Deleting posts part 2

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Deleting posts part 2

Well I would have simply added to the thread below, but since it is locked seems I shall create another

Well I posted today in the GC in the surrender to fuall thread...to later login and find my post has been deleted. My post was related to my intention to surrender in the was (since the previous owner of the account was fighting) deleting the post without explanation (a simple pm would have been nice) a somewhat abusing mod powers.

I was been waiting to speak to Gunz.....trying to catch him on msn is being less then fruitful......the forum is an obvious place to post...then lo and behold a mod deleted my post

I must add this is not the first time my posts have been removed without warning or notice....and is something i have brought up privately on msn with mods in the past!
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: Deleting posts part 2

As you might now certain rules (still) apply to both surrender threads. One of them is that they are to be kept clean and that only surrenders and acceptances/denials of those surrenders are allowed to stay there.

You asking GunZ when he will be on msn next is neither of those and can be taken to a pm either ingame or on forums.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Tictac
Forum Grunt

and my surrender was made further up the thread! but Gunz had questions related to it, so my post is relevant

forum pm's are not always an option for me, when I used shared pc's I don't like to login to either sgw or forum due to amount of people reporting hacking and the like recently

i can view forum without having to logon an quite confident my msn is secure.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

It is a standing rule and it is there for a reason.

To let you do this we might as well let evey post remain as everyone will complain or simply put 1 small thing in to remain on topic.

Sorry but abuse from Forum Users have lead to these rules.

There was no mod abuse, they did their job correctly. Please take the small talk to PM's.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

By the looks of it the posts were moved to dump so they were not "deleted".

How many times do we have to tell everyone on this forum that we do not delete posts anywhere with the exception of Market.
Image ImageImageImage
Tictac
Forum Grunt

@ clarky i look for a post where i made it, i'm not going to spend my time searching forum to see if it's been moved.

@ Lore a nice polite msg from whoever removed/moved it would have been appreciated...otherwise i could be expecting some sort of reply that's never going to come!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Tictac wrote:@ clarky i look for a post where i made it, i'm not going to spend my time searching forum to see if it's been moved.

I'm not saying you should search for it, i'm saying we do not delete posts. It has been said many times already.

However, a reason should be given by the person moving it to the dump.
Image ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I see your point, but please look at mine.

We post the rules for all to see and yet the 500 or so active users still expect the 4 or 5 mods in each section to bend over backwards for each and every one of them because they are a bit lazy from time to time. Not to mention its unpaid, thankless, and more then a couple like to hunt and hound mods for basicly no reason at all.

The server war thread and its 3 counterparts have been talked about over and over again. Sorry you got caught in it but the rules are there for a reason. Trust me, no mod wants the BS that goes on in there nor do they want to clean it up.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Anything that isnt a surrender, Should be done via Private Messeges or MSN.

Anything that is a surrender, can be in that thread.

Anything leading up to, or after that surrender, Cannot.

I believe that sums up the situation.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”