A Modest Proposal

Shadowarrior
Forum Newbie

A Modest Proposal

It has been stated time, and time again that wars are not winable, and frankly i agree. Now this issue is very complex, i however think i can solve one huge hole in the status quo. I feel that a major flaw in this game is the ability to place huge amounts of men into attack and have them safe even when say all of your other units are in disaray, i feel this does not make add up in a milatary sense. To this end i propose that all attack soldiers are "Reserve forces", which i feel is logical, becuse to my knowldge no country has attacked other countries with glee and indifferance when thier homeland was being pillaged. The way these "Reserve forces" would be used is as follows:

When a realm has no defence power and is still being attacked an immediate "Emergency Mobilization" occurs in which attack units are called to the front, now obviosouly such an ad hoc mobilization would not be a good way to fight a war and therfore a few penalties must accompany this "Emergency Mobilization" those penalities should be as follows:
1. A 30% reduction in defence efficency
2. The mothership cannot aid in the battle (Due to nature of reserve deployments the risk of friendly fire would be insanly high)
3. An increase in wepon repair costs and damage taken (Attack wepons are made to attack hence the penalty)
These penalties while some what harsh i feel are vital to prevent a "double defence" from being built.

To those who will say this if implemented well hurt new players i am at a lost isnt a more logical and sensable game better for everyone? Becuse in the end its not who wins its how the game is played and in this case whether the game is worthy to be played

Hope my thoughts are not too moronic

Enjoy
Mc. Random says:
If I had to compare you with anyone in history shadow, It would be general patton.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

Re: A Modest Proposal

Your thoughts aren't moronic. Something to this effect has been suggested previously. Read Wolf's post in this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=125277&start=0

also:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=127321
Planets locations
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

i think our MS should fight when we are atacked :D
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

1. A 30% reduction in defence efficency
2. The mothership cannot aid in the battle (Due to nature of reserve deployments the risk of friendly fire would be insanly high)
3. An increase in wepon repair costs and damage taken (Attack wepons are made to attack hence the penalty)

This has been asked for time and time again. Most agree to some extent with it. There are 5 topics or so I know of over time asking for exactly the same thing.
As for your 3 conditions
1. I feel its to high, mainly because I personally think that the "Att" shouldnt revert to Def until the Def is 0. So normal naq farming can occur. 30 % is a massive hit to take at an rate. I would go 10% or less

2.I totally disagree. If it can strike in a def stance they why not in an offense stance? Secondly, whats it really matter. After the Def is massed more then likely the MS is dead already so no need to remove the fling swiss cheese for the remaining battle

3. Again, Totally disagree. Your wanting to hit them with 30% loss of power, and higher death rate, and weapon repair? your making it too easy to kill a sizeable force in my eyes. One maybe but all 3? might as well just wipe them all out in 1 hit and be done.

I think the conditions for the "activation" of the Strike to Defense conversion is the key. Something along the lines of the 3rd hit in a single turn, or second hit from the same account. This will allow naq farming and allow the strike to exist if that what the account wants, but would mobalize to stop raids, spy hunts, and multiple lifer suicides. It also does allow the Attack force to decimate all trained military units to 0.

To those who will say this if implemented well hurt new players i am at a lost isnt a more logical and sensable game better for everyone? Becuse in the end its not who wins its how the game is played and in this case whether the game is worthy to be played

That is the honest truth, but sadly to many don't agree.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Shadowarrior
Forum Newbie

So lets say we take out and conditions 2 & 3 would you guys like it then?
Mc. Random says:
If I had to compare you with anyone in history shadow, It would be general patton.
Shadowarrior
Forum Newbie

When a realm has no defence power and is still being attacked an immediate "Emergency Mobilization" occurs in which attack units are called to the front

is that good enough?
Mc. Random says:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Been asked for repeatedly mate, there are more then 1 lengthy topic on this with alot of doscussion. I might try to dig them up for you.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Admin made 5 new war types, that are WINNABLE but people wont use them, they'd rather cry on and on about how they are not winnable.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

I think people have tried declaring them but as there is no automatic accept it doesn't really make much sense. I mean how hard would it be to code in say 10 attacks or sabs back equals acceptance of the war type?
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Tekki wrote:I think people have tried declaring them but as there is no automatic accept it doesn't really make much sense. I mean how hard would it be to code in say 10 attacks or sabs back equals acceptance of the war type?

It would be to easily exploitable if it was an auto accept,

Imagine if you where raiding someone in an alliance, god you would auto drag your alliance into a new war every day, would never work.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:
Tekki wrote:I think people have tried declaring them but as there is no automatic accept it doesn't really make much sense. I mean how hard would it be to code in say 10 attacks or sabs back equals acceptance of the war type?

Imagine if you where raiding someone in an alliance, god you would auto drag your alliance into a new war every day, would never work.

completely stops all 1 vs 1 as well as it opens complete alliances up for attacks.

Any chooseable war setting is a waste of time as the attackers will always win every battle because they can manipulate their accounts pre war to win no matter the conditions.

You can't overcome human nature with rules of engagement.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Lore wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:

completely stops all 1 vs 1 as well as it opens complete alliances up for attacks.

Any chooseable war setting is a waste of time as the attackers will always win every battle because they can manipulate their accounts pre war to win no matter the conditions.

You can't overcome human nature with rules of engagement.

the only way to overcome that is with honor, and by giving the target a chance to prepare, but that rarely happens

honor does not exist here.

as for pre warning that is an option, but the true start would have to be completely random or it too can be manipulated. In all honesty the accounts should be relesed to war slowly over time otherwise who ever is online at the time the war starts wipes the other alliance completely.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Lore wrote: honor does not exist here.

that is a matter of opinion
Lore wrote: as for pre warning that is an option, but the true start would have to be completely random or it too can be manipulated. In all honesty the accounts should be relesed to war slowly over time otherwise who ever is online at the time the war starts wipes the other alliance completely.

and that is exactly my take on war, and exactly how I carry it out ;)

2 people can have honor, and war honorably
2 alliances can have honor, and war honorably

No one can war with an unhonorable foe and force them to be honorable. 1 bad apple destroys all honor on 1 side or the other.

Thats my opinion

Honestly, how many times do you get to battle a completely honorable alliance or have a completely honorable war?

And you just proved my point on war very well. TY
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Wanna go for 3 and see if we can improve your record?

8)

j/k mate, put the guns down :lol:
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Lore wrote:Wanna go for 3 and see if we can improve your record?

8)

j/k mate, put the guns down :lol:

didn't know I was holding any :shock:

your men are 8)

OK I better stop spaming now

sawee :oops:
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”