough mass to cover the emited radiation or something (hehe, can't recall the details now about the process).

But anyways black holes actually do kinda evaporate. Obiously the smaller the hole, the less stuff it sucks in and the faster the evaporation. The large holes suck so much stuff in that they can actually grow.

And besides, it's neither the first nor the last test to put humanity at risk. Probably the first of its kind that does it at such an extent...

But then again i'd really love to ask the scientists that are trying to stop the experiment, how many of them would willingly give up their decree and retire from the field of physics in case NOTHING happens.
Sabin le Rose
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Wyverning
Race: System Lord
ID: 1925678

I just don't understand how the **** they can justify spending so much money on somthing so...Trvial.

This project has been around for awhile, I belive.
Or the idea of the project...

4.4billion dollars.
Imagine what that money could have done to use technology that could benifit the WORLD, and not just a select few elite.

That money could easily push boundries in alternative fuels, and waste reduction technologies.
Stargater580 wrote:Sabin, my favorite System Lord....
= System Lord Talk
Kieltyka
Forum Grunt
Race: Ancient

urogard wrote:I don't have a physics diploma like some of the scientists there
but afaik according to very recent research it has been found out that black holes do emit a certain kind of radiation.

Nor do I have a physics diploma. But there is such a theory called Hawking radiation that was brought up by Stephen Hawking. The idea is that the radiation causes the black hole to lose mass and shrink. Small black holes emit more radiation and shrink quicker.
"If the coordinates are for a Goa'uld world which is not on the Abydos cartouche, the Goa'uld will most likely not expect us. I believe a medical attack could be successful." -Teal'c

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”