For those ascending

Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

For those ascending

Would be nice for a countdown of days to appear where the ascension picture usually is, if you have to wait.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Platypus0
Fledgling Forumer

Re: For those ascending

you need to wait two weeks to ascend again.. and need those 1001g&r
i dont see much use on this, only add more info and lag to the server..
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

While I actually like the idea of a countdown, but I think its not worth the effort. It would require to many checks, as all you are really counting down is time if you have the G&R because if you dont have the G&R it cant start counting as you can get knocked out of G&R at any time.

There is to much server lagg and worthless information already.

If done I definitely would say update it 12 to 24 hrs, and not constantly on turn change.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

i agree with some of the negative results, but it could just be a count that focuses on the next fastest possible ascension, which would eliminate extra variables such as if your in glory or not. i dont think it would cause any extra lag if it updated every day. it doesnt have to go down to the hour. it would just be nice if it showed something like "The process of ascending has weakened your potential to ascend again for X amount of days"

anyways, thanks for the comments guys.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Platypus0
Fledgling Forumer

may be some txt line saying when was your last ascencion? easy to add 14 days to ascend again and we can keep track of how long was our last ascencion
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

What about the people who aren't ascending though? They don't need this information and it will just clog up their screens.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

well, in my idea, the text would disappear once the counter has expired. which means it is there for a short time. also, i wouldn't go as far to say 1 line of text below stats would be too cluttering.

Tekki wrote:What about the people who aren't ascending though? They don't need this information and it will just clog up their screens.

If they are not ascending, the text wouldn't be there. the text would only be visible for 15 days after ascending to let you know when you can ascend again.

Platypus0 wrote:may be some txt line saying when was your last ascencion? easy to add 14 days to ascend again and we can keep track of how long was our last ascencion

The point of this is to avoid keeping track of days manually, so it would be better if it was an explicit counter. i honestly don't see why this shouldnt be implemented, as it would be a convenience. It also wouldn't be too much effort or lines to code.
~King of the Goa'uld~
Myhill
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 56807

if you intend to ascend every two weeks, straight after you ascend, copy and paste the time and date and send your self a message then save it.. :lol: saves all them lines of code and isn't to hard to do.. :lol:
Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”