Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Income

Thade wrote:One way I see to take care of folks building a pure strike account is what Semper said (or quoted?) about making strikes defend an account if a person has a 0 def.

I honestly don't understand why the two are divided in the first place. Why are there not just "Military Units" that do both the attacking and defending?

I agree, only problem i see is what happens in a live battle? if you strike with full power then you should have 0 def power if the attacks are simotanious
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lore wrote:
Thade wrote:One way I see to take care of folks building a pure strike account is what Semper said (or quoted?) about making strikes defend an account if a person has a 0 def.

I honestly don't understand why the two are divided in the first place. Why are there not just "Military Units" that do both the attacking and defending?

I agree, only problem i see is what happens in a live battle? if you strike with full power then you should have 0 def power if the attacks are simotanious

You could theoretically set a bar, defining the percentage of "Deployed Military Units" and "Defending Military Units".. like 20% attacking/80% defending, or any variation one might desire.. :)

Might I suggest we try not to stray too far from "income"? I can see how the current discussion is related to income, but it's a risky road; just, kindly and humbly reminding you of the topic. :P
Amar
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Asuran
ID: 58

so trained military units make more then the "worker drones"?

and do trained units make income even if they are unequipped?
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
R D Anderson wrote:SS face should be deleted and thrown at this topic
Borek
Forum Addict

Amar wrote:so trained military units make more then the "worker drones"?

and do trained units make income even if they are unequipped?
yes they make more than Untrained, yes they make it regardless of being armed or not. However they ARE affected by fatigue rates, so if they get used they earn less. What it means is you cannot train your entire army into attack troops to avoid earning any income, lol, you would actually earn more :lol:
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

I've just finished a small update to the help and rules page that explains income.

Hopefully this clears up the blurry income issues.

http://origins.stargatewars.com/help.php#Calculations

If this needs further clarification let me know.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:I've just finished a small update to the help and rules page that explains income.

Hopefully this clears up the blurry income issues.

http://origins.stargatewars.com/help.php#Calculations

If this needs further clarification let me know.

looks good to me AG.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”