Total votes: 163
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

Give the game back to the real players.

As stated before , stop slowing down ppl who play longer / better / more ,

get rid of the caps.

I have seeing noobs build accounts in 3 months wat took me 2 years , the farming is better , there is more naq out , better raids , turns a plenty and ppl get great boosts from planets .

Dont tell me we need to slow the bigger players ,
a lot of ppl already left just cos of the unfairness of it.

Ppl get punched for playing the game to the full , slackers get the easy way handed on a silver plate and still complain.

Make the game fair again to who deserves it , not to who whines about never going to be able to catch up , cos lets face it , its cos there not doing there best.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Give the game back to the real players.

What gripes me worse then anything is seeing people whine about how unfair it is for the little guy and seeing a market thread from the same person selling 50 mill UU.

Why he cut the caps back this last time I do not know. It should have been purg alone but he chose to hit main as well.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Yeah at the very least I'd like to see the growth rate re-establised at 100million a year in main, with the limited rate for purg. Or cut back the plague as it was left the same.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Draleg
Forum Expert

Why not get a tech update , you have to fund a research team xxx naq for them to come up with a cure .

I don't mind paying for something cos then its the same for anyone reaching the cap , the way its now some ppl get more punished then others.
Evil bending Draleg
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Draleg wrote:Why not get a tech update , you have to fund a research team xxx naq for them to come up with a cure .

I don't mind paying for something cos then its the same for anyone reaching the cap , the way its now some ppl get more punished then others.

I like that idea!
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:Why not get a tech update , you have to fund a research team xxx naq for them to come up with a cure .

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

althogh the actual plague isnt as bad as the fact admin slowed the speed in which it rose, thats what really hurt
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert

yep , just an other way to help new players to " catch up "
Evil bending Draleg
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:yep , just an other way to help new players to " catch up "

Thats the problem no one understands tho

those "new players" choose to not gorow and sit under the raiding capp selling UU, so infact it not helping them grow, its only hurting those who actually choose to do it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

I voted for taking out the cap in main, for the same reasons as stated above. I would have preferred an option for increasing the plague cap limit growth, as Tekki wants, since the average growth rate would lead to ascended like accounts on main. Ok, not quite as bad, but I suspect that the army size spread would be similar. If the choice is between totally taking out the caps and keeping them - killing them have my vote. BTW - the only cap I would like to keep is the plague cap (introducing some kind of limiting factor). The trade cap and the raid cap really just punishes the larger players. They're still able to do exactly the same, but have to go about much more trouble doing it. You don't want to create too many lifers, so you want to buy UU to rebuild your def or to mass. Now you first have to find a middle man, then you have to raid. You get the same, but it takes you so much longer. Where's the fun in that!?

As for ascended, I voted no. If the ascended caps were taken away, a few accounts would reach trillion ASs within a few months. It would become even more senseless than now. In principle I agree - the ascended caps isn't a good thing, but in practice there is too much wrong with the fundamental setup of ascended. The fact that we have 4 growth parameters (number of miners, production, fleets, charisma) causes growth rates that are simply incredible. With the current setup the high production players feeds both themselves and the pro farmers in terms of fleets and charisma. Take out the caps, and you will see less farmers, and more high production players, further increasing the average growth. That is excluding the primary factor of increased miner numbers. Somehow I can't see how this will be good. This is just my current perception, though, and I might be missing much here.
Ken jy my nou? Het jy die spiëel gesien en ken jy jou?
Do now you know me? Did you see the mirror and do you know yourself?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Tacet wrote:I voted for taking out the cap in main, for the same reasons as stated above. I would have preferred an option for increasing the plague cap limit growth, as Tekki wants, since the average growth rate would lead to ascended like accounts on main. Ok, not quite as bad, but I suspect that the army size spread would be similar. If the choice is between totally taking out the caps and keeping them - killing them have my vote. BTW - the only cap I would like to keep is the plague cap (introducing some kind of limiting factor). The trade cap and the raid cap really just punishes the larger players. They're still able to do exactly the same, but have to go about much more trouble doing it. You don't want to create too many lifers, so you want to buy UU to rebuild your def or to mass. Now you first have to find a middle man, then you have to raid. You get the same, but it takes you so much longer. Where's the fun in that!?

As for ascended, I voted no. If the ascended caps were taken away, a few accounts would reach trillion ASs within a few months. It would become even more senseless than now. In principle I agree - the ascended caps isn't a good thing, but in practice there is too much wrong with the fundamental setup of ascended. The fact that we have 4 growth parameters (number of miners, production, fleets, charisma) causes growth rates that are simply incredible. With the current setup the high production players feeds both themselves and the pro farmers in terms of fleets and charisma. Take out the caps, and you will see less farmers, and more high production players, further increasing the average growth. That is excluding the primary factor of increased miner numbers. Somehow I can't see how this will be good. This is just my current perception, though, and I might be missing much here.

Well said, especially about ascended.

What jason doesnt seem to care about is for player like me to ascend fully now I'll have 360millish lifers if I dont grow by another man before I'm done. Now since I'm over the trade and raid limits that kinna kills me in every way shape and form, but as long as the new guy can catch me and kill me I guess thats all that matters.
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert

2 great posts , Jason needs to read this and reply , if someone can redirect him to this tread in the admin meet chat that would be a good thing .
( i cant , i'll be a sleep )
Evil bending Draleg
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

I think we need to realise that the game is played on several levels.

1. New peoples - just starting. These people are simply just not meant to be able to take out an account that's been established and playing for years - yet they can. And let's be honest, people say 'oh they are bullied' which is not true. They might get farmed, if they leave to much naq out but in general they are ignored.
2. Ascending peoples – for the most part these people don’t want to fight. They want to ascend so they are fairly quiet ingame
3. Middle range people – army sizes say 100m to 250m. They can take out anyone they want, including those bigger than them But there is no incentive for them to get a bigger army size as the restrictions via trade and raid are too difficult.
4. Big – those above raid limit approaching or above plague. Now forgive me if I have the rather arrogant belief that these people should be able to sit tight and not worry about the New people. These people though do fight each other (fairly frequently atm) and they have little to invest in except MS and planets and covert levels. Once they get their UP to about 1m a day (above plague) there is no reason to increase it more so they simply sit and invest in other things, which unbalances the game further.

Game mechanics DO allow the new people to develop and to challenge the ‘Big’ people – eventually. It is this eventually which is important. At the moment that eventually is being cut down further and further so that they can practically do it after 2 months! Where is the challenge? Where is the reward? Why bother try to become an elite player in all aspects of the game – including army size, if any nooblet can come along and destroy it. Better to remain smaller. And that’s not the point, at least not IMO.

Part of the problem is the way the game is currently skewed towards strike only accounts but a part also lies here, in the lack of encouragement to grow. So let’s remove the cap, at least in main, and keep the ascension bonuses reasonable – without forever allowing further ascensions, and I think you will find that even if someone does have a 1billion main army size, they are hardly going to be interested in attacking someone with 25million men, unless that someone happened to leave too much naq out. But then everyone will want to attack them, so it’s hardly grounds to cry ‘unfair’. This would truly allow those who want to be and who are prepared to work on it, be able to show exactly what they can do and would actually rebalance the game or begin to.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Fire_of_Venus wrote:I think we need to realise that the game is played on several levels.

1. New peoples - just starting. These people are simply just not meant to be able to take out an account that's been established and playing for years - yet they can. And let's be honest, people say 'oh they are bullied' which is not true. They might get farmed, if they leave to much naq out but in general they are ignored.
2. Ascending peoples – for the most part these people don’t want to fight. They want to ascend so they are fairly quiet ingame
3. Middle range people – army sizes say 100m to 250m. They can take out anyone they want, including those bigger than them But there is no incentive for them to get a bigger army size as the restrictions via trade and raid are too difficult.
4. Big – those above raid limit approaching or above plague. Now forgive me if I have the rather arrogant belief that these people should be able to sit tight and not worry about the New people. These people though do fight each other (fairly frequently atm) and they have little to invest in except MS and planets and covert levels. Once they get their UP to about 1m a day (above plague) there is no reason to increase it more so they simply sit and invest in other things, which unbalances the game further.

Game mechanics DO allow the new people to develop and to challenge the ‘Big’ people – eventually. It is this eventually which is important. At the moment that eventually is being cut down further and further so that they can practically do it after 2 months! Where is the challenge? Where is the reward? Why bother try to become an elite player in all aspects of the game – including army size, if any nooblet can come along and destroy it. Better to remain smaller. And that’s not the point, at least not IMO.

Part of the problem is the way the game is currently skewed towards strike only accounts but a part also lies here, in the lack of encouragement to grow. So let’s remove the cap, at least in main, and keep the ascension bonuses reasonable – without forever allowing further ascensions, and I think you will find that even if someone does have a 1billion main army size, they are hardly going to be interested in attacking someone with 25million men, unless that someone happened to leave too much naq out. But then everyone will want to attack them, so it’s hardly grounds to cry ‘unfair’. This would truly allow those who want to be and who are prepared to work on it, be able to show exactly what they can do and would actually rebalance the game or begin to.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Jason has basicly killed/removed the will, want, or need to grow, as you said, he encourages not growing over growing.
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert

we need more votes and feedback ppl .
Evil bending Draleg
Stickm@n
Forum Expert
Alliance: MaYHeM + BoT
Race: Stickmen
ID: 69

bump
This is my speaking as a moderator colour.

Spoiler
System Lord Tyrone
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”