logs in to some one else account

v2
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The Source
ID: 42060

logs in to some one else account

Ok this has happen about 3 times so far ..... ive logged in to my account gone to my base page and when i pick another page like training or bank " the latest one " i find myself in another users bank looking at all he/her naq.

ha this happen to anyone else and if some why ?

by the way some one needs to clean out their 399 messages
JIX
Forum Addict
ID: 0

have you spoke to the person whos account you get put into

plus this should be in the BUGS section down alittle from here

and those messages will get deleted within 30days if am right the new update that forum put in awhile ago
Apadamek (goo is life) wrote:Jix cannot be banned, all fear his marijuana and Alcohol induced fits of massing and raiding

*hides*
v2
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The Source
ID: 42060

na havent spoken to them i just had breif stair at all their Naq and closed my browser cant remeber hwo it was

and yeah i thought the thread should hav been some where else after i made it .... can some move it pls

was i jk on the messages to
ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

I think this happens alot - I still have some screenshots.

http://www.stargatewars.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9258
THOR: The Replicators will soon consume all that they can within our home galaxy. Yours will be next.

O’NEILL: I thought we were too primitive to consume?

So maybe I'm not going mad after all. :D

I was convinced that when I left for work I put both my main and Quantum accounts into 'critical'. I came home to discover that in SGW I was no longer on critical and had been attacked for naq a few times.

Mmmm.

I was just putting it down to my own carelessness in not triple checking my status.
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

My guess would be you go to the same school/workplace or use the same lan/isp exchange.

The server may have gotten you confused with another user and brought up their page, as they havn't logged out, and session_destroy() hasn't been called.

Or it maybe be a coding error :P.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

It's got nothing to do with same IP/LAN - when it's happened to me I've been at home everytime.
The other thing is (I didn't explain it very well in the other thread) when it's happened to me and I've gone to the forum to report it: when I double click on 'Username' it brings up other people accountname. I use Firefox.

I know Forum is very busy and has a life, but this was first reported a long time ago and needs to be looked at.
THOR: The Replicators will soon consume all that they can within our home galaxy. Yours will be next.

ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

I am currently logged into V2's account......you have 1 message ranked 5030 and 0 turns........

This is happening too often, I took various screenshots until i got a message saying something about the IP changing and too many log ins on this account.

I did nothing but take screenshots.

I think I know how to do it anytime now.

Ares4
Forum Newbie

This has happened to me except I didnt even log into my account and someone elses came up.

I couldnt see name, rank, commander, and some other things.
It did say that only 3 people were playing.

and He had a message. It was the kind of message that shouldnt be repeated.

I didnt do anything other than that though.(the message freaked me out way to much to do anything else)
Brisi
Forum Newbie

we had a commercial php project and there we figured out a problem with the session IDs and the changing IP while being online ... this and some other circumstances can result in such a behavior that you "overtake" the session of another player ... do not abuse this - this can easely be tracked!!!!
ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

This really is getting ridiculous now - I am currently logged into someone elses account - ranked 714 - nearly 5 billion naq in bank - 1822 turns - 149 messages.

Something needs to be done about this asap......
Got a screenshot.

ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

Just did it again - I know how to log into someone elses account whenever I want, if I can I bet other people can too....
This was first reported over a month ago, what's being done about it????
I sure it's been going on for a while - people have posted UU and naq going missing for ages :evil:

WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

ohknee0 wrote:The other thing is (I didn't explain it very well in the other thread) when it's happened to me and I've gone to the forum to report it: when I double click on 'Username' it brings up other people accountname. I use Firefox.

That would be other people using your firefox, or other sites that use the same name on the <input> field.

That would not be related to the server. :P.

Also, the admin is looking into this, but as has been stated - php sessions are very complex things...

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

WhiteyDude wrote:
ohknee0 wrote:The other thing is (I didn't explain it very well in the other thread) when it's happened to me and I've gone to the forum to report it: when I double click on 'Username' it brings up other people accountname. I use Firefox.

That would be other people using your firefox, or other sites that use the same name on the <input> field.

That would not be related to the server. :P.

Also, the admin is looking into this, but as has been stated - php sessions are very complex things...

/Whitey

Only I use this PC.
I thought about and kinda realise that now that you've pointed it out: I messaged fine dine decca after I'd logged into his account and Firefox saved his name in the username field - which is why it was there afterwards. What I don't understand is why names appear when you try and log into the game, I thought it only saved for the page it was first used (like Firefox remembers its a form and completes it for you) and I mean names of people you never messaged in the first place.......

Anyway, I've messaged Forum about this so hopefully it won't be a problem for much longer.

ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

Still happening.....Forum never responded to my mail :roll:

Return to “Bugs Archive”