Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Development

Colton wrote:Without Planets and Motherships, what did people spend their extra money on back in the day? O_O

They actually built their accounts. When 100K UP was massive. When covert 25 was a group effort. When rebuilding was a week long process not a 1 turn process.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Ignore previous.

Same old SGW. Welcome to your finest quarters of 'lost' humanity Buck :)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

I Echo Both Diamond Dust and SU's comments
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

buck wrote:I Echo Both Diamond Dust and SU's comments

And I yours, bucket.
David Bliss
Forum Expert
Race: God
ID: 0

helsmar wrote:
Lore wrote:
helsmar wrote:... if its origins... make it like it once was.... good

uu un-attack-able unless you add the raiding aspect, then its lifer/miner

covert keep it so that every level you get that "double" no "cap" so that when you actually hit over 16 or w/e it wasnt x.5 bonus for every level (aka every second level you were able to get x2)

if you make everything killable... 1 your not going back to the "origins of the game... your just making a warmonger "remake" of what you think should have been updated... i think its plain stupid that you can destroy the target player 99.99% of everything they have... once that happens that player wont want to play anymore, and not its not cuz they dont have skills... but its cuz they wont want to have to basicly start from absolute nothing after having spent life blood sweat and tears trying to build some kind of account... though being able to destroy everything, there must be limits smaller the phase out limit.. our a one way phase out or something...

destruction absolute will absolutely kill the game before it has a chance to launch...

o and deffinitely no $$$ thats lame.. kinda unfair to think that people who have billions to spend and others who dont should get a bonus if its support you want then get it but i mean dont make it so they get an advantage that others who cant spend money or arent able to but want to over others.

Well you contridict yourself.
The original SGW had Every unit killable. UU died on every hit and there were no miners.

I'd like to see no P2P transfers as well.

As For Donations,,, I'm torn. I do know $$ is needed to sustain games. While I hope no $$ market exists, I am willing to allow Donations.

Without $$ the game doesnt dies.

i contradict myself because i started playing when uu didnt die on every hit. aka uu were "safe", like, attack units, and covert units as well.

then they added raiding and ac. perhaps we should aim for having raiding and ac off the bat? and i know many ppl dont want ms, but why not?

you know what this is guys right?
this is us wanting to make Main 2, and pick off the bad updates and keep the bad... honestly i dont see this flying off to being available anytime soon mainly because of the picking and choosing of certain updates...

I don't think origins will fly to soon either, if it does to many people will disagree with certain updates and not many will play.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

It all sounds pretty interesting to me, why dont you make a beta server and then get suggestions?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Ifrit wrote:It all sounds pretty interesting to me, why dont you make a beta server and then get suggestions?

We could try putting things in and out and seeing which works best?

Good idea Ifrit
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

Just adjust the current beta server, then all those people that have been playing beta can be surprised.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Manetheren wrote:Just adjust the current beta server, then all those people that have been playing beta can be surprised.

Not a bad idea at all.

People are playing beta instead on main and its going to happen sooner or later so might as well use if for something useful and worthwhile.
Reason, youll get dead.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Good idea Ifrit!
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
Manetheren wrote:Just adjust the current beta server, then all those people that have been playing beta can be surprised.

Not a bad idea at all.

People are playing beta instead on main and its going to happen sooner or later so might as well use if for something useful and worthwhile.

only problem with that is not everyone has a beta account, and you would have to rest the current beta for that to work (I am assuming that was considered in the adjusting part), otherwise it would be awesome :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Ifrit wrote:
Lore wrote:

Not a bad idea at all.

only problem with that is not everyone has a beta account, and you would have to rest the current beta for that to work (I am assuming that was considered in the adjusting part), otherwise it would be awesome :)

if your going to change it of course you would reset it, and open it to new accounts
Reason, youll get dead.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
Ifrit wrote:
Lore wrote:

Not a bad idea at all.

if your going to change it of course you would reset it, and open it to new accounts
Well I mentioned the new accounts thing cause I dont have a beta account :P so it better happen :P
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

It's too early for a beta to start. I've still got quite a lot of work before the game is ready for a beta.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:It's too early for a beta to start. I've still got quite a lot of work before the game is ready for a beta.

Even a slight hint as to an ETA?
1 month?
3 month?
6 months?

just a rough estimate?
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”