Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: Um... how come I never heard of this thing "Origins"

SGAW owns :p
Well as for chaos I don't play it anymore. Quantum must be interesting atm, with dragons, but sadly I stopped playing it last wave, so I wont be a dragon master or something. :)
Ascended isn't too bad, but it's annoying people with 30-40quad strikes.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:SGAW owns :p
Well as for chaos I don't play it anymore. Quantum must be interesting atm, with dragons, but sadly I stopped playing it last wave, so I wont be a dragon master or something. :)

SGAW and Chaos are the same game, one just resets. Run by the same people as well.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Amar
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Asuran
ID: 58

Lore wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:SGAW owns :p

SGAW and Chaos are the same game, one just resets. Run by the same people as well.

U totally have absolutely positively no idea how incorrect that statement is
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
R D Anderson wrote:SS face should be deleted and thrown at this topic
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Chaos is full of different techs and weapons, like 10 different extra weapons for strike and defence. Or at least ws so last wave.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

LOL
Ok while not entirely true what I said, it is true. They are run by the same people, they were born from the same place, only difference is one is resetable, and the updates moved in that direction, one is not and updates moved in that direction. Everything discussed update wise in both games goes to where it makes most sense. Updates suggested for SGAW ended up in Chaos and vise versa.

Thats what I meant, sorry for the confusion.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Amar
Forum Expert

:P

The great thing about chaos is that since it is resettable, it is basically a brand new game each wave :)

I think I will try origins, but i may leave sgw to do so
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

I think a lot may end up leaving main to play Origins.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Su wrote:I think a lot may end up leaving main to play Origins.

ill dabble in it, but until I see what it actually is, and how the Admin is, I'll not make a commitment. If he like Jason is I have no intrest. If hes active and responsive and has a good head on his shoulders I'll gladly take my spot in the ranks.
Reason, youll get dead.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

Lore wrote:
Su wrote:I think a lot may end up leaving main to play Origins.

ill dabble in it, but until I see what it actually is, and how the Admin is, I'll not make a commitment. If he like Jason is I have no intrest. If hes active and responsive and has a good head on his shoulders I'll gladly take my spot in the ranks.

One spot behind me ;)
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Ive acually grown to like chaos, although this is my first wave, so I cant really give a strong opinion. But i am more looking foward to a beta for this game so I can watch its development and decide if its worth my time investment. If no beta I will most likely take little intrest until I understand it enough to tell weither I like it or not. So the only thing I am really rooting for when it comes to Origins is a beta server, is most likely the best move at this point.
GameSquire
Forum Addict
Race: The Canadian Tollan
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): StarGateMan

I hadn't taken a look into the Quantum or Chaos Gate cause I don't have the time to play them, I use to play the sgancientwars.com game but I didn't check that game for a while do to the same thing, hardly have any time to play it. I only play the Main, Ascended, and the Battle Corp Server. So I don't know much about Quantum and the Chaos Wars, although I have started a blog on them, I don't know/play any other server besides these 3 servers
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Amar wrote:I'll prolly eventually get warned for advertising other games or sumn,

But chaos is run by the same admin as SGAncientWars now.

If you take the time to get used to it, you will see chaos is waay better than its ever been.

SGAW is the slowpaced, focus on growth at all times kind of game. No raiding, limited trading, no AT market, etc.

The reason i prefer those two games over the rest? because the admin actively interact with the users, and constantly strive to improve their games.

Unlike the admin of Kingdom games. but im hearing lots of vets say they are looking forward to this................ so maybe ill have a gander at it..

I haven't had any direct talk with Jason except for admin meetings and some emails so my opinion of him can't be very accurate.

But I had alot of talks with sgaw admin (with just a quick luck you can see why ;) ) and we also share a name (just like Su does).

If not for my lack of time I would play sgaw and I'm sure I would of loved it. It's too bad I was cought in rl cause I would of sold my sgw account and started sgaw ..... I'm still thinking about it.
Amar
Forum Expert

The main "problem" you would have with SGAW at this point, is since there is no raiding, or trading units, you will never be the biggest unless everybody who started before you quit.

It is much easier to grow than it used to be, and you will reach a decent size much aster than the veterans, but you will always be smaller.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Amar wrote:The main "problem" you would have with SGAW at this point, is since there is no raiding, or trading units, you will never be the biggest unless everybody who started before you quit.

It is much easier to grow than it used to be, and you will reach a decent size much aster than the veterans, but you will always be smaller.

That is in the players hands. A warring account my not keep its size over new players. Also a group of 10 players can do much damage to a single player and with their losses being spread out, that means they can overcome him.

that is a problem with the "human" factor in the game.
Reason, youll get dead.
Amar
Forum Expert

perhaps... but not entirely true. there is also attack tiering so you cant even hit sumn 1/4 your size or 4 times your size.... and at this moment in time.... assumming you started with 10K UP, (which is decent) would take you roughly 1-2 months just to get in range...not counting the fact that they are growing faster than you

Return to “Origins General Chat”