Changes to Pergatory

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Changes to Pergatory

GOING LIVE MONDAY, NOV 17th, 2008

The goal of pergatory has always been to provide a 'slower style' of play for anyone wishing it, who is not too powerful to appreciate it :)

This has recently proven to be not the case, when others put their mind to it (congratulations to you).

So -- the following changes are proposed to bring back the initial function intended within pergatory:

1) Glory max per turn to 1, regardless of rank.
2) Slowing the growth of army size limit over time. It will not get lower than it is currently. reduced by 25 growth (does not affect current entry requirements -just how quick those requirements grow)
3) 24hour 'no attack' before being able to enter. (plus similar ppt/vac limits, like vacation is now)
4) max of 4x15turn hits per day, per opponent. Or any combination adding to 60 attack turns used in last 24 hours (day=24hours previous)

It does not seem a huge update, but it should stop 'massing' within pergatory, by players or their mercenary hires, and allow any one player within pergatory to not expect insane amounts of activity against their accounts within a short time frame....which (see the top of this post) was the goal of pergatory.

Comments accepted. go live mon, nov 17...
Don't make me use this!!!
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Re: Changes to Pergatory

Would have preferred no G&R in perg at all.

Also to have seen something to stop people from coming out of perg, selling their UU (or shipping it to a friend to hold) and going back in.

Also to have a limit on the number of ascentions you can have done to get in (for example, if you are a LG+0 you are considered too experienced to get in).

Happy to see the 24 hour no attack rule to get in.

The rest I don't have any opinion of, I know they wouldn't have effected me when I was in perg and don't expect them to overly worry the players they are aimed at.
Awaken Knight
Forum Elite
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 38569

Forum wrote:The goal of pergatory has always been to provide a 'slower style' of play for anyone wishing it, who is not too powerful to appreciate it :)

This has recently proven to be not the case, when others put their mind to it (congratulations to you).

So -- the following changes are proposed to bring back the initial function intended within pergatory:

2) Slowing the growth of army size limit over time. It will not get lower than it is currently.
3) 24hour 'no attack' before being able to enter.
4) max of 4x15turn hits per day, per opponent.

It does not seem a huge update, but it should stop 'massing' within pergatory, by players or their mercenary hires, and allow any one player within pergatory to not expect insane amounts of activity against their accounts within a short time frame....which (see the top of this post) was the goal of pergatory.

Comments welcome. Final details not finalized. Goal of update: to allow chaos to run a slower pace than main. Including massing.

In my opinion, to make this update more affected, you should put that pergatory should not be accessible at a certain rank. for example if you are at rank 1-200 you cannot enter pergatory.
to the other updates to pergatory i am alright with, i personally think that you should add a update saying that people cannot enter normal realm from pergatory, so that they could sell the units and be able to go back to pergatory and maybe make the 24 hours no attack to 48 hours.
other than that , i think this update will help many people that are building in the pergatory realm.

Spoiler
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Or have a minimum amount of time before you could go back into perg, for example you need to be at least two weeks between the time you leave perg and the time when you can go back in.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Rank means jack all.. just look at ascended. Dropping rank is easier than baking a pie.

Great updates afaics, Forum. :) Nice one!
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Forum wrote:The goal of pergatory has always been to provide a 'slower style' of play for anyone wishing it, who is not too powerful to appreciate it :)

2) Slowing the growth of army size limit over time. It will not get lower than it is currently.

Comments welcome. Final details not finalized. Goal of update: to allow perg to run a slower pace than main. Including massing.

Awesome update

1) make it NO GnR there is no glory while under the protection of no massing in perg.

2) what exactly does that mean, like your UP slows down when you reach perg limit, or what??

3) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

4) Good idea, although im gonna have to pipe up and say it to be fair, say i go to perg, and farm them all or most, they technically could never mass me in retal, sure a tactical strike would work but yea, well i suppose they can still do there 60 x 1 AT's.

You do however need to set a limit to which they are removed from perg, but yea for now what is your update about slowing growth mean.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

I also dont think that someone should beable to leave and join perg as many times as they want, there should be a limit of 5 max, then it makes you stay in main as you upset the galactic council,

Seeing as you should not beable to gain GnR in there it would not affect ascending.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Comments welcome. Final details not finalized. Goal of update: to allow perg to run a slower pace than main. Including massing.
Sweet, just 1 question. What do you mean by slowing of growth once over the limit to get in.

I would like to see an update where once you reach a certern(Sp?) size you get kicked of perg automaticing.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Rudy Pena wrote:Sweet, just 1 question. What do you mean by slowing of growth once over the limit to get in.

I would like to see an update where once you reach a certern(Sp?) size you get kicked of perg automaticing.

Certain*
Automatically*

:-)
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

DaDigi wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Sweet, just 1 question. What do you mean by slowing of growth once over the limit to get in.

Certain*
Automatically*

:-)

Thanks
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
odji nsu
Forum Expert
ID: 0

how would you raid would seem to make it impossible to raid,

the inactives in perg will be huge lol
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:1) Glory max per turn to 1, regardless of rank.

This is an improvement however I still think there should be no G&R.

Forum wrote:2) Slowing the growth of army size limit over time. It will not get lower than it is currently.

I have no problems with that. :D

Forum wrote:3) 24hour 'no attack' before being able to enter.

This is the best Perg update ever. =D>

Forum wrote:4) max of 4x15turn hits per day, per opponent.

I have a question about this. Is it the max number of hits, i.e. 4x15 = 60, or is it the number of 15's you use, i.e. 4.
So basically if you hit someone with... 4x14turn, and then 4x1turn which = 60 is that the limit? Or can you carry on because you didn't use the full 15 strikes?

Overall good updates. :D
Image ImageImageImage
Sabin le Rose
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Wyverning
Race: System Lord
ID: 1925678

I agree with this. If your strong enough to make more then one a turn. You should be playing with the big boys.

Not exactly sure what you mean here.....

No Objections here.

No, no, no. What about all the farms that you can farm 6 times a day? and Raiding would be killed.
NO no no no no no. x.x
Stargater580 wrote:Sabin, my favorite System Lord....
= System Lord Talk
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

(note: if you total population size is greater than 407,123,288 disease will surely strike your lands. Above 305,342,466 and raiding is no longer possible. Above 203,561,644 and trading/buying units no longer possible. Pergatory is not accessible above 40,712,329)

In the meet, it was discussed how fast those numbers should grow, or even decrease. Since this has been mentioned in a perg update though, I am not sure if Admin means just slowing the Perg Armysize Limit, or All.

I too, would like some clarification on that point. But overall, great updates. And I'm glad they came in so quickly from discussion :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

not bad not bad.... not like it affects me anymore... but not too happy bout that 4 x 15 attacks, you should still be able to be massed their ...

I still think their should be an absolute limiter on where you get kicked if your army hits that number after a day or something (which prevents massing someone with 1 UU under limit or whatever and escaping), unless this has already been added in ? Only mentioned this because i think people are growing over that limit and still staying in perg?
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod

Return to “Suggestions Archive”