Moons

I Am Thor
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Four Races
Race: Asgard/Ancient
ID: 7368

Moons

I want something else to conquer with MS fleets, thats why I am proposing moons to conquer and then they orbit your planets, and give some type of bonus like a small attack, defense, UP, naq or even something strange would be fine, like lowering weapon cost. I just miss using my MS fleets to conquer planets and such
~FreeSpirit~ wrote:U can always knock at my door but remember i knock back ;)
Tridentkilla wrote:Bush was about as Communist has Lenin was Capitalist...
Alq Veers

Re: Moons

What if say different attributes were given to different planet masses?

Eg. Planets could have UP, Income. Asteriods/moons could have att, def or covert attributes. And such like that, adding in new masses for counquering and a vaired style?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Can I get a Comet and some asteroids too?

it is an intresting Idea, But if put in play, can we blow them up too please?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
urogard
Forum Elder
ID: 0

Lore wrote:Can I get a Comet and some asteroids too?

it is an intresting Idea, But if put in play, can we blow them up too please?

a natural sattelite (depending on the size lol) should be quite destroyable with the right equipment even with today's or near-future technology (a couple of 100 megaton nukes in strategic positions inside the moon could maybe do the job and maybe not so much destroy as just split it into parts, albeit still very big)
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

I think, moons should be an equivalent of tiny planets no/virtually no defences, cannot be stolen - can only be destroyed, and can only be made on the market with (I think 2MT would be good) with attribute cost a lot more expensive than usual tiny planets.

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

csp4.0 wrote:I think, moons should be an equivalent of tiny planets no/virtually no defences, cannot be stolen - can only be destroyed, and can only be made on the market with (I think 2MT would be good) with attribute cost a lot more expensive than usual tiny planets.

then they become quite worthless: expensive little rocks without a defense/with an inexcusably small defense that can be blown up and unretrievable.

a toy for the rich, perhaps.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

csp4.0 wrote:I think, moons should be an equivalent of tiny planets no/virtually no defences, cannot be stolen - can only be destroyed, and can only be made on the market with (I think 2MT would be good) with attribute cost a lot more expensive than usual tiny planets.

I think maybe a median of this idea, like they can either be destroyed or captured.

Captured: Either you want it, or you're bored and trying to cause a war
Destroyed: Just to be an **Filtered** :smt098

But, yeah, some type of bonus, plus i do like the concept of asteroids and comets that only come around once in awhile.
Demon Lord Razgriz
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Horus Warlords~
Race: System Lord

OH YEAH! I love this idea! Here's my little contribution to it...

The moons will have sizes like planets, but only 3 of them.

Captured Astroid(like Demos & Phobos of Mars), Medium(needs a another name), & Demi-planet(which is roughly the size of the Small Planet).

Now, because of gravity & other forces, Smaller planets can't take the bigger moons so Planets like tiny, very small, & small can only have a single Captured Astroid as a moon.

Next up is the normal, above average, & Large moons; they can have both Captured astroids & medium moons. Also, with the Above Average(AAP) & Large Planets(LP), a special feature becomes availible, multible moons. AAP can have either 1 medium moon or 2 Captured Astroids. LP can have 1 Medium & 1 Captured or 3 Captured.

We now move on to the big boys, the Huge, Monsterous, & mind blowing size planets. With these, we have access to all the moons out there. And as with the AAPs & LPs, these planets have the multible moon feature. Huge can have 4 Captures, 1 Medium & 2 Captures, 2 Mediums, or 1 Demi-Planet. Monsterous can have 5 Captures, 1 Medium & 3 Captures, 2 Mediums & 1 Captured, or 1 Demi-Planet & 1 Captured. Mind Blowing can have 6 Captured, 1 Medium & 4 Captured, 3 Mediums, 1 Demi-Planet & 2 Captured, or 1 Demi-planet & 1 Medium.

Another thing this idea could do is balance out the planet def. We return the planet def the way it was, but when a moon is destroyed, the fragments of the moon will rain down on the planet, destorying some of the planet def.

Please feel free to fill in any holes I may have missed in this contribution to the moon idea. :-D

Razgriz<-Goa'uld
DEsTrOy!!<-Keizer Ghidorah
henriksson19
Forum Regular
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1947144

I Am Thor wrote:
I think maybe a median of this idea, like they can either be destroyed or captured.

Captured: Either you want it, or you're bored and trying to cause a war
Destroyed: Just to be an **Filtered** :smt098

But, yeah, some type of bonus, plus i do like the concept of asteroids and comets that only come around once in awhile.

this sounds interesting :-k
Spoiler
King Of Timeless Ancient God of the TOLAH
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Interesting idea's, I think they would have to very very different to planets to make them worth while.

An option I would consider is moon/asteroids/comets, whatever you want to call them NOT entering your realm BUT instead sending your MS to search and mine them, maybe a new MS upgrade for Sensors/Mining Equipment, when you MS finds one on explore mission, random generator decides how much resources you manage to extract, a one off resource hit of Naq or some other mineral/ore to be used in a new way.

Another cool option would be the ability to use fleets to redirect the course of an asteroid ( Like they did in Atlantis ), the asteroid could impact on your enemy's planets/Platforms causing massive damage.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:Blah, Blah, Blah
Another thing this idea could do is balance out the planet def. We return the planet def the way it was, but when a moon is destroyed, the fragments of the moon will rain down on the planet, destorying some of the planet def.

Please feel free to fill in any holes I may have missed in this contribution to the moon idea. :-D

:shock:

Intresting idea.

8)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lore wrote:

Intresting idea.

8)

You so stole that bla bla bla thing. :P (Gotta be careful when applying it though, it often strikes people as degrading of their writing.) ;)

I like it. Interesting idea.
Anyone remember TacticalCommander? He had this great way of describing new features he'd like to see introduced. Long, long stretches of post, but quite informative and very well structured.
I want that guy back, and see him write on this one. :)

In other words, great ideas, but hard to make out a real outlined suggestion here. Might just be my lack of powers of observation. :P Go on, great work thus far ppl. :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Universe wrote:
Lore wrote:

Intresting idea.

8)

You so stole that bla bla bla thing. :P (Gotta be careful when applying it though, it often strikes people as degrading of their writing.) ;)

Anyone remember TacticalCommander? He had this great way of describing new features he'd like to see introduced. Long, long stretches of post, but quite informative and very well structured.

In other words, great ideas, but hard to make out a real outlined suggestion here. Might just be my lack of powers of observation. :P Go on, great work thus far ppl. :)

True, but i was just avoiding long quotes, not harm intended.

TC is still around from time to time.
Reason, youll get dead.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

Universe wrote:You so stole that bla bla bla thing. :P (Gotta be careful when applying it though, it often strikes people as degrading of their writing.) ;)

Real oulined suggestion huh? Okay, here goes :lol:

I propose the creation of Moons, Asteroids and Comets into the game for Mothership Fleets or the Mothership itself to conquer/destroy. Small planets and very small planets would only be able to handle one to two moons regardless the size of the moons, which range from plutoid, small moon, moon, and demi-planet. Each moon adds a boost to the planet it is designated to orbit and the boost can be increased the same way a planets facilities are. Now if a moon is destroyed, fragments of the moon rain down on the planets surface and destroy defences/facilities. A moon may only be destroyed if the motherships offense is supremely superior to the moons surface defense by a margin of 60-70% of the current defense. Big planets would be able to hold about 5-7 moons in total if all moons are demi-planets, 17 plutoids, 13 small moons, 9 moons and the amount of motherhip power to destroy these moons would have to be at least tenfold of the moons defense. Monsterous planets however should hold a maximum of 19 moons regardless of size of the moons due to the size of the planet. Asteroids and comets should be subjected to gravitational pull of a tractor beam from a mothership to force the object hurtling into an enemies planet or platform. Futhermore, these small asteroids and comets should also be subjected to mining by the mothership's and should only come around once in awhile like real asteroids and comets do.

Long enough? :P :lol:
Demon Lord Razgriz
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Horus Warlords~

Lore wrote:
Universe wrote:
Lore wrote:

Intresting idea.

8)

True, but i was just avoiding long quotes, not harm intended.

TC is still around from time to time.

You nearly got on my bad list Lore with that blah blah blah statement until I decided to be smart and read the rest.

But anyway, I glad you like my second idea but to put it in the way I'm thinking, you'd need the first idea. I was think that the amount of damage cause by the moon would be determined by the size of the moon and maybe the planet too. Like if it was a Captured Astroid, it'd cause 1% damage, Medium would do 5%, & demi-planet would do 10%. That seems fair to me.

Another thing is the cost of destroying the moons. To make it somewhat balanced, the Captured Astroid would need 10AT to destroy, Medium 20ATs, & Demi-planets 30ATs.

So what about that?

Razgriz<-Goa'uld
DEsTrOy!!<-Keizer Ghidorah

Return to “Suggestions Archive”