How is overall rank calculated?

You all asked for it.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

How is overall rank calculated?

I'm curious, because in main I always thought if you had one stat ranked a lot lower than others, your overall rank would be massively affected.

I have ranked 3,4 and 6 for certain stats, but then another ranked well over 100, and yet my overall rank is 5, and has been for over a day....

Just wondering?

PS: Also, whats with all the guys that don't seem to be coming off ppt, with around 40k naq for as long as I've been looking in the rankings? Down near the last few pages, c. 25-27?
RedKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sigma
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Re: How is overall rank calculated?

pretty much noone has anything on ac, there is no difference for everyone really, and the ones staying on 40k are those from beta who havnt logged in yet
Sammael wrote: Well done, mate, need my pants lowered thanks ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RepliMagni wrote:I'm curious, because in main I always thought if you had one stat ranked a lot lower than others, your overall rank would be massively affected.

I have ranked 3,4 and 6 for certain stats, but then another ranked well over 100, and yet my overall rank is 5, and has been for over a day....

Just wondering?
I'm interested in this question too. :)

RepliMagni wrote:PS: Also, whats with all the guys that don't seem to be coming off ppt, with around 40k naq for as long as I've been looking in the rankings? Down near the last few pages, c. 25-27?

They are old accounts from beta; not logged in yet after the game went live. If you remember, you had 1 hour of PPT after your first login. Those accounts are currently on perma-PPT.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

I would not be surprised if AC is calculated.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

Mean to say "Not".
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

they need to be removed from PPT or deleted, it obvious they dont intend to play.

Why all the names with "deleted" in front of them?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lore wrote:they need to be removed from PPT or deleted, it obvious they dont intend to play.

Why all the names with "deleted" in front of them?

Obviously deleted accounts stay visible, which shouldn't happen.. probably should become either invisible or shown as 'PPT'.

Oh, and I saw this for main, and figured that since it's a four-stat calculation, it wouldn't be all that different for Origins:
How do Ranks works?: Each player is ranked in each stat: attack/defence/covert (anti+normal)/mothership. You therefore have 4 ranks...1 is best, last is worse. A tie at the same value for last (ie everyone without a mothership). Your total rank is determined by taking ( rank1 + rank2 + rank3 + rank4 ) divided by 4, then sorting from lowest to highest. All 4 stats are therefore weighted equally in determining total rank, and dropping one by a lot will drop your total rank substantially. Having balanced ranks is the best way to climb the overall ranks.

Return to “Origins General Chat”