Planetary Casualties

Suggest any improvements
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Honorus Bellatoris
Race: Ancient / Ajna

Planetary Casualties

"[defending god]'s forces of [defending realm] retaliated, inflincting 3 damage on the fleets and worlds in [My Realm]
5 of [Travis]'s worlds were destroyed!" (names removed)

...WTH?? :?
Okay, the casuallty rate seriously needs to be adjusted, because that is just ridiculous. I should not have to redevelop a new massed attacker world every time I attack someone with 0 defense. I mean, come on people...is 3 damage really gonna destroy 5 entire WORLDS???
Travis9x wrote:Do not ever think you are safe from being massed...random massings happen all the time around here. The best policy is a constant state of paranoia.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Planetary Casualties

Yes.

Admin has said time and time again, nothing is free, and accidents happen. Call it friendly fire. This topic has been hashed and rehashed and hashed again. Admin has never changed his stance.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer

Lore wrote:Yes.

Admin has said time and time again, nothing is free, and accidents happen. Call it friendly fire. This topic has been hashed and rehashed and hashed again. Admin has never changed his stance.

Ummm...on main it is. Attacking someone on main with 0 defense never results in casualties for the attacker (ignoring anti-covert vs covert here), even with no supers involved. Friendly fire would account for the 3 damage, and the necessary repairs to weapons/equipment, but does nothing to explain why those three measly points of damage caused the complete destruction of an entire planetary system. On main, even a regular soldier can withstand 3 damage without dying. Obviously, the casualty rate on ascension must have a minimum percentage for the attacker, even when engaging a complete lack of any defense. What I don't understand is...why? Why does it seem like everything on ascension has a minimum percentage of damage that it will suffer, regardless of the actual strain (or lack therof) placed upon it? Why does an enemy command star, inflicting only a few million points of damage, still destroy hundreds of my shields?? Somehow I doubt that an ascended being would be so incompetant in a battle against such a lesser being, as to accidentally inflict such massive damage on his own command star...so you can't blame it on "friendly fire".

I also think (and this goes for both servers), that damage to weapons should be affected by the amount of strain placed upon them. Go up against a stronger enemy, your weapons will be more stressed by the encounter, and will therefore require more maintainence/repairs...go up against a weaker enemy (or no defense at all), and you will hardly need to even fire your weapons much, so therefore will not need nearly as much maintainence.

Anyway, I don't want to rehash something that has apparently already been hashed so many times before (I looked through a lot of the suggestions to see if there were any already any like this, and I didn't see any, sorry)...but I did feel the need to make my opinion known, nonetheless.
Travis9x wrote:Do not ever think you are safe from being massed...random massings happen all the time around here. The best policy is a constant state of paranoia.
Defense-Forcefield
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Gladiators
Race: Ancient
ID: 44462

so, u are a farmer in ascended.
is 5 worlds really a "casualties" ???????
i'm sure now most of active players have more than 300mil cer...
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer

Defense-Forcefield wrote:so, u are a farmer in ascended.
is 5 worlds really a "casualties" ???????
i'm sure now most of active players have more than 300mil cer...

Yes, I suppose you could call me a farmer...I've found that one can grow much faster that way, rather than simply waiting for your realm to produce enough DMU to grow on its own (and then have someone like me take it all, anyway...lol).

Any loss of "life" in a battle is considered a casualty of war (technically, even injuries are considered casualties). It's not that I'm even remotely upset about the actual loss of so few units (I have millions more, so that's not a problem), it's just annoying to constantly have to redevelop a new massed invader system every time I farm someone.

But tell me...what is "cer"? I see you are from Belgium, so it is possible that something got lost in translation...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Travis9x wrote:But tell me...what is "cer"? I see you are from Belgium, so it is possible that something got lost in translation...[/color]

CER = Cosmic expansion rate,,,, or better known as UP in ascended.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

glad to see your comming around mate :)
meh casulaties happen its not much to worry about, if you need advice or help or a CO or anything really just PM me I love helping :)
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Lol ....

If you're a farmer you should know that unlike main in ascended you send ONLY as many planets as you have weapons.

So if you attack someone with 0 defense it's enough to go with 1 weapon .... sending milions of troops to do it will cost you .... it's as simple as that.
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer

Nostradamus wrote:Lol ....

If you're a farmer you should know that unlike main in ascended you send ONLY as many planets as you have weapons.

So if you attack someone with 0 defense it's enough to go with 1 weapon .... sending milions of troops to do it will cost you .... it's as simple as that.

Yes, I noticed that very early on. I'm not an idiot. Constantly buying/selling weapons to adjust to the defense of the target would be wasteful, and time-consuming, especially considering that replacing a few units is so easy when you have millions in reserve, and produce mass millions more every day. Also, most of my targets do not have 0 def...I just thought it rather stupid that a target who does have only 0 def would still manage to destroy so many worlds.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

it may not make sense, but the losses are so insignifict that its nothing to need an update over. And many of us have hashed it up to be friendly fire.

Return to “Suggestions”