Racial bonuses

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Racial bonuses

Midnight wrote:So how do we find a way to turn that into a bonus for them?

Perhaps cheaper and more efficient technologies for them?

No, make then the attack race. :lol: +25% strike.

make the Tauri the covert race. Switch
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Definately the simplest and quickest way to fix it...

But personally I would say that their numbers would help with everything not just strike... So in that form, a slightyl higher bonus with their techs would be the most accurate. Maybe just like a 5% bonus to what the other races have... Raises is just a little, but doesn't ruin what the Tauri (and I agree with you, they aren't a "strike" kind of people) and Asgard have for their racial bonuses...
semper

Midnight wrote:Definately the simplest and quickest way to fix it...

But personally I would say that their numbers would help with everything not just strike... So in that form, a slightyl higher bonus with their techs would be the most accurate. Maybe just like a 5% bonus to what the other races have... Raises is just a little, but doesn't ruin what the Tauri (and I agree with you, they aren't a "strike" kind of people) and Asgard have for their racial bonuses...

Well on the same note..you could say the same on different levels for all the races. :?

The Goa'uld had millions, if not billions of Jaffa enslaved. The Kull Warriors were nigh on indestructible, even the replicators could not penetrate their armoured shielding.

The Asgard, has beam weapons that would have been capable of destroying any other races ships with ease at the end of their reign, not to mention so few of them ever died..it would also be logical to say that any asgards out there should come with over powered weapons, tiny army sizes and suffer next to no casualties.

That's why the line was drawn with the four aspects of covert, defence, strike and income to begin with. That is the way it should remain...just switch the Tauri and replicators around.

Serious though Admin gary..a UP bonus is a bad bad bad idea...its not fair on the other races at all. I like a challenge...but that is literally placing the odds in my opponents favour. The Goa'uld have an income bonus..the replicators may as well have one if they're getting an increased UP bonus..its just...it dont work.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Midnight
Forum Regular

After long thought and discussion, I second Sempers notion.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Why not give the replicators half the increase to strike and def that tauri and asgard get? that way they get a bonus to both stats that are important? Thus reflecting their increased ability to adapt to various technologies (as for their special tech I like Semper's one idea in another thread about some of the naq they steal being converted into UU or something)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Thade wrote:Why not give the replicators half the increase to strike and def that tauri and asgard get? that way they get a bonus to both stats that are important? Thus reflecting their increased ability to adapt to various technologies (as for their special tech I like Semper's one idea in another thread about some of the naq they steal being converted into UU or something)

much better then a UP bonus, UP bonus is a bad idea, and if followed through with, you will see 90% of the server replis for 6 months to a year. They they will race change to their race of choice once UP is not the focal point.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

I'm still a bit torn between a few ideas.
I like giving replicators a 10% bonus to both attack and defence.
I also like giving them the ability to turn naq into units.

I think that giving the replicators the ability to turn naq into units would be best suited for their race. At the same time I think that it would still cause an exponential growth for the replicators. So in the interest of game balance I'll give replicators a 10% bonus to both attack and defence.

What say you?
semper

adminGary wrote:I'm still a bit torn between a few ideas.

I think that giving the replicators the ability to turn naq into units would be best suited for their race. At the same time I think that it would still cause an exponential growth for the replicators. So in the interest of game balance I'll give replicators a 10% bonus to both attack and defence.

What say you?

My idea was for it to be their race unique bonus gary.. the Goa'uld convert a certain % of enemy dead into uu (so..basically some become slaves or host's), the asgard would suffer less casulties..and the Tauri do better covert stuff.

Either way.. test it!

LET

IT

BEGIN!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:I'm still a bit torn between a few ideas.

What say you?

Much better then any UP bonus.

what are the race bonuses now as they stand?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Race bonuses are...

REPLICATORS - 15 Percent Attack and 10 Percent Defence Bonus
TAURI - 30 Percent Attack Bonus
ASGARDS - 25 Percent Defence Bonus
GOA'ULD - 20 Percent Income Bonus
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:Race bonuses are...

REPLICATORS - 15 Percent Attack and 10 Percent Defence Bonus
TAURI - 30 Percent Attack Bonus
ASGARDS - 25 Percent Defence Bonus
GOA'ULD - 20 Percent Income Bonus

kinna skewed?

25 total
30 total
25 total

I mean i can see replis losuing 5% as they gain 2 bonuses, but why is asguard 5% less the tauri? Strike already has the most advantages.

Just asking, im fine with it but feel its a bit skewed.
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Not to mention income...

Us poor snake-holes get hard done by...

:? 8)
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

The income bonus is active at all times, however with the offensive bonus you actually have to attack people for it to be of any use o_O

Just my.. Canadian 2¢'s >_<
Midnight
Forum Regular

Colton wrote:The income bonus is active at all times, however with the offensive bonus you actually have to attack people for it to be of any use o_O

Just my.. Canadian 2¢'s >_<

Fair call, but it also increases risk of being attacked...
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Didn't think about that ^^

Although it doesn't matter if your on PPT most of the time.. I can't stand being in PPT lol

Return to “Development and Suggestions”